There are 151 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
Exactly. This is just like the "Trade Vernon Davis" thread.

That thread is just stupid. Vernon is clearly the best TE on our team. Willis is no longer the best MLB on our team. huge difference.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by boast:
Bowman will be an All Pro. Willis is just playing like a game manager. he's been dropping off lil by lil ever since he broke his hand a few years back.

maybe Fangio doesn't trust him?

Yup. If Willis doesn't get 10+ tackles a game, then he's playing bad. Plus, I heard that Willis' hand are small compared to other MLB's. That's probably why he's having a hard time getting off his blocks. Bowman has some of the biggest hands in the league. justsayin.

LOL! Now that's good stuff. Im sold now...Trade him now!
  • Jiks
where's Ahmad Brooks appreciation thread?
Originally posted by KD49ers:
dude has been sick! is it me or is he even playing better than pat willis???

Uh no. Patrick Willis is a known commodity that teams game plan around and away from. Bowman is still a bit of a surprise. Look when Smith is at full speed teams will have to account for all three in addition to JS and RayMac. After the bye this defense is going to be pretty baddass.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

what? the stats don't lie. go to ESPN and check the LBR rating leaders. proof is in the pudding.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

what? the stats don't lie. go to ESPN and check the LBR rating leaders. proof is in the pudding.

Exactly. We're entitled to our opinions and we're backing it with stats.
Now how in the world did a "Bowman appreciation thread" turn into a Willis sucks thread?!

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by verb1der:
Now how in the world did a "Bowman appreciation thread" turn into a Willis sucks thread?!

I'm in here to appreciate all the great things Bowman does for us. Willis doesn't suck. He's just gotten old and doesn't hit the holes as quickly.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

every thread turns into a Patrick Willis thread, eventually.

I'm in here to appreciate all the great things Bowman does for us. Willis doesn't suck. He's just gotten old and doesn't hit the holes as quickly.

Willis has very small hands...
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:

Willis has very small hands...

Yup, I mentioned that.

Yup. If Willis doesn't get 10+ tackles a game, then he's playing bad. Plus, I heard that Willis' hand are small compared to other MLB's. That's probably why he's having a hard time getting off his blocks. Bowman has some of the biggest hands in the league. justsayin.

C'mon man, there is an explanation. Bowman is smaller, more shifty LB that Willis, I believe this is the reason why Bowman is more successful than Willis at blitzing and from what I've noticed, Fangio sends him to stuff the line, while Willis roams the middle of the field (because he is still the very best at that). They are using these players strengths.

Takeo Spikes is not faster than Bowman, therefore Willis had more responsibilities to make up for. This year, Bowman gives us a lot more range at the TED position, allowing Willis to sit back a little more, hence the decline in tackles.

happy?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
C'mon man, there is an explanation. Bowman is smaller, more shifty LB that Willis, I believe this is the reason why Bowman is more successful than Willis at blitzing and from what I've noticed, Fangio sends him to stuff the line, while Willis roams the middle of the field (because he is still the very best at that). They are using these players strengths.

Takeo Spikes is not faster than Bowman, therefore Willis had more responsibilities to make up for. This year, Bowman gives us a lot more range at the TED position, allowing Willis to sit back a little more, hence the decline in tackles.

happy?

This tells me that Fangio believes that Willis has lost a step and he wants him to "roam." Great MLB's don't roam. They make plays. See Bowman.

happy?

This tells me that Fangio believes that Willis has lost a step and he wants him to "roam." Great MLB's don't roam. They make plays. See Bowman.

this
Share 49ersWebzone