LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by jreff22:
they were in the playoffs last year

Yeah and only two starters are left from last years team. Most of the defense is new guys. And remind me of where their Super Bowl trophy is being stored?

LOL incorrect

Earl Thomas
Marcus Trufant
Brandon Mebane
Red Bryant
Chris Clemons
Aaron Curry

and a whole lot of returning 2nd year players or guys who started for other teams
The Niners are now 11-0 when Alex Smith has a QB rating greater than 90.

As usual, I can see that many of the fans making comments here are much, much smarter than the people who run the NFL QB ratings systems. Many of you are much smarter than the coaches and as we've seen, many of you know a lot more about NFL football than Steve Young. And, as the comments show, many of you would much rather we were 0-1 with lots of passing yards than 1-0 with 124 passing yards. Hey, you're entitled to your opinions. What I saw today was an extremely conservative game plan and a QB who made almost all the throws he was called upon to make including a pretty 27 yard zinger to Josh Morgan that was as good as any QB in the league can throw. I also saw the QB throw a nice 20 yard pass right on the money while running to his left and I saw him make a gutsy and successful dive for a TD. But mainly, what I saw today is a Niner win against a division opponent, so I'm not complaining.
I'm pretty sure once alex has full understanding of the playbook, jim will unleash smith to all unfrotunate victims
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I could give a s**t if he has a passer rating of 1.0 as long as we beat Dallas next week or keep on winning.

Good job by Smith today I'm all smiles!!!
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I'm pretty sure once alex has full understanding of the playbook, jim will unleash smith to throw to alot of happy defensive backs.

fixed
LOL incorrect

Earl Thomas
Marcus Trufant
Brandon Mebane
Red Bryant
Chris Clemons
Aaron Curry

and a whole lot of returning 2nd year players or guys who started for other teams
OMGZ!1!!!11111!!!! You haz pwnd meh!!1111!1!! 6 guys returned. I guess they are already better than the 2000 Ravens D. I know what I saw and what I believe and that is without rose colored glasses my friend. You can hide behind whatever mystical Land of Narnia excuse you want, but there are Defenses coming that are very good, let's see what happens then shall we.
Originally posted by Montana19:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I'm pretty sure once alex has full understanding of the playbook, jim will unleash smith to throw to alot of happy defensive backs.

fixed
What's wrong with Niner fans these days? Is that supposed to be funny? Maybe that's funny if you're a Raiders or a Cowboys fan, but why is that supposed to be funny to a Niners fan? I'd really like to know because I seriously don't understand.
LOL incorrect

Earl Thomas
Marcus Trufant
Brandon Mebane
Red Bryant
Chris Clemons
Aaron Curry

OMGZ!1!!!11111!!!! You haz pwnd meh!!1111!1!! 6 guys returned. I guess they are already better than the 2000 Ravens D. I know what I saw and what I believe and that is without rose colored glasses my friend. You can hide behind whatever mystical Land of Narnia excuse you want, but there are Defenses coming that are very good, let's see what happens then shall we.

Did I make any homer comments that show "rose colored glasses"? You made a statement, it was incorrect and I posted the proof. But carry on with the sarcasm while we all hide in Narnia.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I could give a s**t if he has a passer rating of 1.0 as long as we beat Dallas next week or keep on winning.

Good job by Smith today I'm all smiles!!!

Good job by the D and Ted Ginn in my book, but 6 of 1 blah, blah, blah.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'd take that and no turnovers every single week. We could win 9 games with that. These guys are being rediculous. You want no turnovers and a chance to win. That's good. Not bad.

this, just way to many haters

BigDaddy, we won't have to wait long. The Cowboys are in town next week and they're beating the Jets this week for cryin out loud. That will be a real test. But, as Niner fans, we hope for the best, right? Right? Is hoping for the best what you call "wearing Rose-colored glasses?" I call it being a good fan.

Let me guess: you're going to go out on a limb and predict a loss.
LOL incorrect

Earl Thomas
Marcus Trufant
Brandon Mebane
Red Bryant
Chris Clemons
Aaron Curry

Did I make any homer comments that show "rose colored glasses"? You made a statement, it was incorrect and I posted the proof. But carry on with the sarcasm while we all hide in Narnia.

LOL
Originally posted by GNielsen:
What's wrong with Niner fans these days? Is that supposed to be funny? Maybe that's funny if you're a Raiders or a Cowboys fan, but why is that supposed to be funny to a Niners fan? I'd really like to know because I seriously don't understand.

Montana is my forum name....Sorry im Spoiled i watched this team threw the 80s and early 90s and unfortantly since 2005 as well , i was even one of you fanboys that hurried and bought my Alex Smith jersey the moment he was drafted and i wore it proudly until after his first start and i havent put it back on since and wont until he actually proves something more then a few good games here and there.....CONSISTENCY never hurt anyone.
[ Edited by Montana19 on Sep 11, 2011 at 7:57 PM ]

I'm a full on homer for my team, have been for over 30 years now and damn proud of it! Just like I love my old car regardless of all the problems that potentially make it a piece of crap. But I can freely admit those problems and therein is the difference between us my friend.
Originally posted by Montana19:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Montana is my forum name....Sorry im Spoiled i watched this team threw the 80s and early 90s and unfortantly since 2005 as well , i was even one of you that hurried and bought my Alex Smith jersey the moment he was drafted and i wore it proudly until after his first start and i havent put it back on since and wont until he actually proves something more then a few good games here and there.....CONSISTENCY never hurt anyone.

I'd say you're spoiled by one of the greatest runs in sports history and you're fickle.

Alex's play tonight was consistent. Consistently mediocre. And I have faith in Harbaugh milking that consistent mediocrity out of Alex Smith for most of the season. He's a stopgap QB, just like any QB would have been this season, get over it.
Share 49ersWebzone