LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Harbaugh's offense like Jimmy Raye's?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
relax. week one against a division rival. c'mon
Didn't read, lol!
Just a hint:
Stanford 2009 (with Gerhart at RB): 313 attempts for passing/536 rushing attempts
Stanford 2010 (with tremendous QB named Luck): 379/535

Enough said?
Originally posted by communist:
Just a hint:
Stanford 2009 (with Gerhart at RB): 313 attempts for passing/536 rushing attempts

Enough said?

Run oriented offense obviously. Although we're not running the same exact thing as Stanford. College is much different.

Teams can run almost the entire game and only attempt something like 10 passes. That obviously would never fly in the NFL.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Harbaugh and Baalke tried to get Hassellbeck before trying to keep Smith. Id also like to imagine that if Palmer were availiable early he would be a 49er as well. As as im concerned we are stuck with Smith until a good team breaks him. Then we can see what Kaep can do.
Got your facts wrong again. They tried to get Hasslebeck after they decided to keep Smith. Kaepernick is two years from being ready to play from the looks of it. Keep reaching.
Lol Week-1 overreaction
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by communist:
Just a hint:

Enough said?

Run oriented offense obviously. Although we're not running the same exact thing as Stanford. College is much different.

Teams can run almost the entire game and only attempt something like 10 passes. That obviously would never fly in the NFL.

Agree with OTC. Also, how is it a good thing that Norris was on the field for 40+ plays and Delainie for only 20+? Besides Norris was bad at blocking Sunday. When will reality make sense? I will believe a change has come when Norris is off the team.
I don't understand Harbaugh sometimes... I mean that little post game pep talk...

Jim - Alex is still your starting QB

Jim to team after the game... "WHO HAS IT BETTER THAN US????" "NOOOO ONE!!!!!"

say wha...

how about "WHO IS GOING TO WIN THE NFC WEST!" "WHO's GOT EACH OTHER'S BACK!!!"
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I don't understand Harbaugh sometimes... I mean that little post game pep talk...

say wha...

You ever played team sports?
I swear we won the damn game!!!!

Originally posted by Afrikan:

say wha...

It's about unity and family . . . it's pretty easy to understand.
I loled at "Jimmy Singletary's"

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=97424
don't know for sure but i was under the impression that the wco was about rushing and short/intemediate routes that exposes soft zones in the defense.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I swear we won the damn game!!!!

I know right
  • dj43
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by kray28:
Harbaugh is quickly reminding me of Obama. I don't see much "change to believe in". I see a lot of "more of the same" with a WCO™ brand wrapper around the same stick of crap.

That being said, it is real early, and I want to give Harbaugh plenty of rope before the hanging.

I find his blanket denials of the obvious (claiming that they were not playing it safe) to the press is disconcerting to me. I don't find him particularly trustworthy as a result, and I see a lot of the arrogance and stubbornness which were hallmarks of the Nolan/Singletary regime instead.

lol after 1 game? Really? Especially after game the NIners won? Harbaugh is putting Alex into position where he can succeed. He's building up Alex's confidence not throwing him to the wind like the last few HCs.
It is about a LOT more than Alex Smith. Smith likely knows more of the offense than any other player on the team. After all, he had the whole playbook for a month before anyone else saw it.

Beside the OL being able to execute zone schemes well, the receivers must be able to make the reads correctly and run the patterns on the correct timing. It will take time for these receivers to get those things down well.
Share 49ersWebzone