There are 243 users in the forums

Stop Putting All The Blame On The O Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Nice excuses. He hasn't had very many carries but you can see the difference when he's in there. Let him play a whole game and look at the numbers. All the calls for Hunter, but when any mention of Smith all of a sudden oh his YPC sucks. LOL what a bunch of Hypocrites.

You will get your wish soon enough, man. We keep running Gore into immovable objects, he will get his annual, season injury.

Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
How does hunter look better? His ypc is 2.9 Gore has a 2.7 ypc. Its a mix of a s**t OL and predictable play calling. Smith hasnt looked bad and none of our RBs have had holes to run thru against a stacked box. Mains reason the s**t OL youre defending and Harbaughs using Sings plan to run repeatedly against 8-9 guys in the box.

Kendal has had 9 carries.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Last I checked, Kendall Hunter is averaging 2.7 yards per carry and our team has allowed the 4th worst amount of sacks in the league.

Not sure if you saw three unblocked defenders surrounding Smith in a perfect triangle instantaneously against the Bengals Sunday, twice. As another poster said, "Your nameplate could say Jesus Christ and you wouldn't be able to do anything with that."

Do you dispute that our OL is heavily to blame? With a QB that isn't good, a terrible OL sure isn't going to help this offense. A good OL can make a good QB look even more amazing, but it can also mask the deficiencies of an average one. A bad OL can make a good QB look terrible. Examples?

Jay Cutler - sacked the most in the NFL this year. 858 yards (54.4%), 5 TD, 3 INT, 1 Fumb. Lost and 82.4 rating. 1-2 record.
Matt Ryan - sacked the 2nd most in the NFL this year. 844 yards (60.7%), 5 TD, 4 INT, 3 Fumb. Lost and 81.5 rating. 1-2 record.

Jason Campbell - sacked the least in the NFL this year. 584 yards (65.9%), 3 TD, 1 INT and 93.8 rating. 2-1 record.
Colt McCoy - sacked the 2nd least in the NFL this year. 634 yards (54.1%), 5 TD, 2 INT and 78.4 rating. 2-1 record.

If you think the OL has next to no responsibility for any problems, you are delusional. And don't give me this "Alexcuses" crap. It has been made very clear that NO ONE thinks he's a good QB, and this is precisely why the OL issues are exponentially worsening the problem. Most of us are just thankful Alex has been able to not turn the ball over despite being hammered into the ground repeatedly.

He has 11, to be exact.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 28, 2011 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
You will get your wish soon enough, man. We keep running Gore into immovable objects, he will get his annual, season injury.

Gore just can't hit the hole fast enough, Hunter can.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
How does hunter look better? His ypc is 2.9 Gore has a 2.7 ypc. Its a mix of a s**t OL and predictable play calling. Smith hasnt looked bad and none of our RBs have had holes to run thru against a stacked box. Mains reason the s**t OL youre defending and Harbaughs using Sings plan to run repeatedly against 8-9 guys in the box.

...and already got a touchdown!

Gore on the other hand has 1 fumble.
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Lol right. Or a in the closet fan for k.hunter

"In the closet hunter fan". Nothing secretive about my support for hunter. Is that supposed to be a shot at me? This coming from a guy supporting the Joke of the NFL that everybody who is not blind can see is not very good.

Can u point out my support for alex in this thred or do u need your eyes checked?
It is ALL about the offensive line. They cant run block or pass block. How that can happen when you have 3 first rounders on the unit is beyond me but they are the MAIN reason the offense is dead last in the league.
Your sarcastic responses gives you away.

Can u point out my support for alex in this thred or do u need your eyes checked?
[ Edited by Uppercut on Sep 28, 2011 at 1:04 PM ]
Originally posted by mufasa76:

Originally posted by zillabeast:
When it comes to Alex....I agree. There is a hell of a lot that a quarterback with his mobility could be doing to help those guys out. Standing there after a two step drop and hopping like a bunny while panicking after missing his first read is a quick way to earn a box of condoms.

As for the run blocking though....I just don't know, man. They have been off. I will put a lot of that on Gore as well, but something about this scheme is not clicking yet. Hopefully Kendall's bravado will be enough to overcome it.
you have a very good point and i think Hunter's style suits this line better-now if we can get an upgrade at play calling to use "snooki's" strengths better we will be doing fine....My point is, if all the line can give Alex is a couple of seconds why not spread the offense a bit? shot gun? just think out loud here....

I think Alex does great out of the 'gun. That's where he has always been his most aggressive and most productive. It's what he was used to high school, it's what he was used to in College. Not what Jimmy Jim wants to do though. Not what Singletary wanted to do. They want to pound it with Gore. Gore needs help from the pass though. Something has gotta give.
the irony of all of this is that Alex Smith is actually our best RB right now.

Originally posted by Furlow:
I don't understand why anyone is talking negatively about Hunter. 9 carries is too small a sample size to talk about his yards per carry. When he's at 30-40 carries, lets' talk. For now, use your eyes. Hunter is much more explosive than Gore and runs harder. A lot more versatility as well. He needs to be getting 15 touches a game minimum

This is what I'm saying but when you're an Alex obsessed weirdo, you do anything you can to prove a point.
You are proving that point well, you shouldn't obsess over him, it is not healthy for you.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
oh, i agree 100%. Its just that you made a typo and called him a "lead food QB" and so I tried to make a joke about Wes Welker swallowing Brady's lead tainted semen.

i should have used "valrod" instead of "Welker" though, then it would have been more obvious that I was talking about sucking Brady's dick.

Gore just can't hit the hole fast enough, Hunter can.

What holes are you referring to?
Your sarcastic responses gives you away.

No your dumb thread gives you all kinds of credibility.
seriously what games have u been watching? N why cldnt this be poated in the alex smith thread since thats where we going with this
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
What holes are you referring to?

I"m a Gore fan, but he couldn't' have scored that TD hunter did. At least not in his current injured state or whatever is wrong with him.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
It is ALL about the offensive line. They cant run block or pass block. How that can happen when you have 3 first rounders on the unit is beyond me but they are the MAIN reason the offense is dead last in the league.

WINNER.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 28, 2011 at 1:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone