There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

90.4

Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:


15 for 20, 2 tds and no turnovers.....

He had 2 tds?

Don't make eye contact and back away slowly.......


There is no telling what they are capable of after then start inventing stat lines.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Sep 11, 2011 at 9:00 PM ]
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 16,927
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by obx49:
This is what a decade of mediocrity does to a fan base. A bunch of settlers.

And this is what happens after 2 decades of amazing happens to a fan base, unrealistic standards.

Yea its really unrealistic to have your team have at the very least a winning season, f**k the playoffs, just a measly 9-7 record.

You do realized we won the game 33-17 right...? Being critical doesn't make you any smarter than the rest of us. It just makes you more repetitive and tired.

We beat the Seahawks, man not the Patriots or the Packers. Talk to me next week when we play a real team.


pahlease!

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Smith did enough to lose?

Damn right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That pick he threw under two minutes to set up the game winning FG killed us. And that fumble he had at the 1yd line took points off the board.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Smith did enough to lose?

He should have passed that, just to make the redzone happy that the stat line would say 1 td.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by fister30:
I don't know if A. Smith was checking down to extremely short passes or if Harbaugh by design didn't let him go downfield today.

If the niners were facing anything longer than 3rd and 6 they ran the ball. If this does not illustrate the lack of trust in Smith throwing the ball I don't know what will. Smith missed a wide open Vernon davis and Braylon Edwards for possible touch downs. Smith didn't see a couple of other WR's for possible big gains because he was too busy throwing a two yard pass.

A. Smith was horrible today. I was surprised that he had over 100 yards with all of the short passes today. Three of his completions were for negative yards. The team would have been better off with Smith throwing the ball away or going down field for those plays.

In short the defense and Ginn won the game today.

(headscratch) when did he miss vernon on a pass? And when did he miss braylon? On the ball that was a throw away over 3 defenders?

Braylon beat his cornerback and had position on him. There are several other QB's in the league that could have completed that pass. And he led Vernon too much on one of the few times he attempted a pass longer than 5 yards. I can add one more, on the play towards edwards in the endzone, it was a bad pass. The 9ers got lucky that the defender grabbed Edwards because it was a bad throw by smith.

This performance may have been driven by the coaches in limiting alex but in the few spots he could have made a play alex didn't. I hope the 49ers open up their passing game or gore will be facing 8 in the box all year.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
No, I mean Alex.

I've decided to lower my standards and treat him as a rookie QB. (As he essentially is in Jim Harbaugh's system)

Lowered standards = lesser expectations = harmony


High Standards = Win
Low Standards = Win is not enough
Very Low Standards = I want us to lose so our QB looks bad and then we will get a new QB who may or may not play better but has a different name...and maybe a different number.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Under the circumstances, our rookie QB played very well today.

We get it! No need to re-post 1000 times!

and I'm any different from every other poster on either side of this argument, how?

I'm making a fresh approach, if you look at it.
Originally posted by fister30:
Braylon beat his cornerback and had position on him. There are several other QB's in the league that could have completed that pass. And he led Vernon too much on one of the few times he attempted a pass longer than 5 yards. I can add one more, on the play towards edwards in the endzone, it was a bad pass. The 9ers got lucky that the defender grabbed Edwards because it was a bad throw by smith.

This performance may have been driven by the coaches in limiting alex but in the few spots he could have made a play alex didn't. I hope the 49ers open up their passing game or gore will be facing 8 in the box all year.
Did Vernon Davis have alligator arms?
Originally posted by susweel:
124 passing yards.

This.

did anybody see cam newtons numbers today? looked better than alex smiths entire rookie season numbers (9 games) except for having half the yards. The panthers are a very bad team too just like we were.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:


15 for 20, 2 tds and no turnovers.....

He had 2 tds?

Don't make eye contact and back away slowly.......


There is no telling what they are capable of after then start inventing stat lines.

You may be on to something. Adding positive stats, erasing bad stats. Pretty incredible stuff.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:


15 for 20, 2 tds and no turnovers.....

He had 2 tds?

Don't make eye contact and back away slowly.......


There is no telling what they are capable of after then start inventing stat lines.

Oops. I was thinking one on the ground and one in the air. Make that one TD. My point still stands.
Originally posted by fister30:
Braylon beat his cornerback and had position on him. There are several other QB's in the league that could have completed that pass. And he led Vernon too much on one of the few times he attempted a pass longer than 5 yards. I can add one more, on the play towards edwards in the endzone, it was a bad pass. The 9ers got lucky that the defender grabbed Edwards because it was a bad throw by smith.

This performance may have been driven by the coaches in limiting alex but in the few spots he could have made a play alex didn't. I hope the 49ers open up their passing game or gore will be facing 8 in the box all year.


Of course, if the defender had not grabbed Edwards, Edwards would have been a yard further toward the ball and it would have hit his outside shoulder...er...wait...the ball was spinning funny...and it had spit on it from the center that the QB failed to wipe off...and...well...Alex sucks!
Originally posted by susweel:
and counting.

Strait pimping yo !!!


Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by susweel:
124 passing yards.

I was waiting for you


s**t I could have had that kind of rating if all I did was check down passes.

Posts: 26,980


and counting.

Strait pimping yo !!!

I'm pretty sure he is implying your poster rating is garbage after 26,980 posts. Your career as a poster is the equivalent of Jamarcus with more longevity!
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Smith did enough to lose?

Damn right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That pick he threw under two minutes to set up the game winning FG killed us. And that fumble he had at the 1yd line took points off the board.

Smith is not in the same league as Romo, a Probowler. Like I said, some games, it's what the qb didn't do to give us a win, not what he tries to do that loses the game.
Originally posted by CHAMBAZ:
Originally posted by susweel:
and counting.

Strait pimping yo !!!


Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by susweel:
124 passing yards.

I was waiting for you


s**t I could have had that kind of rating if all I did was check down passes.

Posts: 26,980


and counting.

Strait pimping yo !!!

I'm pretty sure he is implying your poster rating is garbage after 26,980 posts. Your career as a poster is the equivalent of Jamarcus with more longevity!


personal attack