There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

More Hunter, Less Gore....

Originally posted by stepnez:
i think the lack of production has more to do with the new zone blocking scheme rather than frank/hunter.

We have been using far more man-blocking than zone-blocking, just FYI.

This is how our OL is ranked from Outsiders...

pass protection = 31st with only Chicago below us.
run blocking = 27th with Detroit, Seattle, Carolina, Tennessee, and Chicago below us.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
Originally posted by oldman9er:

run blocking = 27th with Detroit, Seattle, Carolina, Tennessee, and Chicago below us.

I'm sure we're pretty low but I will never trust anything from footballoutsiders.com again when they said Manny Lawson was #1 at pressuring the passer. LOL.
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Context + Statistics > Statistics alone

You've entered the Zone. Leave your logic at the door.....

My apologies: AlEXX SmmiTH SUXXXX!! DoooD.

Is that better?

Next time you decided to cut and paste one of my posts you better ask permission.....

I'm confused; I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Side note: It's next time you "decide", not "decided".

Yes. That JUST happened.

I was poking fun at myself with the : Alexx Smmith Suxx dude, comment. As if it was my post.

But honestly, do you think you're cool because you picked up on a typo? Does that make you feel superior? Some of you guys are complete clowns. Its a fan forum, not a dissertation. I'm not worried about what some cyber nerd thinks, so I dont bother proof reading every one or two sentence post.

That should be "don't."
proofreading is one word.

lol
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

I'm sure we're pretty low but I will never trust anything from footballoutsiders.com again when they said Manny Lawson was #1 at pressuring the passer. LOL.

You are missing something important here. The stat was in direct ratio to how often he rushed.
Context + Statistics > Statistics alone

You've entered the Zone. Leave your logic at the door.....

My apologies: AlEXX SmmiTH SUXXXX!! DoooD.

Is that better?

Next time you decided to cut and paste one of my posts you better ask permission.....

I'm confused; I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Side note: It's next time you "decide", not "decided".

Yes. That JUST happened.

I was poking fun at myself with the : Alexx Smmith Suxx dude, comment. As if it was my post.

But honestly, do you think you're cool because you picked up on a typo? Does that make you feel superior? Some of you guys are complete clowns. Its a fan forum, not a dissertation. I'm not worried about what some cyber nerd thinks, so I dont bother proof reading every one or two sentence post.

haha. My apologies, unfortunately it's impossible to decipher sarcasm on this forum, or any forum for that matter, and we both missed each others attempt at such humor.

I bleed red and gold just like you, and in no way was this an attempt at superiority. Although you did hit the nail on the head, considering that I am a nerd doing my dissertation soon -- So I am by no means offended at your remarks, nor should you be.

Truce?!
Hunter is talented and I want to see him play more, but he has as of yet proven anything over a full season. Plus everyone needs to get to the heart of the matter, the o-line isn't doing their job and Hunter is still an unknown comodity to the opposition. Not to mention that although we are shifting around and moving we are still sen as running first by the other side. If Braylon can comeback and they keep VD in the game plan, I think the running came will slowly open up.
haha. My apologies, unfortunately it's impossible to decipher sarcasm on this forum, or any forum for that matter, and we both missed each others attempt at such humor.

I bleed red and gold just like you, and in no way was this an attempt at superiority. Although you did hit the nail on the head, considering that I am a nerd doing my dissertation soon -- So I am by no means offended at your remarks, nor should you be.

Truce?!
Truce....
Originally posted by 5280High:
You're right about the line but not about the rest. Can't just look at the stats. Their YPC may be similar, but their is no denying that when Hunter is in there he has done more with less. There were multiple Hunter runs where he gets hit 4 yards behind the LOS because of poor blocking but manages to get a 1 yard gain. And his 11 yard runs were through tiny holes that Gore would of gotten sucked up into. On the flip side you put Hunter in some of those situations where Gore had nice gains but then gets ran down by a LB trying to turn the corner and there isnt a doubt that Hunter gains more yardage.

