LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Was Ted Ginn's punt return for a TD a good thing?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The only way I wouldn't want Ginn to score those TDs, was to see Alex Smiths reaction on offense when he knows the game is in his hands. But we won the game so well see Sunday.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Bottom line is it worked out. If I win the lottery with random generated numbers, would it be better if I had won with my own hand-picked numbers

Yes, cause the hand picked number will likely be the same number you play over and over again. Thus less likely for lightning to strike twice. Whereas I randomly generated number is well, random. Thus more of a chance to randomly hit more than once.
Only in NinerTalk.... Wow. This is low, even for NT.
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by father49er:
In the first case, Seattle wins w/ 2 TDs, In the 2nd case, Seattle at best tie the game. And general rule of thumb, is it's harder score points so make your opponents score more.

Of course that's the con of it, but the pro is that they still would need to score 2 TD's, but have one fewer minute and two fewer timeouts to do so. There's obviously logic to both sides, that's why it's debatabe. People that think it's retarded to think it's debatable are clearly foolish.

Debatable implies the possibility of poor judgement in the original course of action. In this case, it really is a non issue. We're debating just to debate.
I almost think it's debatable. If he just did a fair catch (or, if he returned it, just took a knee at the 1 yard line), we would have been up 2 possessions AND have the ball AND have only 3 minutes left in the game. Kneel it 3 times (drain clock/make them use their remaining timeouts), then kick a field goal to make it a 2 touchdown game with them only having a minute or so left. Seems like that would have been the best chance of winning rather than them having to score 2 touchdowns but having 3 minutes and however many timeouts left they had to do so. Either way, the odds were overwhelming in our favor, but I feel that they would have been even more overwhelming had he not scored.

point of this thread:

was the TD a good thing? yes.
if he didn't score the td would it be a bad thing? no.
so either way we were in a good situation? yes.

was one situation better than the other? depends who you ask.... but tavaris jackson sucks so it doesn't matter.
Originally posted by DK57:
Is allowing people to post stupid things a good thing?

Please elaborate as to how a 16 point lead with 3 mins left and 2 SEA timeouts is CLEARLY and UNQUESTIONABLY better than a 12 point lead with 2 mins left and 0 SEA timeouts and why it's "stupid" to think the latter COULD be more advantageous than the former...
It doesn't really matter Andes because if they would have done what you suggest it would have set in motion a completely different set of cause and effect with new variables. I'm not going to flame you but anytime you come in after the fact nitpicking a win, you should expect what you're getting.
[ Edited by TDilvr on Sep 16, 2011 at 4:40 PM ]
hey how about this...

i think we should have taken a safety to tie the game up and then let it go to OT. Pray we win the coin toss cuz the odds of the home winning when they win the coin toss are way up there....

Does that sound good??

NO DUDE - You score TD's when you can regardless....
I almost think it's debatable. If he just did a fair catch (or, if he returned it, just took a knee at the 1 yard line), we would have been up 2 possessions AND have the ball AND have only 3 minutes left in the game. Kneel it 3 times (drain clock/make them use their remaining timeouts), then kick a field goal to make it a 2 touchdown game with them only having a minute or so left. Seems like that would have been the best chance of winning rather than them having to score 2 touchdowns but having 3 minutes and however many timeouts left they had to do so. Either way, the odds were overwhelming in our favor, but I feel that they would have been even more overwhelming had he not scored.

Questions nobody is asking.
Some real smart people on this board.

• Chief
  • Veteran
This s**t has to be a joke, seriously... Is this a real question?
no, it was a a tragedy.
I will take a NINER TD anytime....anyway.....ALL THE TIME!
no, it is bad
clearly the OP owns akers in fantasy and wanted 1 more fg outta him
Share 49ersWebzone