49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 694 users in the forums

Stop Putting All The Blame On The O Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,105
Uppercut I agree on a lot of things and disagree with a lot too. On offense though all things are to blame, going back and re-watching the games, you constantly see Staley, Rachal and A.Davis get owned in pass and run protection, even Goodwin gets beat here and there. It also seems Gore is uncomfortable and also looks as if his vision on the field dropped off. I noticed this in the Bengals game, when the O-line washed the right-side Gore also went right....WTF. And yes, Smith has made some terrible passes, threw some at the feet of receivers,but again it helps Smith more with his accuracy when the O-line doesn't get beat as often as they do. Crabtree, man, I don't know where to start with this guy, we gotta remind ourselves that this guy had zero, yes ZERO off-season work with the offense, I don't know how hes starting. In the end our offense is a mess and won't be fixed over night, we're gonna have to rely on our defense for now till the offense can put things together.
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Kendall Hunter looks better than Gore right now. Has the O line Changed? No, Gore is hurt and might be losing a step.

Now imagine a more aware QB with more talent than Smith. The O line won't look so bad. Yet all I hear is this O line suck and no other QB could perform behind this line. Well if that's the case no other RB could run behind this line. Oh wait..

Hunter is averaging 2.5 yards per carry. Go back to 49ers.com, oh wait, you're banned there for sucking at posting.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
lol, yes, what this board needs is MORE threads arguing about Alex Smith.

It's only arguing because people can't stand hearing that he's not very good. It's easier to blame everybody else, like the Oline.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Uppercut I agree on a lot of things and disagree with a lot too. On offense though all things are to blame, going back and re-watching the games, you constantly see Staley, Rachal and A.Davis get owned in pass and run protection, even Goodwin gets beat here and there. It also seems Gore is uncomfortable and also looks as if his vision on the field dropped off. I noticed this in the Bengals game, when the O-line washed the right-side Gore also went right....WTF. And yes, Smith has made some terrible passes, threw some at the feet of receivers,but again it helps Smith more with his accuracy when the O-line doesn't get beat as often as they do. Crabtree, man, I don't know where to start with this guy, we gotta remind ourselves that this guy had zero, yes ZERO off-season work with the offense, I don't know how hes starting. In the end our offense is a mess and won't be fixed over night, we're gonna have to rely on our defense for now till the offense can put things together.

Realize that Uppercut is a major troll from 49ers.com forums.
Originally posted by boast:
there should be a one month moratorium on n00bs making threads.



You, of all people, oppressing freedom of speech.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Hunter is averaging 2.5 yards per carry. Go back to 49ers.com, oh wait, you're banned there for sucking at posting.

He has 9 carries. I thought stats don't matter? Oh wait that's unless it's Smith. Kilgore, even over at 49ers.com everybody knows you're unhealthy Smith support is not to be taken serious. I suck at posting? You're the same guy comparing Seahawk fans to 49ers fans. Right.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • Posts: 156,350
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by boast:
there should be a one month moratorium on n00bs making threads.



You, of all people, oppressing freedom of speech.

not at all.

it's the same thread wrapped in a different title.
Originally posted by Thrash88:
This might be the dumbest post in a while...Hunter under 3 yards a carry which was inflated by his 7 yard touchdown...Smith being pressured in under 3 seconds on a regular basis yeah the oline is hall of fame material lol

The OP is a moron and a troll from 49ers.com forums. His gimmick will be up here fast.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Realize that Uppercut is a major troll from 49ers.com forums.

I'm a troll because I don't think Smith is good. Ok.
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Has the O-line given him a chance?

Yes

Link?
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
ohhh how cute.. another Alex Smith bashing thread!!! Very clever by puttin Oline in the title of the thread.. awesome job

How is saying Smith is not very good "Smith Bashing". Meanwhile there are 10 O Line Bashing topics. Why is that ok and has been ok year after year but we can't mention Smith in the equation? WHY?

There has been plenty mentioning of Smith. This year.. for once, he hasn't been a major problem. Perhaps one of the biggest and telling indicators is the fact that some of the harshest, most brutal, ruthless, and relentless critics or "haters" of Smith have backed off and mentioned the OL as being the main issue right now.

These individuals include: Susweel, Joecool, billbird2111, jones49 and Ninerjohn.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
The OP is a moron and a troll from 49ers.com forums. His gimmick will be up here fast.

Hypocrisy at it's finest. I get called names yet you think ill be banned.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
ohhh how cute.. another Alex Smith bashing thread!!! Very clever by puttin Oline in the title of the thread.. awesome job

How is saying Smith is not very good "Smith Bashing". Meanwhile there are 10 O Line Bashing topics. Why is that ok and has been ok year after year but we can't mention Smith in the equation? WHY?

There has been plenty mentioning of Smith. This year.. for once, he hasn't been a major problem. Perhaps one of the biggest and telling indicators is the fact that some of the harshest, most brutal, ruthless, and relentless critics or "haters" of Smith have backed off and mentioned the OL as being the main issue right now.

These individuals include: Susweel, Joecool, billbird2111, jones49 and Ninerjohn.

I get no love.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
ohhh how cute.. another Alex Smith bashing thread!!! Very clever by puttin Oline in the title of the thread.. awesome job

How is saying Smith is not very good "Smith Bashing". Meanwhile there are 10 O Line Bashing topics. Why is that ok and has been ok year after year but we can't mention Smith in the equation? WHY?

There has been plenty mentioning of Smith. This year.. for once, he hasn't been a major problem. Perhaps one of the biggest and telling indicators is the fact that some of the harshest, most brutal, ruthless, and relentless critics or "haters" of Smith have backed off and mentioned the OL as being the main issue right now.

These individuals include: Susweel, Joecool, billbird2111, jones49 and Ninerjohn.

I get no love.

You were borderline ruthless. I wasn't sure if I could quite include you in that mix.
The o-line has been dreadful. While I dont place ALL the blame on them they get about 60% in my opinion. The constant penalties game after game is unacceptable. I'd place 30% on the coaches. I understand we havent had much time to gel but changes need to be made if they want to protect the QB's on our team. Additionally the game plans have been awful, predictable, boring and ineffective so as coaches they need to get creative, open things up, switch personnel or whatever it takes to improve this. Ranked dead last theres only room to go up. I put 10% on Alex for not having the comprehension or the balls to audible out of obvious run plays based on the look he sees from the defense. I also fault Alex for not jumping down the guys on the line when he's taking sacks like that or when penalties put us in impossible situations. I know if I'm at home watching the game yelling at guys that he has to be angry as well. They are getting him killed. His career is on the line I want to see him take hold of it and go out swinging if that includes telling the coaches that the game plan is BS!!!
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone