LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Harbaugh Calls Smith "Game Manager"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
alex smith s attempts and pass yards have increased week by week at this rate week 17 well see something like 700 yards by him
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Eagles have a better pass D, Jets have a better run D.

Revis and Cromartie aren't slackers. Eagles have a better pass rush, but that's about it. I conceed though that Alex would have faired better than Flacco did today. His lows really aren't that bad.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
If This was harbaugh's usc/stanford game. Is alex smith just ptitchard?lol

Keep = luck?
one surprising stat

alex smith has as many passes completed for 20+ yards than aaron rodgers

and with much much fewer attempts

i cant wait till the offense is fully mastered and they let alex air it out (like he did in 2nd half)
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
one surprising stat

alex smith has as many passes completed for 20+ yards than aaron rodgers

and with much much fewer attempts

i cant wait till the offense is fully mastered and they let alex air it out (like he did in 2nd half)

really?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Eagles have a better pass D, Jets have a better run D.

Revis and Cromartie aren't slackers. Eagles have a better pass rush, but that's about it. I conceed though that Alex would have faired better than Flacco did today. His lows really aren't that bad.

Cincy is a much better D than people give credit, so the 9ers have played three above average Ds and won 2 of the games. The Eagles DBs haven't become a cohesive unit yet but when they do they will be a much better team. The 9ers game plan worked in the second half but was fouled by mistakes in the first.

The 9ers D is near the top in most categories though their DBs are not among the best. With Spencer and Goldson back they are decent. And the 9ers have a better turn over ratio than the Jets (both have six Ints).
Originally posted by backontop:
really?

Yup seriously both have 17
Originally posted by AlexSmithNWessonOil:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
At this point of the season, with Alex's history of failure, "Game Manager" is a vast improvement, over "Liability" I for one am pleased with Alex's progress, it will take time, but maybe JH can resurrect Alex's career. Will Alex ever be a top 5 QB, I have my doubts, but if he can make step to "Serviceable" this is a play off team. So fanboys and Smith lovers relax, and give it time, same to you haters!

Word.
I'd bet my jumblys that Smith will never be a top 5 QB. Maybe in Canada. But I haven't seen him LOSE a game for us yet this season (3 games in...I know) and if that stays the case then this team has a much better chance at the post-season. Smith will never hoist the Lombardi, but he might CAN get us a division title or two before he's replaced.

He took a big step forward this week, he when beyond serviceable, and looked competent! There may be setbacks along the way, but JH could just be the quarterback whisper! Keep it up Alex, everyone loves a winner!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Yup seriously both have 17

Originally posted by adembroski:

Or 12 saw it last night thought it was 17

Either way they have the same though

Share 49ersWebzone