LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 182 users in the forums

More Hunter, Less Gore....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore just needs a rest here and there and he will be fine, Hunter/Dixon should get some more carries for sure tho.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Gore just needs a rest here and there and he will be fine, Hunter/Dixon should get some more carries for sure tho.

Watch the WZ blow up when Even dixon looks better than GORE.
Originally posted by Niners99:
posting in Niner Talk is like wading into a pool of stupid...

can we please stop with the "Gore is finished!" talk after 3 games? hes coming off an injury and a lockout shortened offseason. not to mention nobody seems to bother looking at how bad the OL has been playing. hes getting NO help from his line. theres been no holes to run though, so its hard for him to do anything.

It amazes me how the OL is tissue paper thin, allowing Smith to get hit 2 steps into his dropback, and giving Gore nothing to run through, and instead of pointing at them, everyone says Smith sucks, and Gore is finished.

at any point in these first 3 games, have you noticed any running lanes open for Gore? nothing is open. when Gore is coming off an injury, nothing is open, and Harbaugh keeps trying to run him outside the tackles where he doesnt belong, of course hes going to look bad!

I wouldnt blame any Niners if they wanted to leave SF, because this fanbase is about as ungrateful and unintelligent as they come. Gore is arguably the best RB in 49ers history. the best in the last 30-40 years for sure, and after 3 mediocre games the fanbase has turned on him, saying hes old and Kendall Hunter should take over? wtf is wrong with you guys...This happened at the beginning of last season when Willis came out of the gate slow. everyone started talking crap about how he wasnt trying hard enough. then he got All-Pro. again.

I wouldve thought all these years of bad football had driven away everyone who wasnt a hardcore, knowledgeable fan. guess not...
And yet, every once in awhile, you run across a reasonable, well articulated post. Like this one.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Niners99:
posting in Niner Talk is like wading into a pool of stupid...

can we please stop with the "Gore is finished!" talk after 3 games? hes coming off an injury and a lockout shortened offseason. not to mention nobody seems to bother looking at how bad the OL has been playing. hes getting NO help from his line. theres been no holes to run though, so its hard for him to do anything.

It amazes me how the OL is tissue paper thin, allowing Smith to get hit 2 steps into his dropback, and giving Gore nothing to run through, and instead of pointing at them, everyone says Smith sucks, and Gore is finished.

at any point in these first 3 games, have you noticed any running lanes open for Gore? nothing is open. when Gore is coming off an injury, nothing is open, and Harbaugh keeps trying to run him outside the tackles where he doesnt belong, of course hes going to look bad!

I wouldnt blame any Niners if they wanted to leave SF, because this fanbase is about as ungrateful and unintelligent as they come. Gore is arguably the best RB in 49ers history. the best in the last 30-40 years for sure, and after 3 mediocre games the fanbase has turned on him, saying hes old and Kendall Hunter should take over? wtf is wrong with you guys...This happened at the beginning of last season when Willis came out of the gate slow. everyone started talking crap about how he wasnt trying hard enough. then he got All-Pro. again.

I wouldve thought all these years of bad football had driven away everyone who wasnt a hardcore, knowledgeable fan. guess not...
And yet, every once in awhile, you run across a reasonable, well articulated post. Like this one.

Found a gem , here in a sea full of stupid.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Watch the WZ blow up when Even dixon looks better than GORE.

Dix Hunter in the back field ...get it
whoever carries the ball, this is a game that we have to get our running attack going. There is no excuse for not overpowering the small Philly D and running well against them.
I'd like to see us get hunter going with some screens, I think he would be awesome at finding lanes/holes on screen plays.
Benching Gore in all my FF leagues tonight. Might get the day off to rest the ankle a full week, and get a full evaluation of Hunter. I think the 49ers offense is a non-factor tomorrow anyway, but this just reassures it.
Bump
double post
[ Edited by DesiDez on Oct 2, 2011 at 1:36 PM ]

split carries needs to be the norm from here on out
Awesome use of both. Gore and Hunter should both get a lot of PT. Hunter will help Gore stay fresh. Nice to "impose our will" at the end.
They were both used effectively and looked fresh all game! I think this is exactly what Gore needs in this latter part of his career, he looked focused and ready when he was in there.
They were both used effectively and looked fresh all game! I think this is exactly what Gore needs in this latter part of his career, he looked focused and ready when he was in there.
what was that? Gore should be traded? who was all saying that again?

127 and a TD, picking up the critical 1st down to seal the win, all on a bum ankle. Gore haters shut your mouth. the soon to be 49ers all-time leading rusher is alive and well.
Share 49ersWebzone