LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Had to do this! Through 3 games, Bowman is leading the team in tackles. I did not think that was possible (to lead a team in tackles that has Patrick Willis on it's defense). Willis is a stud, we know that. Bowman is not that far behind. Man this kid can play. He is a force vs the run. Very solid in pass coverage and he has shown he can rush the passer coming up the middle on a blitz or from the outside where he has some pass rush moves. This kid is playing at pro bowl level.

We are in great shape at ILB for the next 5+ years with Willis and Bowman. What a great duo!
IMO, we have 5 guys on the defense playing at pro bowl level right now... Willis, Bowman, Justin Smith, Ray Mac and Carlos Rogers. If Goldson and Spencer can stay healthy and Aldon Smith can develop on the fly this season. Our defense could get us to 8-8 and the division title.
This guy sucks. He's making Patrick Willis look ordinary....

Funny, cause I remember reading an article in the "webzone exclusives" recently saying Baalke was stupid for letting Spikes walk..
I think it's REALLY rare that both of your ILBs are FASTER than your OLBs.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I think it's REALLY rare that both of your ILBs are FASTER than your OLBs.

Our starting OLB's, yes. Once Aldon Smith gets settled and is a full time starter, we will have some nasty speed coming out of our LB core.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
This guy sucks. He's making Patrick Willis look ordinary....

LOL
Originally posted by Common:
Funny, cause I remember reading an article in the "webzone exclusives" recently saying Baalke was stupid for letting Spikes walk..

Yeah I was a little worried to but clearly Bowman has been a huge upgrade over Spikes who was pretty dam solid.

Also, hitting on Bowman in the 3rd rd makes up (a little bit) for missing on Taylor Mays in the 2nd rd.
dude has been sick! is it me or is he even playing better than pat willis???
I remember a time when we drafted him, that you (Jira) said he was such a bad fit that the draft was tanked. LOL I remember telling you he is TKOs replacement and he would be perfect.

Anyways....BOWMAN FTW!

Originally posted by Common:

Yeah, because of locker chemistry and leadership. A bit overrated when there are younger, better talent coming in.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
gotta give bowman credit. dude's having a great year thus far.
Bowman is really playing well.
Way better than Patrick Willis
Share 49ersWebzone