Originally posted by jreff22:
LOL incorrect

Earl Thomas
Marcus Trufant
Brandon Mebane
Red Bryant
Chris Clemons
Aaron Curry

and a whole lot of returning 2nd year players or guys who started for other teams
OMGZ!1!!!11111!!!! You haz pwnd meh!!1111!1!! 6 guys returned. I guess they are already better than the 2000 Ravens D. I know what I saw and what I believe and that is without rose colored glasses my friend. You can hide behind whatever mystical Land of Narnia excuse you want, but there are Defenses coming that are very good, let's see what happens then shall we.

I like how you spaz after being proven wrong. That fact you misunderstood during the game was the commentator saying they had two remaining starters since Pete took the job.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'd take that and no turnovers every single week. We could win 9 games with that. These guys are being rediculous. You want no turnovers and a chance to win. That's good. Not bad.

this, just way to many haters

That's not it at all. I'll explain what happened. The Niners won a game against the Seahawks in which Alex did a good job of managing but nothing spectacular. Then someone feels the need to start a thread for no reason other than to say in-your-face to all of us who doubt Alex's abilities. Since Alex didn't have a great game but instead a well managed game against an awful team, naturally people were gonna respond expressing that this game in no way erases our doubts about Alex. If you have a problem with the "haters," blame the OP for starting an I-told-you-so thread for no reason.
Originally posted by aman49:
To quote Jim Harbaugh after the game... "blue collar quarterback"

Didn't he say "Offense was in a blue-collar type of mod"?
Smith did what he had to do. In a very short offseason I wasnt expecting big numbers. But the dude treated the ball with respect and didnt turn it over, the O-line did its job to keep Smith up right through most of the game. Cant complain really.
Originally posted by KID9R:
I like how you spaz after being proven wrong. That fact you misunderstood during the game was the commentator saying they had two remaining starters since Pete took the job.

Spaz was a character in the movie "Meatballs". I don't spaz and as for misunderstanding you did a fair job of doing that in regard to my post. But if it makes you feel better you totally showed me. Now have a beer and enjoy your night you awesome interneter you.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by KID9R:

Spaz was a character in the movie "Meatballs". I don't spaz and as for misunderstanding you did a fair job of doing that in regard to my post. But if it makes you feel better you totally showed me. Now have a beer and enjoy your night you awesome interneter you.

So you're good at movie trivia. Spaz/spastic also has a few other legitimate connotations. You were proven wrong. What's your deal?
This thread needs to be locked like all the other Alex threads, like him or not. I watched the whole game today and the only thing I can say is he (Alex) didn't turn the ball over. Other than that he stared the WR's down almost every play. Same old piss poor over and under throws. If this the QB performance you want to brag about you have VERY, VERY low QB expectations my friend. I'm going to tell you just like the guy who came up with the old QB rating system said on SIRIUS radio, "My rating system is "NOT" intended for single game performances. It is intended as a tool to rate the "WHOLE SEASON". His words not mine.
Hmm I did not see him staring down reciecers, I saw many times where he is looking left then turns right and throws.

And then he had3 good throws that were incompletions, the deep one to vernon the overthrow to braylon in the endzone, and the fade to braylon(PI call).
He did several check downs but there were no deep route options, and it had a few where he left to the next read a 1/2 sec to early but as they get the timing down that should clear itself up.
This is pathetic. We are so busy going on one side or another with an Alex thread, it is like another team's fans are here trolling.....

WE WON! At least wait for a loss before continuing the same old arguments....guess what? I dont see either side of the Alex debate changing their mind. I am not about saying everything is great all the time, but I do like to have some hope and optimism. Why else be a fan?
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
This thread needs to be locked like all the other Alex threads, like him or not. I watched the whole game today and the only thing I can say is he (Alex) didn't turn the ball over. Other than that he stared the WR's down almost every play. Same old piss poor over and under throws. If this the QB performance you want to brag about you have VERY, VERY low QB expectations my friend. I'm going to tell you just like the guy who came up with the old QB rating system said on SIRIUS radio, "My rating system is "NOT" intended for single game performances. It is intended as a tool to rate the "WHOLE SEASON". His words not mine.
Hmm I did not see him staring down reciecers, I saw many times where he is looking left then turns right and throws.

And then he had3 good throws that were incompletions, the deep one to vernon the overthrow to braylon in the endzone, and the fade to braylon(PI call).
He did several check downs but there were no deep route options, and it had a few where he left to the next read a 1/2 sec to early but as they get the timing down that should clear itself up.

this i dont think i saw him stare down a reciever once i dont think he had 1 over or under throw can u tell me because i really dont know when he did either

the only reason why there were so many short passes because like harbaugh said the offense hasnt grasped the whole playbook yet and they were no deep options

i saw only 4deep play gaecalling 2 of them were complete (one to morgan one to VD)

oe should have been a PI when that guy jumped on VD back
other ginn was covered so he threw it to his secondary option

other than that most plays were designed other than 10 yards
Alex did just enough for the 49ers to loose the game.

When your run game does not show up.....your qb needs to carry the team.....

Ted Ginn saved the opener.

Smith did not show anything new.....this performance could have come from any season other then his rookie season.

Originally posted by Dshearn:
Alex did just enough for the 49ers to loose the game.

When your run game does not show up.....your qb needs to carry the team.....

Ted Ginn saved the opener.

Smith did not show anything new.....this performance could have come from any season other then his rookie season.

15 for 20, 2 tds and no turnovers.....
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
We have incredibly low standards for a good game from a QB.

This is what a decade of mediocrity does to a fan base. A bunch of settlers.
[ Edited by obx49 on Sep 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this i dont think i saw him stare down a reciever once i dont think he had 1 over or under throw can u tell me because i really dont know when he did either

the only reason why there were so many short passes because like harbaugh said the offense hasnt grasped the whole playbook yet and they were no deep options

i saw only 4deep play gaecalling 2 of them were complete (one to morgan one to VD)

oe should have been a PI when that guy jumped on VD back
other ginn was covered so he threw it to his secondary option

other than that most plays were designed other than 10 yards

He had a few where the person had to reach up, he had the one I mentioned to braylon but I think that was international, he was throwing a ball that only brsylon had a chance at. But he showed amazing touch on a few and zip on others. You can't really blame him for the lack if 3rd down conversions as most were runs, same with the redone, though he missed a few reciecers that came open.
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
We have incredibly low standards for a good game from a QB.

This is what a decade of mediocrity does to a fan base. A bunch of settlers.

Some games, it's what the qb didn't do that makes the difference, not what he tries to do. Phil Simms made a very good career playing that way on consistent basis.
I don't understand why people are so upset over the check downs. We heard from Harbaugh, Smith, and even Montana that we should EXPECT the "check downs" as the short passing game is part of the game plan. Sometimes the "check down" is actually the 2nd read. Someone can post the link but even Montana commented on this saying fans need to be patient as this offense develops. He also mentioned something re: check downs. Some of our BEST plays in the 80s and 90s came off check downs. Once this offense gets clicking...you'll see those check downs turn into big plays as we do a better job of scheming and getting these players in space.
Share 49ersWebzone