LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Smitty, yay Smitty 1st half-2nd half stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Smith detractors are slipping into panic mode.

Lots of bruised egos if the team continues to win.
Originally posted by 49erFan:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by mac707g:
Boy have the standards been lowered for SF QBs. Alex Smith just has to not throw 3 INTs to be said to have had a good game.

More BS. 6

66% completions, zero turnovers, lead a game winning drive in the 4th quarter, made the 1 long throw where he actually had time to throw. All this despite 6 drops and 6 stupid penalties.

That's a lot better than "not having 3 INTs"...but I don't know why anyone bothers presenting facts in the face of your blind dislike.

I'm convinced that some of you guys don't now what a real NFL offense looks like.

Does it look like a Quarterback throwing for 387 yards, throwing four picks and losing the game?

Got Rings?

point being, madden-like stats every games doesnt always mean win. Brady has only really exploded for ridiculous stats the last 3 years or so. He also doesnt have any super bowls in those years.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Alex Smith is a game manager. They don't ask him to do anything tough. We win by minimizing his impact on the game.

i disagree with this

jim harbaugh said at the begnning our playbook at first will not show all are cards but week by week it will open up more and more

week 1: 20 attemts 124 yards

week 2: 24 attempts 179 yards

week 3: 30 attmepts 201 yards ( a lot of drops and a robbed td as well couldve made it wasily 250 ayrds)

but the point is harbaugh is NOT treating him like a game manager he is just opening up the playbook more and more each week

If the intent was to impress anyone with those stats, then this was a miserable fail. Sorry, nothing personal.
HATER!

no no...look at the progress of yards per game..you are such a negative Nancy.

week 4 400yrds
week 5 500yrds
week 6 600yrds
week 7 700yrds (yes even during a bye week, Alex is just that f'n good hater)
week 8 800yrds
week 9 900yrds
week 10 ONE F'N THOUSAND YARDS IN ONE GAME BRO!

LOL, it's basically like getting excited about improving grades from an F to a D, just because there is a positive trend.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
If he is checking down it is not possible that he is just staring at one receiver.. think about that for a few minutes.

Edit: 55 Inch HDTV.... Boom! Winner!

Uh....it's looking downfield at one WR and if he doesn't get open in a few seconds its the check down to the closest RB......sorry, didn't mean to confuse you.
Ah Ok Well I won't totally disagree with that then. It is hard to say without knowing who his reads are. I know that I saw him go through progressions looking at different parts of the field quite a few times today. I'm not going to say that he never stares down a receiver, but most QB's stare down receivers especially when they basically know what is going to happen because of a pre-snap read. Aaron Rodgers has done that a bunch in the first half of his game. Another factor is time before the rush is closing in. I see Smith check a side of the field, and then the pressure gets to him so he hits the safety valve. Regardless I'm not sure that you can know for sure without intimate knowledge of the scheme that the team is running.

Today in the first half I think Smith was just out of sync and missing some passes. He didn't get much help but his accuracy seemed off. The second half was better.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Alex Smith is pure and total garbage. That is all.

Alex Smith is a game manager. They don't ask him to do anything tough. We win by minimizing his impact on the game.

i disagree with this

jim harbaugh said at the begnning our playbook at first will not show all are cards but week by week it will open up more and more

week 3: 30 attmepts 201 yards ( a lot of drops and a robbed td as well couldve made it wasily 250 ayrds)

but the point is harbaugh is NOT treating him like a game manager he is just opening up the playbook more and more each week

If the intent was to impress anyone with those stats, then this was a miserable fail. Sorry, nothing personal.

Why do you guys even watch the games? Sounds like you are rooting so hard for Alex Smith to fail just to prove your point. Are you sure you are 49er fans?
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by mac707g:
Boy have the standards been lowered for SF QBs. Alex Smith just has to not throw 3 INTs to be said to have had a good game.

More BS. 6

66% completions, zero turnovers, lead a game winning drive in the 4th quarter, made the 1 long throw where he actually had time to throw. All this despite 6 drops and 6 stupid penalties.

That's a lot better than "not having 3 INTs"...but I don't know why anyone bothers presenting facts in the face of your blind dislike.

I'm convinced that some of you guys don't now what a real NFL offense looks like.

Does it look like a Quarterback throwing for 387 yards, throwing four picks and losing the game?

Got Rings?

point being, madden-like stats every games doesnt always mean win. Brady has only really exploded for ridiculous stats the last 3 years or so. He also doesnt have any super bowls in those years.

Seriously? I mean, really? You have *got* to be kidding me.

Dude, put the crack pipe down. Just put it down.
Give Smith credit for what he has done, but those not giving credit to the defense today, either didn't watch, or simply don't comprehend football. The fact that the offense went backwards from penalties, sacks, and runs for losses, more than forward most of the game makes it absolutley AMAZING that the offense still had a chance to win the game.

Until the end, we were watching two of the ugliest offenses in the NFL operate. It was that awful...

By the way, while Smith deserves his credit, so do a couple of other offensive players. Vernon Davis, and Kendall Hunter both stepped up for the team and made big plays.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dave1003:
Alex Smith is pure and total garbage. That is all.

i disagree with this

Why do you guys even watch the games? Sounds like you are rooting so hard for Alex Smith to fail just to prove your point. Are you sure you are 49er fans?

my biggest fear is he plays just good enough to earn an extension. I want him as far as this franchise as possible, as soon as possible. We have all learned to accept mediocrity. The best we can get around here from Smith is a high % very low production game with no TDs, and evidently fans are thrilled with that, even if the D was what won the game. That sort of QB "production" won't even cut it in the UFL.
Give Smith credit for what he has done, but those not giving credit to the defense today, either didn't watch, or simply don't comprehend football. The fact that the offense went backwards from penalties, sacks, and runs for losses, more than forward most of the game makes it absolutley AMAZING that the offense still had a chance to win the game.

Until the end, we were watching two of the ugliest offenses in the NFL operate. It was that awful...

By the way, while Smith deserves his credit, so do a couple of other offensive players. Vernon Davis, and Kendall Hunter both stepped up for the team and made big plays.
Good post!

its true. you don't need monster numbers every game to win because this is a team sport. No one is saying they wouldnt rather have smith rather than brady.

1. What I got out of the game was that we are still getting our WRs on the field and perhaps our best one B. Edwards is not playing yet.
2. Alex, and offense, is still having to integrate new WRs and get in sync together.
3. Oline has played poorly and gave up 5 sacks and who knows how many hits on A. Smith. Alex overcame the line deficiencies.
4. Gore continues to play poorly. Harbaugh is now starting to bring in Hunter and got a touchdown. Seems like changes are coming to the offense.
5. Apparently there were a lot of drops and penalties, along with the sacks, and still A. Smith was able to address it and win.
6. East coast trip, we won.
7. Between and the offense and the defense, and the special teams, we won.
8. We have been in every game and could have won every game. We are now 2-1.
9. Harbaugh's plans are working out well, slowly opening the offensive play book, getting time to gel, winning, and gelling as a team, and his choice of A. Smith as the interim QB is accurate.
10. I personally could care less for style points over winning. We are winning, and we are number 1 in our division. We only need 7 more wins to win the division. I like style points but not at the cost of losing.
11. If A. Smith can survive the pounding, and the line can gel, and Hunter can become a successful RB, and we get Edwards back, and the rest of the WRs become functional WRs, then we will have an effective offense along with a good defense.
12. Oh yes, we won a difficult game for us on the road on the east coast, when things were not going well for us. We won.
Originally posted by dave1003:

rooting for him to fail??? LOL

ive been supporting him for 6 years hoping one day he'd "get it". he's already failed in case you're late to the party.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by darkknight49:

its true. you don't need monster numbers every game to win because this is a team sport. No one is saying they wouldnt rather have smith rather than brady.

you left out a lot of info. The intent of those posts was to downplay Brady's capabilities and try to put Smith in the same zip code. I think that's a enormous slap in the face to Brady. They don't belong in the same sentence, paragraph, or even discussion.
rooting for him to fail??? LOL

ive been supporting him for 6 years hoping one day he'd "get it". he's already failed in case you're late to the party.

I guess your right, if staring off the season 2-1 and Alex smith being a big reason why is your definition of failing then he is a colossal failure.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
1. What I got out of the game was that we are still getting our WRs on the field and perhaps our best one B. Edwards is not playing yet.
2. Alex, and offense, is still having to integrate new WRs and get in sync together.
3. Oline has played poorly and gave up 5 sacks and who knows how many hits on A. Smith. Alex overcame the line deficiencies.
4. Gore continues to play poorly. Harbaugh is now starting to bring in Hunter and got a touchdown. Seems like changes are coming to the offense.
5. Apparently there were a lot of drops and penalties, along with the sacks, and still A. Smith was able to address it and win.
6. East coast trip, we won.
7. Between and the offense and the defense, and the special teams, we won.
8. We have been in every game and could have won every game. We are now 2-1.
9. Harbaugh's plans are working out well, slowly opening the offensive play book, getting time to gel, winning, and gelling as a team, and his choice of A. Smith as the interim QB is accurate.
10. I personally could care less for style points over winning. We are winning, and we are number 1 in our division. We only need 7 more wins to win the division. I like style points but not at the cost of losing.
11. If A. Smith can survive the pounding, and the line can gel, and Hunter can become a successful RB, and we get Edwards back, and the rest of the WRs become functional WRs, then we will have an effective offense along with a good defense.
12. Oh yes, we won a difficult game for us on the road on the east coast, when things were not going well for us. We won.

Good Synopsis!
Share 49ersWebzone