And from what I've seen so far Hunter is surprisingly the better pass protector. Im biased though cause the one poor attempt on the bengal player that sacked Smith while Gore just put his head down and sulked while Smith was fighting to stay up... WTF Frank! Get in there and start chipping those guys off your QB! To me that was a defining moment in the game where his heart just wasnt in it, and I lost it. Two guys are roughing up your QB and you just stand there with your head down like a beaten puppy? Unacceptable. Then he just walked away by himself without helping Smith up or glancing back to make sure he's fine. I love Gore, he plays his heart out or at least used to, but one or two more plays with body language like that in a game this season and he should be benched.

Its not about replacing, its about sharing time. But holy hell if I see one more toss to Gore on 2nd down followed by Hunter up the middle on third... my liver is gonna hate me!

@ Philly I wanna see us with 4 wr sets (2WR, 2TE but split out) and hunter in the back field. Line up in shotgun and either force their LB's to cover DW & VD or force Mathews to try and tackle Hunter on the draw or swing passes... I dont think their LBs can do either. But our WR's are gonna get dominated with no Braylon :(.
If you've read my Play-by-Play threads, you'll know I don't just look at the stats.

There's an argument to be made both ways. Hunter has more 'wiggle', probably a bigger long-run threat. But he doesn't do much after contact. He's able to avoid contact, but once hit, goes down. Gore is much better at forcing yardage, running in traffic, breaking tackles.

I have no issue with getting Hunter more touches. I think he's proven he needs more than the 13 he's had.

I completely disagree on the blocking side of things based on the limited attention I've paid too it. Sometime I'll look more closely (unfortunately, the coaching tape is not HD, and it's tough to make out numbers sometimes, so I don't always know who is in protection. After the season they add a record that displays every player that's on the field... until that comes out, I have to hope I get a good angle to see the number or I just don't know).
[ Edited by adembroski on Sep 29, 2011 at 10:38 AM ]
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Frank Gore (ankle) doesn't sound confident he'll be ready, but says 49ers run game can still break out vs. Eagles. bit.ly/pVmt7F
Originally posted by jreff22:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Frank Gore (ankle) doesn't sound confident he'll be ready, but says 49ers run game can still break out vs. Eagles. bit.ly/pVmt7F

Does anyone really buy the injury excuse? I mean, did anyone see him limp after the alleged injury? Has anyone seen him in a boot, getting treatment, limping noticeably at practice? I heard he voiced his displeasure when Hunter scored on the sidelines (is that true)? Perhaps the coaching staff is making up the injury to publicly get Hunter more involved...or use the Vick-card like Philly did with Vicks injury and Gore will play the whole game?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Does anyone really buy the injury excuse? I mean, did anyone see him limp after the alleged injury? Has anyone seen him in a boot, getting treatment, limping noticeably at practice? I heard he voiced his displeasure when Hunter scored on the sidelines (is that true)? Perhaps the coaching staff is making up the injury to publicly get Hunter more involved...or use the Vick-card like Philly did with Vicks injury and Gore will play the whole game?

I never saw him limp or grab his ankle or anything, I did see him fumble, I did see him give up on a block that led to Alex getting sacked, and I did see harbaugh take his ass out of the game.
Maybe keep Gore in as a starter, but let Hunter slowly prove his worth (He's already doing a good job of that!!). I'd say like a 60/40 split. Hunter comes in as a gadget-play back. While Gore does his thing downhill running and pass blocking.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I never saw him limp or grab his ankle or anything, I did see him fumble, I did see him give up on a block that led to Alex getting sacked, and I did see harbaugh take his ass out of the game.

He took it in the face too. Wrong thread? LOL

PS: Glad I'm not the only one seeing it.
Release Gore and sign xavaier Oman
Originally posted by caSTATEofMIND:
Release Gore and sign xavaier Oman

no no, cut gore sign tiki barber.