There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NaVorro Bowman appreciation thread

  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 70,371
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! DIDN'T YOU SEE BOWMAN GET STIFF ARMED BY LYNCH! THAT WOULD NEVER! EVER HAPPEN TO WILLIS! BOWMAN MISSES TACKLES ALL THE TIME OR GETS DRAGGED FOR 5 YARDS!

He had something in his eye on that play. It's been confirmed by Adam Schefter.

I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu what Adam Sandler says. I played MLB in pop warner football and probably know more about the position than anyone on this board.

but i'm a graphic designer so i know all about tackling a project. i deal with kind of stuff all of the time. Willis is on the decline.
[ Edited by boast on Sep 27, 2011 at 9:47 AM ]
  • Otter
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,936
Originally posted by valrod33:
I recall Felix Jones murdering Willis on a play in the cowboys game

Originally posted by valrod33:
Browns-W Hillis gets smashed by Patrick Willis Ravens-W The game Ray Lewis officially passes the torch to Patrick WIllis 12-4 NFC WEST CHAMPS PATRICK WILLIS IS ON A MISSION, HE IS TIRED OF LOSING QUARTERBACKS WILL PAY AND THEY WILL BLEED THEIR OWN BLOOD KILL THEM MOTHERf**kERS, PATRICK WILLIS


Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! DIDN'T YOU SEE BOWMAN GET STIFF ARMED BY LYNCH! THAT WOULD NEVER! EVER HAPPEN TO WILLIS! BOWMAN MISSES TACKLES ALL THE TIME OR GETS DRAGGED FOR 5 YARDS!

He had something in his eye on that play. It's been confirmed by Adam Schefter.

I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu what Adam Sandler says. I played MLB in pop warner football and probably know more about the position than anyone on this board.

but i'm a graphic designer so i know all about tackling a project. i deal with kind of stuff all of the time. Willis is on the decline.

K, I actually found that one pretty funny. The small hands, and eye ones were "ehh" but this one got a chuckle out of me. I'm going to breakfast, hopefully Willis is still here when I get back.
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I recall Felix Jones murdering Willis on a play in the cowboys game

Originally posted by valrod33:
Browns-W Hillis gets smashed by Patrick Willis Ravens-W The game Ray Lewis officially passes the torch to Patrick WIllis 12-4 NFC WEST CHAMPS PATRICK WILLIS IS ON A MISSION, HE IS TIRED OF LOSING QUARTERBACKS WILL PAY AND THEY WILL BLEED THEIR OWN BLOOD KILL THEM MOTHERf**kERS, PATRICK WILLIS


wow, you used your mod powers to attach my name to a post that isnt mine. Childish move. Just because you may not agree that Bowman is better than Wills(Even if stats say otherwise) you dont need to stoop to that level
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by verb1der:
C'mon man, there is an explanation. Bowman is smaller, more shifty LB that Willis, I believe this is the reason why Bowman is more successful than Willis at blitzing and from what I've noticed, Fangio sends him to stuff the line, while Willis roams the middle of the field (because he is still the very best at that). They are using these players strengths.

Takeo Spikes is not faster than Bowman, therefore Willis had more responsibilities to make up for. This year, Bowman gives us a lot more range at the TED position, allowing Willis to sit back a little more, hence the decline in tackles.

happy?

This tells me that Fangio believes that Willis has lost a step and he wants him to "roam." Great MLB's don't roam. They make plays. See Bowman.

this

Originally posted by valrod33:
wow, you used your mod powers to attach my name to a post that isnt mine. Childish move. Just because you may not agree that Bowman is better than Wills(Even if stats say otherwise) you dont need to stoop to that level

Oh God... not the stats..

Willis is a better as shown by the constant double and triple teams.

Bowman however is a stud and is taking advantage. This was the main reason I was happy with Spike leaving, while he was great in the locker room, he is limited in his range and could not always take advantage of teams scheming against Willis. Now WIllis has almost turned into the TED linebacker by default because all the guards are gunning for him and Bowman has the speed and athleticism to clean up.

Extend Rogers, and see if Goldson will accept a more reasonable extension then his initial asking price... hopefully a top DB falls into our laps in the first round of the draft and extend Spencer if it can be reasonable... the defense is set for years. Cant wait to see what this front 7 can do with a potential secondary of Rogers, Goldson, Whitner, Spencer, Culliver & BPA @ CB or S in rd 1.
lol. niner talk to a T. why can't some of you accept that we now have two STUD ILB's.

"Bowman's stepping up....um.... that means Willis sucks!!!! LOL"
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,062
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
lol. niner talk to a T. why can't some of you accept that we now have two STUD ILB's.

"Bowman's stepping up....um.... that means Willis sucks!!!! LOL"

stats dont lie this year. Bowman is clearly better than Willis who is on the decline.
knowing how the wolves are on here..... i hope i'm just missing something reading back on this thread...... HOPE. LOL.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
lol. niner talk to a T. why can't some of you accept that we now have two STUD ILB's.

"Bowman's stepping up....um.... that means Willis sucks!!!! LOL"

stats dont lie this year. Bowman is clearly better than Willis who is on the decline.

Willis plays worse when he has the green dot on his helmet, dude might have some ADD, just take the radio out of his helmet and let him play.
Did not mean to turn this into a Patrick Willis vs NaVorro Bowman debate thread. Let's be happy we have two outstanding LB's on our team.
Originally posted by Amir:
stats dont lie this year. Bowman is clearly better than Willis who is on the decline.

through 3 games? Willis had a heck of a game vs Cincinnati and he was pretty dam good against Dallas. I think Fangio is using him a little more in pass coverage to help with the weak secondary so he is not showing up in the stat sheet like he use to.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,062
We're three weeks into the 2011 season, and 49ers new starting inside linebacker NaVorro Bowman is still pulling his weight. The second year man has really established a feel for this defense and looks comfortable in his new role as a starter. At the moment, Bowman leads the 49ers in total tackles with 30, good enough for third in the NFL.

All-Pro linebacker Patrick Willis is roughly a games worth of tackles behind Bowman with 22 on the season. Bowman has been a constant force against opponents when they are trying to move the ball on the ground. He continues to display his knack for run-stopping, which is paramount for all great linebackers.
espn_nfcwest Mike Sando, ESPN.com
Good talk with @WilliamsonNFL today. He loves what he sees from 49ers' NaVorro Bowman. Calls Bowman improbable upgrade from Takeo Spikes.
Originally posted by valrod33:
espn_nfcwest Mike Sando, ESPN.com
Good talk with @WilliamsonNFL today. He loves what he sees from 49ers' NaVorro Bowman. Calls Bowman improbable upgrade from Takeo Spikes.

Improbable... wtf?

Spikes year last year was highly overated an a statistical abnormality. Like him as a player but come on media, just cause a guy is fun to talk to on camera doesnt make him a baller. Watch the tape of Spikes and you'll see 2 "gimme" interceptions along with allot of other "gimmes" that fell into his lap. The one area for concern was taking on blockers but Bowman is better than too.

It's amazing how good LB's can look playing next to Willis. Spikes showed it last year with his limited athleticism, and Bowman is taking candy from babies this year with the opportunity and his athleticism.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home