There are 255 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by Amir:
I still can't believe you guys want to trade Patrick Willis! I mean the guy has been our bread and butter on defense the last 4 years and suddenly he is trash? Lost a step? I mean 147 tackles last year, 9 sacks, 2 interceptions? Not too shabby.

Keyword: The last 4 years. Bowman is the new bread and butter of the defense. He's on pace to outdo Willis and his tiny hands.

Tiny Hands?

The league figured out that cuz of Willis' tiny hands, its harder for him to get off the blocks.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cNiner:
you @###$$%% willis his stats droped and Bowman is better cuz other teams plan for patrik not bowman !

chill out dude. No need to get mad. This is a discussion board. You like willis better but you and that guy Syberkriminal (what kinda name is that?) are obviously wrong. look at the stats this year.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! DIDN'T YOU SEE BOWMAN GET STIFF ARMED BY LYNCH! THAT WOULD NEVER! EVER HAPPEN TO WILLIS! BOWMAN MISSES TACKLES ALL THE TIME OR GETS DRAGGED FOR 5 YARDS!

He had something in his eye on that play. It's been confirmed by Adam Schefter.
  • Jiks
I still can't believe you guys want to trade Patrick Willis! I mean the guy has been our bread and butter on defense the last 4 years and suddenly he is trash? Lost a step? I mean 147 tackles last year, 9 sacks, 2 interceptions? Not too shabby.

Keyword: The last 4 years. Bowman is the new bread and butter of the defense. He's on pace to outdo Willis and his tiny hands.

Tiny Hands?

The league figured out that cuz of Willis' tiny hands, its harder for him to get off the blocks.
Yeah but his speed and atleticism make up for his 5 1/8 inch hands. I just think his lack of production is due to his new role as a Mike linebacker.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Yeah but his speed and atleticism make up for his 5 1/8 inch hands. I just think his lack of production is due to his new role as a Mike linebacker.

It used too. It's clear he's not the same athletic LB anymore.
WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! DIDN'T YOU SEE BOWMAN GET STIFF ARMED BY LYNCH! THAT WOULD NEVER! EVER HAPPEN TO WILLIS! BOWMAN MISSES TACKLES ALL THE TIME OR GETS DRAGGED FOR 5 YARDS!

I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu what Adam Sandler says. I played MLB in pop warner football and probably know more about the position than anyone on this board.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu what Adam Sandler says. I played MLB in pop warner football and probably know more about the position than anyone on this board.

Then you should know how hard it is for a MLB to tackle when he has something in his eyes. sheesh.
  • Jiks

It used too. It's clear he's not the same athletic LB anymore.

They should move him to LT then with his streghth and conditioning. I could see him fit well in that role. And about the eye, he needs to wear a visor.

Then you should know how hard it is for a MLB to tackle when he has something in his eyes. sheesh.
that's why patrick willis wears an eye shield. stupid bowman.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

You two.

What was all of that one in a million talk?

[ Edited by Otter on Sep 27, 2011 at 9:43 AM ]

Originally posted by valrod33:
they make a great duo.

Willis is by far the superior tackler though.

Oh God, you obviously don't look at stats.
Or know anything about football

I recall Felix Jones murdering Willis on a play in the cowboys game
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
this. we should trade Willis before he starts losing more value.

Really? I'm so glad youre not our GM.

Why not?? Bowman in three games has proven to be better than Willis. Bowman is our future, not Willis.
Its obvious, people need to take off their Homer glasses

He's made the probowl every year since he's been in the league. He's regarded as the best MLB by, not only NFL analysts, but NFL players and you think i'm a homer?
Patrick Willis is good as his track record indicates im just saying that he lost a step and isnt even the best LB on this team anymore. Bowman is clearly play like the old Patrick Willis. Why not explore a trade for Willis now that his value is still very high?

you @###$$%% willis his stats droped and Bowman is better cuz other teams plan for patrik not bowman !
WILLISEXCUSES
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 27, 2011 at 9:44 AM ]
LOL, Baalke would never trade Willis in the first place. And if we ever do trade him, I'm pretty sure everyone would be f****n pissed. I love the sarcasm though, you guys are hella funny. IMO he's our best player in the team and the leader of the defense. Navarro has been quite a surprise, it'll be scary to have 2 probowl ILBs.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Otter:
You two.

What was all of that one in a million talk?

I don't understand your question Mr. Otter. Can you please clarify?

Willis wouldnt have even hung on because of his tiny hands.
Share 49ersWebzone