There are 239 users in the forums

Week 3 in Cincy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
well.... if history also does continue....

Harbaugh will have a field day if Taylor Mays somehow gets on the field.
They need to play this in the locker room before the game:

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by verb1der:
We are going to see Manny Lawson and Nate Clements again awwkwarrd.

If history continues....

Lawson will have 2 sacks, and Nate will have a pick-6.

Former niners seem to have a field day against us.

I'm afraid Manny Lawson will Demarcus Ware us!
Originally posted by RollinDownRodeo:
The Bengals looked good yesterday for a very young team (but the Broncos stink IMO), and eeked out a win week 1 against an alright Browns team (IMO)

But I feel like with everything that happen yesterday and wetting the bed after being up 14, I feel like theres NO reason we shouldnt go to Cincy and roll over the Bengals next week. We're a much better football team and we should have a fire lit under our a***s (been wrong about that before)

All in all is it wrong for me expect us to dominate Cincy next week?, or should I continue to not expect anything like I normally do?

keep dreaming , if we win we are lucky !
Cincy is bad, Andy Dalton may look good but overall they are not a good team. They wont be able to run on us in our base defense, and Denver's secondary is pretty bad. They have Bailey and thats about it, Dawkins has basically turned into Michael Lewis, and they have to leave their CB's on an island to have any shot at stopping the run. Yet the Broncos still won starting TEBOW AT WR. Their secondary is even worse than Dallas and they dont have a front seven that can mask deficiencies with a pass rush like Dallas did. And Clements got burned on a double move to allow a long TD to Decker, insert a much faster Ginn or Williams and abuse him all day.
AJ Green will go off against our secondary. He's a beast. The sky is the limit for him.

Oh, I fully expect us to win the game.
This game and the Bucs game in week 5 are the big games for me early in the year. Dallas would have been great to win but a loss had to be expected there. The Cincy game is key because it will show if we can actually beat what SHOULD be a lesser opponent on the road. Also... I'm fully expecting a loss to the Eagles the next week so losing to the Bengals would put us at 1-3 and staring 1-5 or 2-4 right in the face going into the bye.

The Bucs game is the other big game in my book because they're a pretty decent team that smashed us last year. Will we be able to compete this time around and maybe get a win against one of the better young up and coming teams of the NFL? Also I'm going to look at the offense BIG TIME in that game. After 4 full regular season games I'd hope that'd be the game where we started to see something clicking on the offensive side of the ball.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Don't gaurantee a win, set yourself up for disappointment. This team has yet to be tested on the road. Even though we lost to Dallas, we played hard and could have won the game. I have faith we'll win but not going to expect it. Both games at home we either lost or almost lost. No matter who's stadium we're in, can this team handle adversity and pull out a win?

We'll see....Go Niners!
Sadly, I think we get abused.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Sadly, I think we get abused.

Going on the road after coming off a tough road loss...very possible. Two away games in a row, we would be lucky to get one of them.

Originally posted by Blitz:
Going on the road after coming off a tough road loss...very possible. Two away games in a row, we would be lucky to get one of them.

And we won't get Philly. So that leaves winning at Cincy or facing a 1-3 start. For so many reasons next week's game is huge from a "team evaluation" standpoint - how will we respond after a tough loss? how will we play on the road? how will we compete against a team that we "SHOULD" beat? I actually won't go so far as to say that the 49ers should beat Cincy on the road, so I can take a loss But if we come out flat and have a huge 2nd half deficit to overcome OR get a nice first half lead and fall apart in the 2nd half ... that would be on the coaches and that would not be a good sign.
Bengals rout the Niners. Only game I see the Niners possibly winning is the Browns at home.
If we lose this game, I smell a LOOOOOONG losing streak happening this season.
Originally posted by jogr49:
Bengals rout the Niners. Only game I see the Niners possibly winning is the Browns at home.

That would really suck. Losing to the Bengals at all is depressing. Losing in a rout to the Bengals means heads have to roll. The Niners can't be that bad.
Originally posted by Vasco49er:
That would really suck. Losing to the Bengals at all is depressing. Losing in a rout to the Bengals means heads have to roll. The Niners can't be that bad.

to be fair we are 2-100 in 10 am games
Share 49ersWebzone