THe Return!!!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by sacniner:
He is serviceable... we need the o line and run game badly.

He had one beautiful pass to Davis down the right side. The rest of the game he played very average, running up his passer rating with high efficiency checkdowns. I don't know what game everyone else watched. Our expectations have gone so low for this position that just not f****ing things up is considered a breakthrough game.

Even on that play he stared down Davis. Go back and watch Smiths head on EVERY throw. I use to think he was servicable, but he isn't. If you give ANY QB what you think Alex needs to be good, they would ALL be servicable.

P.S. Kaeperpick must really suck.
Um... not true at all. He goes through his reads on most plays. hat particular play it looked like Smith saw the matchup, and audibled to put VD 1 on 1 on the outside. He was going there the whole time, and anyone with football knowledge knows that. This BS about him starindown his targets needs to stop right now. IT simply isn't accurate at all. Just stop it, it is pathetic.

You mean like anyone that agrees with you? Give me a break. You probably watch the game on a computer with s**tty feed. You guys make me laugh. You find comfort in the fact that a few respected posters on the Zone think Alex is good. The problem is everybody outside of the Zone that knows more football than anyone on this forum thinks he sucks. So you can act like your in the know, but your really just a follower of the "in crowd." All the stats these guys post game after game are worthless, use your eyes and commen sense.

I never said anything about him being good. He has played respectably with a pared down gameplan this year so far. Beyond that I won't speculate about trust issues and all that crap. I do know that he isn't getting much help with the Run game and the OL has been bad. The D has been solid for the most part. I have the ticket but i think I could see his head moving on most of the plays even with a bad feed. Are you at the games? Do you have the game film or something? I didn't mention one thing about stats you freaking lightweight. PLEASE RESPOND TO WHAT I WROTE. I know what I am talking about, and all I was saying is that this "he doesn't go through his reads" BS is unfounded. Now, if you want to say that he doesn't go through his reads quickly enough, or gives up on them and goes to the checkdown too often, then maybe we can have a reasonable discussion. Man, the ignorance in your post is incredible, I have been posting here for 3 years saying the same basic things. You gave ZERO proof that what you said has any validity.

Hmmm. I'm not sure how to respond. In ever play of the first half of this game, his head clearly was pointing in the direction of the reciever he was throwing to from the moment he snaped the ball. If you want to say it wasn't, then there is nothing left for me to say. I watch the game on Comcast, using a DVR to record and have a high def 50 plus inch Samsung 3D LCD flat screen. It doesn't get much clearer than that.....

If he is checking down it is not possible that he is just staring at one receiver.. think about that for a few minutes.

Edit: 55 Inch HDTV.... Boom! Winner!
[ Edited by dtcomposer on Sep 25, 2011 at 2:42 PM ]
Smith is playing good football. One thing is for sure. Even if you think SMith is just managing the game. He is managing it better than he ever has in the past.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
THe Return!!!

This needs to be changed to Alex $mith! F the Phil Jinnings crap!
  • Jiks
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
THe Return!!!

This needs to be changed to Alex $mith! F the Phil Jinnings crap!

Just trying to lighten the mizood!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Alex Smith is a game manager. They don't ask him to do anything tough. We win by minimizing his impact on the game.

i disagree with this

jim harbaugh said at the begnning our playbook at first will not show all are cards but week by week it will open up more and more

week 1: 20 attemts 124 yards

week 2: 24 attempts 179 yards

week 3: 30 attmepts 201 yards ( a lot of drops and a robbed td as well couldve made it wasily 250 ayrds)

but the point is harbaugh is NOT treating him like a game manager he is just opening up the playbook more and more each week

If the intent was to impress anyone with those stats, then this was a miserable fail. Sorry, nothing personal.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Pretty easy to do when only get about 200 yards of total offense and your the qb.

Lmao at you Alex fanboys trying to build up an average to below average qb. He's game manager nothing more then that.

Alex smith starting + 49er win = you mad

Give credit where credit is due.. Gore has been non-existent.

I'm happy we won but this was a win by the defense not Smith.

Gore is done and I was one of the few against extending his contract.

Gonna have to disagree with you buddy. Take away that clutch 90-yard drive in the 4th quarter and we lose the game. Smith made a lot of great throws and great plays on that drive. The Niners played clock chewing football.

Guys and gals -- this is what 49er offenses did under Bill Walsh. You only seem to remember the big plays. Those did not happen all that often. Usually? It was the Niners on a clock-chewing drive that won the game.

Alex really, really, really surprised me on that drive. He looked cool, calm, in control and also looked like he was having fun.

It's was damn Montana-esque in my opinion.
Alex Smith is pure and total garbage. That is all.
If he is checking down it is not possible that he is just staring at one receiver.. think about that for a few minutes.

Edit: 55 Inch HDTV.... Boom! Winner!

Uh....it's looking downfield at one WR and if he doesn't get open in a few seconds its the check down to the closest RB......sorry, didn't mean to confuse you.
Alex Smith is a game manager. They don't ask him to do anything tough. We win by minimizing his impact on the game.

i disagree with this

jim harbaugh said at the begnning our playbook at first will not show all are cards but week by week it will open up more and more

week 3: 30 attmepts 201 yards ( a lot of drops and a robbed td as well couldve made it wasily 250 ayrds)

but the point is harbaugh is NOT treating him like a game manager he is just opening up the playbook more and more each week

If the intent was to impress anyone with those stats, then this was a miserable fail. Sorry, nothing personal.

you obviously completely missed the intent of that post. Not surprising.

i disagree with this

HATER!

no no...look at the progress of yards per game..you are such a negative Nancy.

week 4 400yrds
week 5 500yrds
week 6 600yrds
week 7 700yrds (yes even during a bye week, Alex is just that f'n good hater)
week 8 800yrds
week 9 900yrds
week 10 ONE F'N THOUSAND YARDS IN ONE GAME BRO!
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 25, 2011 at 2:48 PM ]
  • Jiks

i disagree with this

Actually I didn't specify but it was more or less the fact that Alex and VD (today) is the only one really doing anything on this offense and we are 2-1 due to that. You really can't deny that can you? I've said many many many times if we can balance that out 50/50 with the running game, that we could be a nice effiecient offense. Just think Alex going with these stats and adding on 80+ yards of rushing and maybe a score or two that helps in so many areas.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Pretty easy to do when only get about 200 yards of total offense and your the qb.

Lmao at you Alex fanboys trying to build up an average to below average qb. He's game manager nothing more then that.

Gonna have to disagree with you buddy. Take away that clutch 90-yard drive in the 4th quarter and we lose the game. Smith made a lot of great throws and great plays on that drive. The Niners played clock chewing football.

Guys and gals -- this is what 49er offenses did under Bill Walsh. You only seem to remember the big plays. Those did not happen all that often. Usually? It was the Niners on a clock-chewing drive that won the game.

Alex really, really, really surprised me on that drive. He looked cool, calm, in control and also looked like he was having fun.

I wouldn't go that far, but Smith is playing better than we've seen. Also, we have seen fairly steady improvement in this team, albeit slow. At this point, the non-existent run game is the biggest issue.

Originally posted by jreff22:

Share 49ersWebzone