There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Originally posted by obx49:
This is what a decade of mediocrity does to a fan base. A bunch of settlers.

And this is what happens after 2 decades of amazing happens to a fan base, unrealistic standards.
Originally posted by aman49:
That was Alex's passer rating today.

I'd love to hear what people have to say about that.

Really? 90.4 is nothing to write home about. Is it really necessary to make a thread in an attempt to throw it in peoples' faces? 110+, sure, but 90? Come on.

I was happy with Alex's performance when he was allowed to do something, but the reality is they didn't give him much of anything besides short, safe passes. For the record, I think he could have lit it up today if they called better plays, but they didn't.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Alex did just enough for the 49ers to loose the game.

When your run game does not show up.....your qb needs to carry the team.....

Ted Ginn saved the opener.

Smith did not show anything new.....this performance could have come from any season other then his rookie season.

15 for 20, 2 tds and no turnovers.....

theres no reasoning with ignorant people dude, just give up lol.
Basking in the the glow of a 9er win! Surprised by how conservative Harbaugh was but it was a smart move. Both teams looked rusty and out of sync for most of the game but the 9ers made fewer major mistakes (after starting with some doozies!).

Smith played well enough to win and if he builds on this game and plays better each week I will be happy. The OLine gave him more time than I thought they would but his running neutralized the pass rush to a large extent. Somewhat disappointed that Harbaugh did not put the ball in Smith's hands during the red zone plays but it all ended well.

Tied with Arizona for first place in the NFL West! Those who are falling all over themselves to find negativity in the win...ask yourself why. Just to be contrary or are you fans of other teams?

PS...Jets just pulled ahead of Dallas...hooray!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM ]
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

And this is what happens after 2 decades of amazing happens to a fan base, unrealistic standards.

If expecting better than what we've had the past 8 years is unrealistic, there's no point in even watching football.

He had 2 tds?

Smith did not show anything new.....this performance could have come from any season other then his rookie season.

Smith did carry the offense.

He had NO run game, and Harbaugh still called mostly run plays in positions where passes should have been called. Harbaugh was playing it very safe this game, and Alex did everything that was asked of him. Yes, he didn't light the world on fire, but he wasn't asked to.

To hate on him because of this game makes me,
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

theres no reasoning with ignorant people dude, just give up lol.

It's funny how that's said on both sides of the Alex debate.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

He had 2 tds?

Alex Ginn?
  • obx49
  • Veteran

Yea its really unrealistic to have your team have at the very least a winning season, f**k the playoffs, just a measly 9-7 record.

Yea its really unrealistic to have your team have at the very least a winning season, f**k the playoffs, just a measly 9-7 record.

we won

You do realized we won the game 33-17 right...? Being critical doesn't make you any smarter than the rest of us. It just makes you more repetitive and tired.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 11, 2011 at 8:43 PM ]
I don't know if A. Smith was checking down to extremely short passes or if Harbaugh by design didn't let him go downfield today.

If the niners were facing anything longer than 3rd and 6 they ran the ball. If this does not illustrate the lack of trust in Smith throwing the ball I don't know what will. Smith missed a wide open Vernon davis and Braylon Edwards for possible touch downs. Smith didn't see a couple of other WR's for possible big gains because he was too busy throwing a two yard pass.

A. Smith was horrible today. I was surprised that he had over 100 yards with all of the short passes today. Three of his completions were for negative yards. The team would have been better off with Smith throwing the ball away or going down field for those plays.

In short the defense and Ginn won the game today.
No it is unreasonable to expect drew breed, tom brady, Peyton manning, aaron rosters type stuff, if everybody could play like them then the QB position would be pointless. People complained about jeff garcia because he wasnt steve and if the www was around for joe they probably would have called him injury prone and need to draft his replacement.

If alex can be a top 10-20 QB this year I will take it and be happy just about every season even if it is not alex.
Originally posted by fister30:
I don't know if A. Smith was checking down to extremely short passes or if Harbaugh by design didn't let him go downfield today.

If the niners were facing anything longer than 3rd and 6 they ran the ball. If this does not illustrate the lack of trust in Smith throwing the ball I don't know what will. Smith missed a wide open Vernon davis and Braylon Edwards for possible touch downs. Smith didn't see a couple of other WR's for possible big gains because he was too busy throwing a two yard pass.

A. Smith was horrible today. I was surprised that he had over 100 yards with all of the short passes today. Three of his completions were for negative yards. The team would have been better off with Smith throwing the ball away or going down field for those plays.

In short the defense and Ginn won the game today.

(headscratch) when did he miss vernon on a pass? And when did he miss braylon? On the ball that was a throw away over 3 defenders?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home