LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 232 users in the forums

Stop Putting All The Blame On The O Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
they are the common denominator in all of our struggles. We won't fix anything that is wrong with the offense without fixing the offensive line first.

The Oline & QB, as well as our CB's, it's not just the O line.

I thought we were just talking about offense. I stand by my statement. When you give up as many sacks as we do, and as many pressures, and run the ball as poorly as we do, the logical thing to do would be to analyze the common denominator in those problems...which is the offensive line. They are the weakest unit on the entire team. Again, nothing will change on the offense until the line plays better, so whining about Alex or inflating Hunter's accomplishments is silly.
Originally posted by Aacadena:
since when have u ran ninertalk. I can do as i please,if i choose to get im a discussion with a twelve year old then so be it. By the way im glad u vhanged your argumemt with me cuz u really dont have one. U know what they say about assuming right

You have no argument, you have no points other than trying to post witty comebacks with poor spelling. You haven't done anything but complain this thread is dumb but you keep coming back. SO GO READ SOMETHING ELSE THEN.
I thought we were just talking about offense. I stand by my statement. When you give up as many sacks as we do, and as many pressures, and run the ball as poorly as we do, the logical thing to do would be to analyze the common denominator in those problems...which is the offensive line. They are the weakest unit on the entire team. Again, nothing will change on the offense until the line plays better, so whining about Alex or inflating Hunter's accomplishments is silly.

We were but you said the O line is the reason we are struggling.
The O line is not very good, all I said is stop putting ALL the blame on them. As soon as I say "Smith". It sends those who have an infatuation with him into a frenzy of rage.

If Patton Manning was healthy, how would he do behind this line? Answer honestly.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Does Kendall Hunter have a 100 Yard game this year that I am missing?

Does Smith have a 300 yard game that I'm missing?

Has the O-line given him a chance?
since when have u ran ninertalk. I can do as i please,if i choose to get im a discussion with a twelve year old then so be it. By the way im glad u vhanged your argumemt with me cuz u really dont have one. U know what they say about assuming right

You have no argument, you have no points other than trying to post witty comebacks with poor spelling. You haven't done anything but complain this thread is dumb but you keep coming back. SO GO READ SOMETHING ELSE THEN.

So the oline is not terrible. Thats what u saying right. Glad everyone else agrees with you. I already told you fat fingers plus small phone equals poor spelling. Quit your cryin you makin micheal vick look like a man
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
If Patton Manning was healthy, how would he do behind this line? Answer honestly.

How would he do, 1000 times better than Smith. He can read defenses, audible and release the ball twice as fast as Smith. Have you seen how Collins looks behind that line? Horrible. So that excuse won't fly.

We were but you said the O line is the reason we are struggling.

ok, i meant "offensive struggles."

and, actually, you probably could extrapolate that into "all of our struggles." Would we have had the defensive meltdown against Dallas if our offense could sustain drives and get into the endzone? Probably not. Why can't our offense sustain drives? Because of the offensive line.

Despite some problems in the secondary, if the offensive line was playing better the entire team would play better. Just MO.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Has the O-line given him a chance?

Yes
Then leave, is somebody holding you hostage. Nobody cares if you post in here or not. I also don't care that you're fat and can't type.

You're an interesting guy. You know what you and Taylor Mays have in common? He wasn't here long, and neither will you.

So the oline is not terrible. Thats what u saying right. Glad everyone else agrees with you. I already told you fat fingers plus small phone equals poor spelling. Quit your cryin you makin micheal vick look like a man

More nonsense. What does Vick have to do with anything. He's more of a man than you could ever be. I'd like to see you play one quarter at QB in the NFL.
The O line is not very good, all I said is stop putting ALL the blame on them. As soon as I say "Smith". It sends those who have an infatuation with him into a frenzy of rage.

they are the common denominator in all of our struggles. We won't fix anything that is wrong with the offense without fixing the offensive line first.

I posted an example of playoff-caliber QB's on playoff offenses -- and mobile QBs at that -- that have struggled mightily so far because of OL issues. Saying, "Think of if we had a better QB." ignores the issue.

Having a better QB would probably help a little, but they would STILL struggle, and that's the POINT. We have every right to blame the OL when we see our QB sacked repeatedly with almost no chance every time. Our OL is not only costing us with poor play, but PENALTIES. I'm sick of seeing 2nd and 6 turn into "2nd and 11" or "2nd and 16."

It's simple - good QB or not, and we know we don't really have one, an OL this terrible will make the offense look awful, and they deserve to be ripped a new one. Aside from 1 INT, Our QB has avoided turning the ball over despite being hit repeatedly. Everything wrong with our QB has already been exhausted.. we're concerned with the clear-cut problems elsewhere right now.
You're an interesting guy. You know what you and Taylor Mays have in common? He wasn't here long, and neither will you.

Is that what 49ers message boards are about? Banning people with different opinions. Please show me what I've done to deserve a banning. I'll wait.
Then leave, is somebody holding you hostage. Nobody cares if you post in here or not. I also don't care that you're fat and can't type.

We can only hope old friend, but with all the name calling and insults he throws around I have a feeling you are right. Its not like he is really contributing anything to the site anyways, all he ever posts about is Smith and how bad he sucks. He is like a militant Shaj.
How would he do, 1000 times better than Smith. He can read defenses, audible and release the ball twice as fast as Smith. Have you seen how Collins looks behind that line? Horrible. So that excuse won't fly.

Manning will be in the same situation he's in right now, hurt. When Crabs, Morgan and Davis are covered in the first 3-sec, the pass rushers will light him up.
Share 49ersWebzone