There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

!!!!!! VIDEO OF ALL NEW ORLEANS OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE DRIVES UP !!!!!!

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
They need to let Smith audible for the very same reason that make him struggle. Smith's the kind of QB that succeeds when HE is in CONTROL of what's going on. Obviously allowing him to audible to something he feels comfortable doing or whatever he sees is way better than confining him to a particular play "no matter what." That probably caused a hell of a lot of frustration in past years. Smith's not the greatest QB but he's definitely smart...so why not use that to our advantage.

No doubt about it and even the most hated Smith "fans" will agree with you on this point. Perhaps we should have one of the Matt's ask this very question of Harbaugh/Roman. If you're going to let the defense dictate the play, take advantage of it with the passing game and weapons we have. And then start watching the running game open up for Gore/Hunter. This is not a hard concept esp. for an intelligent, 7 year vet with the playbook on his wrist to refer to.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 28, 2011 at 10:50 AM ]
Just curious: that little hand off/shovel to Gore while Smith was getting sacked....how come that didn't count? Smith was still technically on his feet? The ref just blew the whistle....?
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Just curious: that little hand off/shovel to Gore while Smith was getting sacked....how come that didn't count? Smith was still technically on his feet? The ref just blew the whistle....?

I noticed that too...could have gone for a big gain too!

Or like that VD catch where he was two yards past the first down marker, driven back, spun around, hit again by another defender, fumbled (with his knee down) and we recovered one yard short of the first down. They let that play on? No review? Didn't mark his initial forward progress? Injuries happen this way...
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 28, 2011 at 10:54 AM ]
Going to start on the defense in a few moments. Gotta get my grub on first.

I should have time to do the other games. Shouldn't be a problem at all besides the Dallas game. I'm on a little netbook so when I download games, they're usually in a HD format that doesn't work on here. I have to convert it to a type that works and then I can then use that file to edit into the youtube clips. This crappy thing usually takes about 8 - 9 hours to do the first conversion from HD to something I can use on here. Well I did it for the Dallas game, but it doesn't have sound for some reason.

So basically, i'll do the defense in a little bit and then i'll start the conversion process for the Dallas game. Probably try to get the Seattle game offense/defense done while that's going. Really not sure when i'll be able to get those games up, but it should be before Saturday.
Still don't see how anyone could think Smith played a bad game. He didn't play great but he played better than good. The ball spread he is working on now in throwing the first guy he sees open no matter where he is will eventually spread defenses horizontally and eventually open up the 20 yard routes. Jim Harbaugh has not been shy at all at exposing what the defense gives us.
Originally posted by Whomeam:

I should have time to do the other games. Shouldn't be a problem at all besides the Dallas game. I'm on a little netbook so when I download games, they're usually in a HD format that doesn't work on here. I have to convert it to a type that works and then I can then use that file to edit into the youtube clips. This crappy thing usually takes about 8 - 9 hours to do the first conversion from HD to something I can use on here. Well I did it for the Dallas game, but it doesn't have sound for some reason.

So basically, i'll do the defense in a little bit and then i'll start the conversion process for the Dallas game. Probably try to get the Seattle game offense/defense done while that's going. Really not sure when i'll be able to get those games up, but it should be before Saturday.

That is timely so again, we all VERY much appreciate it. It really helps the fans all be on the same page!
The words "check down" is a constant theme throughout the entire video.
Originally posted by NCommand:

That is timely so again, we all VERY much appreciate it. It really helps the fans all be on the same page!

It's really no problem at all. I enjoy doing it and like having these kind of videos available. I'm glad you guys like them so far though.
Originally posted by susweel:

How often did he throw to the RB? If he's checking "down" to the 2nd receiver or TE, that's fine.

Man do I hate the way VD runs after the catch.
Originally posted by Joecool:

How often did he throw to the RB? If he's checking "down" to the 2nd receiver or TE, that's fine.

He's such a big guy, I don't understand why he doesn't try to plow through people. He's getting stopped by guys half his size. also, i've noticed him go down very easily at times.
[ Edited by Whomeam on Sep 28, 2011 at 11:37 AM ]

He's such a big guy, I don't understand why he doesn't try to plow through people. He's getting stopepd by guys half his size. also, i've noticed him go down very easily at times.

Because he thinks he's Barry Sanders.

He's such a big guy, I don't understand why he doesn't try to plow through people. He's getting stopepd by guys half his size. also, i've noticed him go down very easily at times.

It's freaking annoying. He compromises all his speed. If he would just run full speed upfield rather than look and slow down. He lets players wrap him while he's standing upright which allows them to hold him up for more punishing or knee twisting tackles.

It's freaking annoying. He compromises all his speed. If he would just run full speed upfield rather than look and slow down. He lets players wrap him while he's standing upright which allows them to hold him up for more punishing or knee twisting tackles.

he's scared he's gonna fumble.
the biggest thing i've taken away from putting these videos together: Really wish Mora would shut up.
the biggest thing i've taken away from putting these videos together: Really wish Mora would shut up.

LMAO!!!! Hilarious...maybe the edit w/o sound is best overall? Haha
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 28, 2011 at 12:02 PM ]