LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 199 users in the forums

Harbaugh's Monday Post-Game Presser Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Opposing teams are not afraid of Alex, they will put 8 or 9 in the box daring Alex to throw. Its really not the OL's fault when defenses use exotic blitz packages against us and have defensive players coming from all kinds of directions. Why shouldn't they? They know very well that Alex doesn't have the ability to avoid the rush nor does he have the moxie to change the play at the line and bomb it away to Ginn or Davis.

We need to keep running that across-the-field misdirection pass to VD until they stop it, then.
lol, true. I think I've seen that same play 2 seasons ago vs. the seahawks.

That was a pretty play. Smith said that they had been working on it for weeks, but had never used it. I HOPE that we'll see more of those creative plays against the Iggles as we slowly open up the playbook.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Opposing teams are not afraid of Alex, they will put 8 or 9 in the box daring Alex to throw. Its really not the OL's fault when defenses use exotic blitz packages against us and have defensive players coming from all kinds of directions. Why shouldn't they? They know very well that Alex doesn't have the ability to avoid the rush nor does he have the moxie to change the play at the line and bomb it away to Ginn or Davis.

We need to keep running that across-the-field misdirection pass to VD until they stop it, then.

Yup its from the Jimmy Raye playbook.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

That was a pretty play. Smith said that they had been working on it for weeks, but had never used it. I HOPE that we'll see more of those creative plays against the Iggles as we slowly open up the playbook.
Yea that was a cool play and I love it when they use a little creativity on offense, as long as it works of course, lol. Having said that, I will settle for quick slants and screens plays that work.
Originally posted by susweel:
Yup its from the Jimmy Raye playbook.

Yep, when he first stopped to throw across his body, the first thought in my mind was pick 6.
VD could of had a TD if he didn't stop and juke that DB, just run right past the DB VERON !
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
VD could of had a TD if he didn't stop and juke that DB, just run right past the DB VERON !

This, he tries to stop and juke everyone... Either he lost speed, or something but he always stops his feet, like he has been watching too much gore footage.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by DONBIS:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by CrownJP:
I do not recall Alex throwing the ball in the dirt .... i do remember him throwing the ball low to Crabtree and it hitting his hands and crabtree not catching it ... is this the throw in the dirt to which you are refering to?

He skipped one this week. His accuracy was worse yesterday than in the first two weeks, IMO.
Which play did he skip the ball???? i must have missed that one ... i did see the low ball that almost hit the ground, that one was really low, but i thought it shouldve been caught .... i thought he only threw 2-3 bad passes all game, the one to Morgan was really bad thought ...

I remember it happening. I gotta watch the film to be sure.

It definitly happened. It was on the play Smith scrambled out of the pocket and almost ran, but threw it to the reciever and it skipped off the dirt. I'm pretty sure it was to Crabtree, because I remember thinking, I wonder what Crabs is thinking right now.... No doubt is was on Alex.

the one to crabtree hit crabs right in the hands he just dropped it

The pass that was low and hit crabtree in the hands was early in the game. Later on alex ran out the top of the pocket as it was collapsing, no one was around him and crabtree was about ten yards in front of him (open) and alex bounced it about 3 feet in front of him.

He skipped one to Morgan I believe. The one you are referring to that bounced "about 3 feet" in front of Crabtree actually hit Crabtree in the hands (it would have been a tough catch) as he was sliding to make the catch. The one that Crabtree blatantly dropped was a completely different play.

The pass im talking about was not a drop, it wasn't a pass that hit anyones hands. It hit the turf and it happened when alex was running out the top of the pocket. Doesnt matter what receiver it was and the receiver was standing up not sliding.

Yea that was a cool play and I love it when they use a little creativity on offense, as long as it works of course, lol. Having said that, I will settle for quick slants and screens plays that work.

That play was Vernon's first career reception, which was also his first TD. Against the cards in the season opener in Arizona.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I do not recall Alex throwing the ball in the dirt .... i do remember him throwing the ball low to Crabtree and it hitting his hands and crabtree not catching it ... is this the throw in the dirt to which you are refering to?

He skipped one this week. His accuracy was worse yesterday than in the first two weeks, IMO.
Which play did he skip the ball???? i must have missed that one ... i did see the low ball that almost hit the ground, that one was really low, but i thought it shouldve been caught .... i thought he only threw 2-3 bad passes all game, the one to Morgan was really bad thought ...

I remember it happening. I gotta watch the film to be sure.

It definitly happened. It was on the play Smith scrambled out of the pocket and almost ran, but threw it to the reciever and it skipped off the dirt. I'm pretty sure it was to Crabtree, because I remember thinking, I wonder what Crabs is thinking right now.... No doubt is was on Alex.

the one to crabtree hit crabs right in the hands he just dropped it

The pass that was low and hit crabtree in the hands was early in the game. Later on alex ran out the top of the pocket as it was collapsing, no one was around him and crabtree was about ten yards in front of him (open) and alex bounced it about 3 feet in front of him.

He skipped one to Morgan I believe. The one you are referring to that bounced "about 3 feet" in front of Crabtree actually hit Crabtree in the hands (it would have been a tough catch) as he was sliding to make the catch. The one that Crabtree blatantly dropped was a completely different play.

The pass im talking about was not a drop, it wasn't a pass that hit anyones hands. It hit the turf and it happened when alex was running out the top of the pocket. Doesnt matter what receiver it was and the receiver was standing up not sliding.

I know what play you're talking about, but who cares. Every qb in the league short hops passes. Also on the pass that Crabtree dropped, when they were lined up in a bunch formation and he broke inside, someone tipped the ball. All that matters is that they won and hopefully they learned from their mistakes. Time to move on to the Philly game.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Right.........

Your right I stand corrected

All good, none of us are perfect.

P.S. I would of responded sooner, but the line was long for my government cheese.....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 26, 2011 at 5:36 PM ]

49ers San Francisco 49ers
Watch head coach Jim Harbaugh's press conference live at noon on #49ers.com. bit.ly/oWSlPF
someone post up what he says, i got no access today.
I'm in school(without my comp today) till 10 in evening (posting on my phone) so updates please
http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/live

On now.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Press-Pass-Jim-Harbaugh/5e6da8e4-6103-45e4-ad1b-e3907d8c5956
Share 49ersWebzone