LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 194 users in the forums

QBR watch (week 2) **updated**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by dj43:
Because a QB that holds onto the ball too long takes a sack?
There are 31 other QBs around the league but we are the only one that uses an O-line statistic to defend a 7 year vet that can't throw for 150 yards. If Harbaugh didn't know what he had in Smith, maybe he should have played in the preseason a little more.

Is that what you took from my post?

If so, you have a serious reading comprehension problem, or your filter is on a little too tight.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
There are 31 other QBs around the league but we are the only one that uses an O-line statistic to defend a 7 year vet that can't throw for 150 yards. If Harbaugh didn't know what he had in Smith, maybe he should have played in the preseason a little more.

sacks are an evaluation of both the QB and the offensive line. The offensive line has to protect, but the QB has to get rid of the ball quickly, or extend plays, because the offensive line realistically can only provide so much time for the QB. A common charge against a QB is that he "takes too many sacks" meaning that he takes sacks unnecessarily. Smith got rid of the ball quickly yesterday and used his feet when he had to, following a game plan that I can only assume was mean to protect the offensive line, which proved to be a weakness of the team during the preseason. The fact that no sacks were allowed is a credit to the O-line, the gameplan, and Smith.

The O-Line played great yesterday. If they play stupendous, Smith can throw for more then 124 yards.

All i see are posts about Smith's QBR as if he lit it up. haha
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 12, 2011 at 1:28 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by ace130:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Thanks for your opinion, I am telling you when the coach thinks they are ready to be a passing team, they will be.

With playmakers they have on offense Crabtree Davis Edwards Ginn and Morgan first round picks(except morgan) they should be putting up big points.

Now you are hurting yourself.

Vernon Davis has been a threat on seam routes where his speed beats LBs and safeties. He is still weak on route running, reading and adjusting routes.

Edwards has NEVER lived up to his draft position. His rep has been dropping the big pass in key situations, along with off-field and locker room issues.

Ginn was let go by Miami for a bag of chips.

Crabtree has not been healthy enough to show ANYTHING close to his draft status.

Morgan would not even make the roster in Green Bay or Philly or a number of other teams.

So how good are the weapons again?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by communist:
Could you give me your source plz?

Interesting, he is better than Romo, Cutler, Eli, Rivers, Kolb, Freeman, Bradford, Ryan, McNabb, Sanchez and Roethli.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6943920/nfl-week-1-total-qbr-leaders is the rankings

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6835090/nfl-total-quarterback-rating-shifts-way-see-position is what new qbr is

Interceptions and fumbles will kill you in this rating system. Amount of yardage and TD passes don't count as much.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Back-to-back postings with bullcrap-info.

Just dont put Alex Smith with those Qbs. John Clayton was right when he ranked Alex Smith 28th or 30th or something

we need to see consistency and better output. the bright side is if Smith averages 124 yards and no passing td's and 2 yards or less on 33% of his passes, we will have Andrew Luck as our QB next year.

another clueless post, shaj. in '81, Montana had only six games with more than 225 pass yards. he finished the regular season with 19 TD - 12 INT and a 88.4 rating.

your prediction is worth less than a can of baked beans.

therefore: Smith 2011 = Montana 1981

Oh, and Cam = Marino x 10 with that same logic
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

sacks are an evaluation of both the QB and the offensive line. The offensive line has to protect, but the QB has to get rid of the ball quickly, or extend plays, because the offensive line realistically can only provide so much time for the QB. A common charge against a QB is that he "takes too many sacks" meaning that he takes sacks unnecessarily. Smith got rid of the ball quickly yesterday and used his feet when he had to, following a game plan that I can only assume was mean to protect the offensive line, which proved to be a weakness of the team during the preseason. The fact that no sacks were allowed is a credit to the O-line, the gameplan, and Smith.

The O-Line played great yesterday. If they play stupendous, Smith can throw for more then 124 yards.

They pass blocked pretty well, but the run blocking was horrible, we were constantly in third and long, not a good situation while you are learning a new system for our offensive players. Also if you are seeing that, you might want to brush up on your reading comprehension.
tony romo is only one spot behind alex and he threw a crucial end of the game interception. alex smith did not turn over the ball at all.

Just dont put Alex Smith with those Qbs. John Clayton was right when he ranked Alex Smith 28th or 30th or something

we need to see consistency and better output. the bright side is if Smith averages 124 yards and no passing td's and 2 yards or less on 33% of his passes, we will have Andrew Luck as our QB next year.

another clueless post, shaj. in '81, Montana had only six games with more than 225 pass yards. he finished the regular season with 19 TD - 12 INT and a 88.4 rating.

Maybe with your logic, but I will take Montana over Marino seven days a week and twice on Sundays...how bout you?

Maybe with your logic, but I will take Montana over Marino seven days a week and twice on Sundays...how bout you?

but everyone knows that Marino x 10 actually IS Montana.

Therefore, Cam = Alex Smith.

all he is saying is you dont need fancy stats to win games. Bringing up Montana and Marino actually proves this point even more

creepy math going on in this thread..
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

i didn't say that. don't put words in my mouth.

i used it as an example of how looking at stats is meaningless. the ONLY stat that matters is WINS!
  • dj43
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
creepy math going on in this thread..

I never did like math, especially the "creepy" kind.

They pass blocked pretty well, but the run blocking was horrible, we were constantly in third and long, not a good situation while you are learning a new system for our offensive players. Also if you are seeing that, you might want to brush up on your reading comprehension.

Pass blocking bad, run blkcoing good. Pass blocking good and run blocking bad. Smith need excuse. Smith must have excuse. Same ol same ol same ol excuses.

Was that neccessary? It is about as neccessary as this:

You should brush your teeth. Shouldn't take long since you're from the south. You probably only have 3.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 12, 2011 at 2:42 PM ]

Was that neccessary? It is about as neccessary as this:

You should brush your teeth. Shouldn't take long since you're from the south. You probably only have 3.

HAHA...I have already twice today ( had coffee after I brushed them the first time. I have all of my teeth, wisdom teeth included) I was being sarcastic sweetheart, don't get your panties in a bunch...I know you know how to read, I also know you like to spin and exaggerate anything you can to have an argument about really silly s**t. Don't be so sensitive if you are going to ask for it.
Share 49ersWebzone