LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Stop Putting All The Blame On The O Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wait aint this the same dude that loves the Rams QB? They're 0-3 aren't they? Imagine that!
The line sucks. It's that simple.
When it comes to Alex....I agree. There is a hell of a lot that a quarterback with his mobility could be doing to help those guys out. Standing there after a two step drop and hopping like a bunny while panicking after missing his first read is a quick way to earn a box of condoms.

As for the run blocking though....I just don't know, man. They have been off. I will put a lot of that on Gore as well, but something about this scheme is not clicking yet. Hopefully Kendall's bravado will be enough to overcome it.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Kendall Hunter looks better than Gore right now. Has the O line Changed? No, Gore is hurt and might be losing a step.

Now imagine a more aware QB with more talent than Smith. The O line won't look so bad. Yet all I hear is this O line suck and no other QB could perform behind this line. Well if that's the case no other RB could run behind this line. Oh wait..

Let me start by saying that I I'm not an Alex Smith dck sucker by any stretch of the imagination, so with that said; what fckin games/ and team for that matter, have you been watching?! Ok, let's put all world, lead food Brady back there and see how he does with 3 to 4 sec max time to throw. And I won't even start with the one foot holes our line's been opening up. At this point, Barry Sanders is probably the only RB who could run behind this line.

Someone who knows what he is talking about.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Kendall Hunter looks better than Gore right now. Has the O line Changed? No, Gore is hurt and might be losing a step.

Now imagine a more aware QB with more talent than Smith. The O line won't look so bad. Yet all I hear is this O line suck and no other QB could perform behind this line. Well if that's the case no other RB could run behind this line. Oh wait..

Let me start by saying that I I'm not an Alex Smith dck sucker by any stretch of the imagination, so with that said; what fckin games/ and team for that matter, have you been watching?! Ok, let's put all world, lead food Brady back there and see how he does with 3 to 4 sec max time to throw. And I won't even start with the one foot holes our line's been opening up. At this point, Barry Sanders is probably the only RB who could run behind this line.

Someone who knows what he is talking about.

someone better call the FDA and tell them to warn Welker of the dangers of ingesting lead.

Barry sanders would just run around the line. The only time we've gotten any rushing yards is on outside runs.
Nice excuses. He hasn't had very many carries but you can see the difference when he's in there. Let him play a whole game and look at the numbers. All the calls for Hunter, but when any mention of Smith all of a sudden oh his YPC sucks. LOL what a bunch of Hypocrites.
Last I checked, Kendall Hunter is averaging 2.7 yards per carry and our team has allowed the 4th worst amount of sacks in the league.

Not sure if you saw three unblocked defenders surrounding Smith in a perfect triangle instantaneously against the Bengals Sunday, twice. As another poster said, "Your nameplate could say Jesus Christ and you wouldn't be able to do anything with that."

Do you dispute that our OL is heavily to blame? With a QB that isn't good, a terrible OL sure isn't going to help this offense. A good OL can make a good QB look even more amazing, but it can also mask the deficiencies of an average one. A bad OL can make a good QB look terrible. Examples?

Jay Cutler - sacked the most in the NFL this year. 858 yards (54.4%), 5 TD, 3 INT, 1 Fumb. Lost and 82.4 rating. 1-2 record.
Matt Ryan - sacked the 2nd most in the NFL this year. 844 yards (60.7%), 5 TD, 4 INT, 3 Fumb. Lost and 81.5 rating. 1-2 record.

Jason Campbell - sacked the least in the NFL this year. 584 yards (65.9%), 3 TD, 1 INT and 93.8 rating. 2-1 record.
Colt McCoy - sacked the 2nd least in the NFL this year. 634 yards (54.1%), 5 TD, 2 INT and 78.4 rating. 2-1 record.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 28, 2011 at 12:54 PM ]
Nice excuses. He hasn't had very many carries but you can see the difference when he's in there. Let him play a whole game and look at the numbers. All the calls for Hunter, but when any mention of Smith all of a sudden oh his YPC sucks. LOL what a bunch of Hypocrites.

How's your favorite QB doing in St. Louis?

you are right, looking at actual numbers is less reasonable than imaging possible outcomes.

Originally posted by gamechanger:
Wait aint this the same dude that loves the Rams QB? They're 0-3 aren't they? Imagine that!

Wrong, I said he's better than Smith. He is better than Smith and so Is Cam Newton. I don't care what the record reflects. They are better.
I do think Gore is having issues running period, but the OL has been horrendous! It's like having multiple Kwame Harris'. Don't you remember when it was rare that our QB would get sacked or pressured. Usually there was one guy f**king up, now everyone f**ks up multiple times a game.
A not so cleverly disguised I hate Alex thread . . . again.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
After reading your post and taking into concideration the points you made. I am forced to think back on when I watched each game. I would still have to go with the Oline is playing like crap. Sorry you cant hide from the truth no matter how you explain your points.
[ Edited by MarkD on Sep 28, 2011 at 12:54 PM ]
LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!....................oh wait

Did joe staley start thid thread or what
Share 49ersWebzone