LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 139 users in the forums

QBR watch (week 2) **updated**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:
where's the WIN watch thread? that's the only one that matters. you're delusional if you think otherwise.

As you wish:

Alex Smith WIN Watch: 20 - 33 (20 wins, 33 losses if that wasn't clear)
Originally posted by Shaj:
I updated my post because I knew it did not have enough context. Smith played good enough for us not to lose. ST and D won us the game. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

this rating frowns upon checkdwons

btw gore wastargeted less than edwards vernon and morgan in that game

in an offense quoted by harbaugh

"gore will be used heavily in the passing game"
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
where's the WIN watch thread? that's the only one that matters. you're delusional if you think otherwise.

As you wish:

dude! just stop posting. we get it. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS ON SUNDAY, you will find a way to spin it that Alex Smith is teh sux0rz QB of all-time.

it's tired. it's old.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

As you wish:

dude! just stop posting. we get it. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS ON SUNDAY, you will find a way to spin it that Alex Smith is teh sux0rz QB of all-time.

it's tired. it's old.

To be fair, I answered your question. You're just upset that I inconveniently included his entire record and not just one day's win.
Does this mean that Alex was 33 times more effective than Kerry Collins?
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Sep 12, 2011 at 7:51 AM ]

As you wish:

it's tired. it's old.

It is funny how much some of the vets complain about NT, but it is often them that make it suck so much.
I'm not an Alex hater but one can argue the majority of his passes were short passes and dump offs. Was that his fault or the gameplan? Tough to say but Alex did his job which was to manage the game and not turn the ball over.
Alex Smith threw some pretty ass passes, That back shoulder throw to Vernon, that pass to Morgan. He had another sweet pass to Davis too
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

As you wish:

it's tired. it's old.

To be fair, I answered your question. You're just upset that I inconveniently included his entire record and not just one day's win.

i'm not upset. it seems that you are because Alex was able to help win yesterday's game.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

As you wish:

it's tired. it's old.

i'm not upset. it seems that you are because Alex was able to help win yesterday's game.

I'm happy we won. Alex helped us not lose by being a conservative game manager. Ginn and the D helped us win. The stats tell that story as well. Dont' get me wrong, Alex had a good day. Very low production, but also little to no mistakes, and a gutsy run for a TD that he should get kudos for.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
I'm happy we won. Alex helped us not lose by being a conservative game manager. Ginn and the D helped us win. The stats tell that story as well. Dont' get me wrong, Alex had a good day. Very low production, but also little to no mistakes, and a gutsy run for a TD that he should get kudos for.

he helped us win. you just can't give him the credit he deserves.

As you wish:

it's tired. it's old.

Mostly Ginn and the D, yes. I would give Smith a bit more credit getting the team into field goal range (many thanks to ST providing good field position too). Gotta admit too, Smith's TD run was a nice play.

He didn't just help us not lose, he helped us win. He was ,money on that drive before the end of the first half, making several very good plays to keep it moving. But I guess that doesn't count as helping us win.

And seriously, you can't just bring up his career win-loss record. You act like the team's record over the last 6 years is SOLELY based on his performance and no other variables around him.
  • dj43

As you wish:

it's tired. it's old.

You must have been sorry to see Nolan get fired. After all, he is the only other guy around here who has been as consistently critical of Alex as you.
Originally posted by norcal49er864:

He didn't just help us not lose, he helped us win. He was ,money on that drive before the end of the first half, making several very good plays to keep it moving. But I guess that doesn't count as helping us win.

And seriously, you can't just bring up his career win-loss record. You act like the team's record over the last 6 years is SOLELY based on his performance and no other variables around him.

He was just answering the guys question. Why are some of you trying so hard to pick a fight about all of this. It was a good day for Alex; but, one that he wasn't asked to do much at all to help us win. I mean a hundred and twenty some yards, 0 passing TD's and only converted 1 3rd down out of 6 3rd down pass attempts. This isn't going to cut it against the Cowboys next week...
Share 49ersWebzone