LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Stop Putting All The Blame On The O Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I posted an example of playoff-caliber QB's on playoff offenses -- and mobile QBs at that -- that have struggled mightily so far because of OL issues. Saying, "Think of if we had a better QB." ignores the issue.

Having a better QB would probably help a little, but they would STILL struggle, and that's the POINT. We have every right to blame the OL when we see our QB sacked repeatedly with almost no chance every time. Our OL is not only costing us with poor play, but PENALTIES. I'm sick of seeing 2nd and 6 turn into "2nd and 11" or "2nd and 16."

It's simple - good QB or not, and we know we don't really have one, an OL this terrible will make the offense look awful, and they deserve to be ripped a new one. Aside from 1 INT, Our QB has avoided turning the ball over despite being hit repeatedly. Everything wrong with our QB has already been exhausted.. we're concerned with the clear-cut problems elsewhere right now.

I hope we see Snyder starting this week. And if that doesn't help then we need to shake s**t up somehow. If we don't figure out the line I think our offense is going to get worse.
ohhh how cute.. another Alex Smith bashing thread!!! Very clever by puttin Oline in the title of the thread.. awesome job
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Manning will be in the same situation he's in right now, hurt. When Crabs, Morgan and Davis are covered in the first 3-sec, the pass rushers will light him up.

You know this how? 3 Seconds is plenty of time to get rid of the Ball in the NFL. What you want Smith to have 8 seconds to hold the ball? So now it's the Receivers fault?
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Is that what 49ers message boards are about? Banning people with different opinions. Please show me what I've done to deserve a banning. I'll wait.

It's not different opinions that I'm talking about, you're missing the point. Dude being fat has nothing to do with the topic of your weak thread.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
It's not different opinions that I'm talking about, you're missing the point. Dude being fat has nothing to do with the topic of your weak thread.

Stop fishing, he said he has fat fingers which is why he can't spell. I said I don't care that you're fat.
So... another Alex Smith bashing thread.

Nice one.

Creative and insightful.

My life is complete, now.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
ohhh how cute.. another Alex Smith bashing thread!!! Very clever by puttin Oline in the title of the thread.. awesome job

I just can't fathom how after this long, there are still people claiming to be 49ers fans who still support Smith. Boggles my mind.

At least he majority of fans had it right at Candlestick last time we played the Eagles. Well, not the Carr part. You get the point though.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
there should be a one month moratorium on n00bs making threads.
Originally posted by Aacadena:
So the oline is not terrible. Thats what u saying right. Glad everyone else agrees with you. I already told you fat fingers plus small phone equals poor spelling. Quit your cryin you makin micheal vick look like a man

More nonsense. What does Vick have to do with anything. He's more of a man than you could ever be. I'd like to see you play one quarter at QB in the NFL.

Wow im sorry i thought u wld have got the michael vick thing. Ill stop being witty. Lol
but i wld like to see u play qb for us and not blame the oline?

How is saying Smith is not very good "Smith Bashing". Meanwhile there are 10 O Line Bashing topics. Why is that ok and has been ok year after year but we can't mention Smith in the equation? WHY?

How is saying Smith is not very good "Smith Bashing". Meanwhile there are 10 O Line Bashing topics. Why is that ok and has been ok year after year but we can't mention Smith in the equation? WHY?

lol, yes, what this board needs is MORE threads arguing about Alex Smith.
dam and i was actually about to post about Gore and Hunter
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
which PBM is this? ZRF?
Originally posted by boast:
there should be a one month moratorium on n00bs making threads.

Yeah unless a "Noob" posts how much Alex Smith is an MVP QB right? The truth hurts. I'm just saying the Oline is not to take all the Blame. Smith too. Yet you cant' say Smith because then you're a noob and other insults that get thrown. Meanwhile I'm not allowed to retaliate or the "Vets" get into the whole you'll be gone run to the mod stuff. So weak. Also you act like being new to a forum means you're new to football. Weakest argument possible.
Kendall Hunter looks better than Gore right now. Has the O line Changed? No, Gore is hurt and might be losing a step.

Now imagine a more aware QB with more talent than Smith. The O line won't look so bad. Yet all I hear is this O line suck and no other QB could perform behind this line. Well if that's the case no other RB could run behind this line. Oh wait..

I agree Hunter looked good in the last series. However, he's not putting up great numbers.
Share 49ersWebzone