LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 190 users in the forums

QBR watch (week 2) **updated**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I dont care what Clayton said, I dont care what ESPN is telling and I dont care what journalists are writing who never played pro football. And I dont compare Smith with Rodgers.
Originally posted by communist:
I dont care what Clayton said, I dont care what ESPN is telling and I dont care what journalists are writing who never played pro football. And I dont compare Smith with Rodgers.

Its just the niners are doing the same mistake every year. relying on the run game and playing good D and it hasnt worked for the past seven years. The offense should be a passing offense not a conserative running team
Originally posted by ace130:

Its just the niners are doing the same mistake every year. relying on the run game and playing good D and it hasnt worked for the past seven years. The offense should be a passing offense not a conserative running team
Thanks for your opinion, I am telling you when the coach thinks they are ready to be a passing team, they will be.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Lol Alex had one of the worst QB performance on the list. 124 yards 0tds low yards per catch. Every pass was a checkdown. If it wasnt for ginn we could of lossed

"could have lossed?"

But we winned.

Somewhere an English teacher just

Another one

still a third

and then there was this guy

and this one while watching

that's all.
Just dont put Alex Smith with those Qbs. John Clayton was right when he ranked Alex Smith 28th or 30th or something

John Clayton is an east coast worm-face. Who cares what he thinks. Every time his face come on TV my wife screams in fright. The dog too.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Interesting. It wasn't flashy, but it was a good performance by Smith. You have to be happy about the 0 turnovers, 0 sacks, and the rushing TD. But I will expecting more from week to week.

Originally posted by 49ersinMaryland:
Bring on the Alex Smith haters. So what if he didn't throw the ball downfield. I would rather have him take 2-3 yard checkdowns than throw into double coverage downfield. Alex just had a game where he had ZERO interceptions and ZERO sacks. That is an improvement.

Why is his being sacked 0 times listed when talking about Smith and his performance?
In other news: Frank Gore didn't throw an interception. BFD

Because a QB that holds onto the ball too long takes a sack?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Thanks for your opinion, I am telling you when the coach thinks they are ready to be a passing team, they will be.

With playmakers they have on offense Crabtree Davis Edwards Ginn and Morgan first round picks(except morgan) they should be putting up big points.
If you dont like our offense, switch to the Bears or San Diego or the Panthers. All these teams have that high-flying thing you wanna see though Turner likes the running game as well.
In the last seven years we had a full off-season. Now we can be lucky to have a veteran QB as a starter. Imagine what happened if Alex didnt come back. Palmer-Trade??? Hasselbeck, who is more injured than fit?

Sorry, but you are unrealistic. And you are living in a dreamworld.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

might as well go find a new to team to root for then. Harbaugh loves to run the ball.
top 10 is good with me!

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Back-to-back postings with bullcrap-info.

Just dont put Alex Smith with those Qbs. John Clayton was right when he ranked Alex Smith 28th or 30th or something

we need to see consistency and better output. the bright side is if Smith averages 124 yards and no passing td's and 2 yards or less on 33% of his passes, we will have Andrew Luck as our QB next year.
Originally posted by Shaj:

we need to see consistency and better output. the bright side is if Smith averages 124 yards and no passing td's and 2 yards or less on 33% of his passes, we will have Andrew Luck as our QB next year.

not if we go 16-0.
Originally posted by dj43:
There are 31 other QBs around the league but we are the only one that uses an O-line statistic to defend a 7 year vet that can't throw for 150 yards. If Harbaugh didn't know what he had in Smith, maybe he should have played in the preseason a little more.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Shaj:

another clueless post, shaj. in '81, Montana had only six games with more than 225 pass yards. he finished the regular season with 19 TD - 12 INT and a 88.4 rating.

your prediction is worth less than a can of baked beans.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by dj43:
There are 31 other QBs around the league but we are the only one that uses an O-line statistic to defend a 7 year vet that can't throw for 150 yards. If Harbaugh didn't know what he had in Smith, maybe he should have played in the preseason a little more.

sacks are an evaluation of both the QB and the offensive line. The offensive line has to protect, but the QB has to get rid of the ball quickly, or extend plays, because the offensive line realistically can only provide so much time for the QB. A common charge against a QB is that he "takes too many sacks" meaning that he takes sacks unnecessarily. Smith got rid of the ball quickly yesterday and used his feet when he had to, following a game plan that I can only assume was mean to protect the offensive line, which proved to be a weakness of the team during the preseason. The fact that no sacks were allowed is a credit to the O-line, the gameplan, and Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone