There are 227 users in the forums

Stop Putting All The Blame On The O Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kendall Hunter looks better than Gore right now. Has the O line Changed? No, Gore is hurt and might be losing a step.

Now imagine a more aware QB with more talent than Smith. The O line won't look so bad. Yet all I hear is this O line suck and no other QB could perform behind this line. Well if that's the case no other RB could run behind this line. Oh wait..
[ Edited by Uppercut on Sep 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM ]
AMEN brotha.
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Kendall Hunter looks better than Gore right now. Has the O line Changed? No, Gore is hurt and might be losing a step.

Now imagine a more aware QB with more talent than Smith. The O line won't look so bad. Yet all I hear is this O line suck and no other QB could perform behind this line. Well if that's the case no other QB could run behind this line. Oh wait..

Does Kendall Hunter have a 100 Yard game this year that I am missing?
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Does Smith have a 300 yard game that I'm missing?
No. They deserve it.

Hunter is a change of pace back. I doubt he would put up any big numbers with this line.

lol ur missing alot actually...

Hunter's YPC last game,

Is that considered a good running game these days?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
The difference is we HAVE Hunter on our team, so we can replace Gore and yield better results in certain situations. We don't have that option with Smith. Complain about him all you want but we don't have any better options.
This might be the dumbest post in a while...Hunter under 3 yards a carry which was inflated by his 7 yard touchdown...Smith being pressured in under 3 seconds on a regular basis yeah the oline is hall of fame material lol

Now imagine a more aware QB with more talent than Smith. The O line won't look so bad. Yet all I hear is this O line suck and no other QB could perform behind this line. Well if that's the case no other RB could run behind this line. Oh wait..

26 yards. And a D prepped for Frank. Sorry, your argument holds no water.

Hunter: 11 carries, 30 yards, 2.7 avg, 1TD, long of 11

Gore: 59 carries, 148 yard, 2.5 avg, 1 TD, long of 16
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I don't understand why anyone is talking negatively about Hunter. 9 carries is too small a sample size to talk about his yards per carry. When he's at 30-40 carries, lets' talk. For now, use your eyes. Hunter is much more explosive than Gore and runs harder. A lot more versatility as well. He needs to be getting 15 touches a game minimum
Smith will be the QB on this team (period)

Let me start by saying that I I'm not an Alex Smith dck sucker by any stretch of the imagination, so with that said; what fckin games/ and team for that matter, have you been watching?! Ok, let's put all world, lead food Brady back there and see how he does with 3 to 4 sec max time to throw. And I won't even start with the one foot holes our line's been opening up. At this point, Barry Sanders is probably the only RB who could run behind this line.

Share 49ersWebzone