This.

x2
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Its sad how quick some of you jump

This.

x2

I am not quick to jump, been a Gore since we drafted him.

The o-line is one thing, but for 3 games now, Gore does not run with the same power as he used to, people need to realize he is not invincible Superman, every RB gets worn out, all some of us are asking is that we take on the committee approach, because no one can deny Kendall Hunter's talent, so why not use him as well?
Originally posted by verb1der:
I am not quick to jump, been a Gore since we drafted him.

The o-line is one thing, but for 3 games now, Gore does not run with the same power as he used to, people need to realize he is not invincible Superman, every RB gets worn out, all some of us are asking is that we take on the committee approach, because no one can deny Kendall Hunter's talent, so why not use him as well?

I am all for giving Hunter some carries. The guy is electric and we finally have an RB that brings something different.

I am talking to the Gore is done folks. Just nonsense.
x2

Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Its sad how quick some of you jump

This.

x2

I don't think it's a matter of turning on him, it's just facing facts. Hunter came in and immediately did better than Frank behind the same o-line (which is still terrible -- different story). Gore's best days are clearly behind him. The coaching staff would be foolish to continue allowing him to be tackled behind the line of scrimmage, because he lacks burst, just for loyalty's sake.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I am all for giving Hunter some carries. The guy is electric and we finally have an RB that brings something different.

Gore is done.
Originally posted by Amir:

Gore is done.

Gore is done.

Dore is gone.
Originally posted by angelv05:
Hunter is definitely better then Gore. That contract was a mistake

Good I hope Gore feels he's on the hot seat now, big money got to his head.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

Gore is done.

Dore is gone.

Dire is Gire
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

Gore is done.

Dore is gone.

Dire is Gire

giggity is diggity

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Split time is good for Gore.

We've copied the NY Giants for years, why not implement their RB strategy?

Gore may not want the split time, but he needs it right now.

This
Lets not confuse wanting more touches for Hunter with giving up on Frank, or jumping wagons...

Gore is not himself. In previous years Gore always had low forward body lean, followed his blockers butt to the initial contact then got his legs under him and bounce-cut up the field. This year after the initial contact he is unable to get his legs under his torso that is leaning so far forward that he just falls to the ground or has to take precious time to regain balance resulting in a tackle.

I got two theories on why Gore is sucking lately, besides the line play;

a) The lockout after an injury - Anytime an agent opens their mouth and says 'my client is in the best shape of his life and is 100% ready to go' is an instant red flag in my head and more times than not its complete BS. Gore hurt his hip which is one of the key joints that needs flexibility in order to stay on your feet as a running back. I dont doubt Gore worked out with his usual Miami crew, but after that injury and no mini camps etc, we have no real assurance that he was working out the way he needed to in order to get back to where he was before the injury.

b) Saints preseason game - this was never mentioned after the game, but this was the one game Gore showed speed and his usual burst... until he ran the ball up the middle and seemed to come down on his hip, torse awkwardly. He subsequently took himself out of the game and did not return, then he only ran a couple plays the following game before complaining he was getting more carries than normal in the preseason, could he have still been hurting? He didnt play at all in the 3rd game due to the contract issues, and limited in the 4th. IMO he has an injury that he is too stubborn/passionate to disclose that was probably suffered in that saints game and will continue to hurt this team by going when he isn't 100% because of his heart and his ego.

Either way, it time for Harbs to step in and let him know that he will be sharing the load more often to preserve Frank and get him healthy for when we need him... after the bye week.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Lets not confuse wanting more touches for Hunter with giving up on Frank, or jumping wagons...

Gore is not himself. In previous years Gore always had low forward body lean, followed his blockers butt to the initial contact then got his legs under him and bounce-cut up the field. This year after the initial contact he is unable to get his legs under his torso that is leaning so far forward that he just falls to the ground or has to take precious time to regain balance resulting in a tackle.

I got two theories on why Gore is sucking lately, besides the line play;

a) The lockout after an injury - Anytime an agent opens their mouth and says 'my client is in the best shape of his life and is 100% ready to go' is an instant red flag in my head and more times than not its complete BS. Gore hurt his hip which is one of the key joints that needs flexibility in order to stay on your feet as a running back. I dont doubt Gore worked out with his usual Miami crew, but after that injury and no mini camps etc, we have no real assurance that he was working out the way he needed to in order to get back to where he was before the injury.

b) Saints preseason game - this was never mentioned after the game, but this was the one game Gore showed speed and his usual burst... until he ran the ball up the middle and seemed to come down on his hip, torse awkwardly. He subsequently took himself out of the game and did not return, then he only ran a couple plays the following game before complaining he was getting more carries than normal in the preseason, could he have still been hurting? He didnt play at all in the 3rd game due to the contract issues, and limited in the 4th. IMO he has an injury that he is too stubborn/passionate to disclose that was probably suffered in that saints game and will continue to hurt this team by going when he isn't 100% because of his heart and his ego.

Either way, it time for Harbs to step in and let him know that he will be sharing the load more often to preserve Frank and get him healthy for when we need him... after the bye week.

What about his fumbling late in games, how do we get that fixed?
Wow... lame thread. Hunter has been just as unproductive as Gore, just happened to get away on one of the few well-blocked runs of the season so far. One play, in three games, and you're calling for Gore's head? I realize some of you just want Hunter to get more snaps, but the big picture here is they're performing pretty much equally, and Gore is a significantly better blocker. I don't want him taken off the field any more than necessary as the team needs every effective block it can get at this point.

Really, really sad. The problem is not the backs, it's the line.
[ Edited by adembroski on Sep 27, 2011 at 10:02 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone