LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Stop Putting All The Blame On The O Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Furlow:
I don't understand why anyone is talking negatively about Hunter. 9 carries is too small a sample size to talk about his yards per carry. When he's at 30-40 carries, lets' talk. For now, use your eyes. Hunter is much more explosive than Gore and runs harder. A lot more versatility as well. He needs to be getting 15 touches a game minimum

This is what I'm saying but when you're an Alex obsessed weirdo, you do anything you can to prove a point.
The oline is playing bad. There is no doubt about that. They aren't throwing the ball down the field so teams will contine to play for the run. Smith can barely get his reads even with 8 or 9 guys in the box. The playcalling is better but still reaks of Raye/Singletary. I don't care how weak Smith's arm is. They need to have him chuck a few throws down field at least 3 times a game. Worst case scenario is it gets picked which is better than punting most series. Best case scenario is obviously a completion for a TD. A good number of these deep throws end up with pass interference called. Regardless, the opposing defense will have to think twice before playing the run every down.

Thats all.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Smith will be the QB on this team (period)

for about 4 more games
Originally posted by HessianDud:
someone better call the FDA and tell them to warn Welker of the dangers of ingesting lead.

Don't get me wrong, Brady is a top QB in the NFL. However, mobile, he is not and he would get killed behind this line and no amount of crying to the refs would save him. If it wasn't for Smith's, seldom used athletic ability, he would be sacked even more than he has already. JMO.

Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Wait aint this the same dude that loves the Rams QB? They're 0-3 aren't they? Imagine that!

Wrong, I said he's better than Smith. He is better than Smith and so Is Cam Newton. I don't care what the record reflects. They are better.

But but but, if they're so good they should be able to carry their teams to victory right? What's their excuse?
Originally posted by Aacadena:
LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!....................oh wait

Did joe staley start thid thread or what

Looking at the emotional responses this applies to all those having a tantrum over the Golden Boy who's never won anything.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
A not so cleverly disguised I hate Alex thread . . . again.

Lol right. Or a in the closet fan for k.hunter
  • mod
  • Veteran
lol, as if kendall hunter has looked a lot better than gore haha
Found this article which seemed to be related to this topic-

Which NFL Quarterbacks Hold The Ball Too Long?
Sep 23, 2009 – 9:10 AM

JJ Cooper BloggerTitle

During many NFL games, and pretty much any Ben Roethlisberger game, you will hear about how many sacks aren't the fault of the offensive line as much as the fault of a quarterback who holds onto the ball for too long.

That's undoubtedly true, but it's also something that is rarely studied. So to get a better idea this year as part of the weekly looks at line play, I'm logging the time the quarterback had for every sack. The time is measured from the snap to the point where the quarterback is first hit (even if the quarterback shrugs off the first hit, it's fair to say that the play has broken down at that point). In general, the average sack occurs around 2.7 to 2.8 seconds after the snap of the ball. Consider that the internal clock a quarterback must have--while the timing can depend somewhat on whether it's a four-man rush or an all-out blitz, in general if a quarterback holds the ball for more than three seconds, he's in trouble. If he gets rid of it in less than 2.5 seconds, he will rarely find himself on his back.

Read the reast of the article here- http://www.aolnews.com/2009/09/23/which-quarterbacks-hold-the-ball-too-long/
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Sep 28, 2011 at 12:57 PM ]
When our line gets the zone blicking scheme down then we can look for other areas to point fingers! They will get it but have struggled at times this yr.In the d it is a team effort! And it all starts in the trenchs.

Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
someone better call the FDA and tell them to warn Welker of the dangers of ingesting lead.

Don't get me wrong, Brady is a top QB in the NFL. However, mobile, he is not and he would get killed behind this line and no amount of crying to the refs would save him. If it wasn't for Smith's, seldom used athletic ability, he would be sacked even more than he has already. JMO.

oh, i agree 100%. Its just that you made a typo and called him a "lead food QB" and so I tried to make a joke about Wes Welker swallowing Brady's lead tainted semen.

i should have used "valrod" instead of "Welker" though, then it would have been more obvious that I was talking about sucking Brady's dick.
LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!....................oh wait

Did joe staley start thid thread or what

Looking at the emotional responses this applies to all those having a tantrum over the Golden Boy who's never won anything.

Who said anything about oscar delahoya. Hahahaha
this is just an indirect thread of hating on alex
Kendall Hunter looks better than Gore right now. Has the O line Changed? No, Gore is hurt and might be losing a step.

Now imagine a more aware QB with more talent than Smith. The O line won't look so bad. Yet all I hear is this O line suck and no other QB could perform behind this line. Well if that's the case no other RB could run behind this line. Oh wait..

How does hunter look better? His ypc is 2.9 Gore has a 2.7 ypc. Its a mix of a s**t OL and predictable play calling. Smith hasnt looked bad and none of our RBs have had holes to run thru against a stacked box. Mains reason the s**t OL youre defending and Harbaughs using Sings plan to run repeatedly against 8-9 guys in the box.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
When it comes to Alex....I agree. There is a hell of a lot that a quarterback with his mobility could be doing to help those guys out. Standing there after a two step drop and hopping like a bunny while panicking after missing his first read is a quick way to earn a box of condoms.

As for the run blocking though....I just don't know, man. They have been off. I will put a lot of that on Gore as well, but something about this scheme is not clicking yet. Hopefully Kendall's bravado will be enough to overcome it.

Originally posted by zillabeast:
When it comes to Alex....I agree. There is a hell of a lot that a quarterback with his mobility could be doing to help those guys out. Standing there after a two step drop and hopping like a bunny while panicking after missing his first read is a quick way to earn a box of condoms.

As for the run blocking though....I just don't know, man. They have been off. I will put a lot of that on Gore as well, but something about this scheme is not clicking yet. Hopefully Kendall's bravado will be enough to overcome it.
you have a very good point and i think Hunter's style suits this line better-now if we can get an upgrade at play calling to use "snooki's" strengths better we will be doing fine....My point is, if all the line can give Alex is a couple of seconds why not spread the offense a bit? shot gun? just think out loud here....
[ Edited by mufasa76 on Sep 28, 2011 at 1:00 PM ]
Lol right. Or a in the closet fan for k.hunter

"In the closet hunter fan". Nothing secretive about my support for hunter. Is that supposed to be a shot at me? This coming from a guy supporting the Joke of the NFL that everybody who is not blind can see is not very good.
Share 49ersWebzone