There are 183 users in the forums

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Originally posted by susweel:
personal attack

Quite honestly, I would say there is some truth behind it though.
Originally posted by CHAMBAZ:
and counting.

Strait pimping yo !!!

Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by aman49:
124 passing yards.

I was waiting for you

s**t I could have had that kind of rating if all I did was check down passes.

and counting.

Strait pimping yo !!!

I'm pretty sure he is implying your poster rating is garbage after 26,980 posts. Your career as a poster is the equivalent of Jamarcus with more longevity!

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

15 for 20, 2 tds and no turnovers.....

He had 2 tds?

Don't make eye contact and back away slowly.......

There is no telling what they are capable of after then start inventing stat lines.

Oops. I was thinking one on the ground and one in the air. Make that one TD. My point still stands.

That he needed 20 pass attempts to reach the mid 120s in yardage and scored 1 time.

This is "classic" Alex smith against a crap team.

Thank god for Ginn .......
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
personal attack

Quite honestly, I would say there is some truth behind it though.

And your opinion really matters to me.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by fister30:
Braylon beat his cornerback and had position on him. There are several other QB's in the league that could have completed that pass. And he led Vernon too much on one of the few times he attempted a pass longer than 5 yards. I can add one more, on the play towards edwards in the endzone, it was a bad pass. The 9ers got lucky that the defender grabbed Edwards because it was a bad throw by smith.

This performance may have been driven by the coaches in limiting alex but in the few spots he could have made a play alex didn't. I hope the 49ers open up their passing game or gore will be facing 8 in the box all year.

Of course, if the defender had not grabbed Edwards, Edwards would have been a yard further toward the ball and it would have hit his outside shoulder...er...wait...the ball was spinning funny...and it had spit on it from the center that the QB failed to wipe off...and...well...Alex sucks!

Alex is a below average QB. The o line gave him plenty of time to throw the ball today. Alex didn't throw a pick, so this is as good as it gets for Alex? Maybe Seattle has a great pass defense? Or Maybe Alex is more of problem than only a few people are willing to admit.
That he needed 20 pass attempts to reach the mid 120s in yardage and scored 1 time.

Yes, thank god for Ginn because they only win 19-17 without his TDs! Whew, that would be terrible!
Braylon beat his cornerback and had position on him. There are several other QB's in the league that could have completed that pass. And he led Vernon too much on one of the few times he attempted a pass longer than 5 yards. I can add one more, on the play towards edwards in the endzone, it was a bad pass. The 9ers got lucky that the defender grabbed Edwards because it was a bad throw by smith.

This performance may have been driven by the coaches in limiting alex but in the few spots he could have made a play alex didn't. I hope the 49ers open up their passing game or gore will be facing 8 in the box all year.

The PI one to braylon I am not sure of, the angle I had on it gave me no depth.
But I think I know the VD one you are talking about, VD got grabbed early, let up, then saw the ball coming his way and got grabbed again. It is one that appears to be a bad pass but was almost identical placement as the ons to Morgan that he jumped for.

I also mentioned one to braylon that was overthrown in the endzone. I think it was intentional, similar to the catch. Throw it up so only your big guy can get it or it goes out of the endzone. The big error on that is I think he put way to much zip on it.

He also threw a back shoulder "fade" to braylon where the defender got called for PI but same as the other one I can't reallyjudge that play. My seat were 18 rows from the field at the goalline. So I had an amazing view of AS TD run, I was celebrating as soon as he rolled out.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Did Vernon Davis have alligator arms?

He heard footsteps like a b***h. I love VD but that was bs!
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
No, I mean Alex.

I've decided to lower my standards and treat him as a rookie QB. (As he essentially is in Jim Harbaugh's system)

Lowered standards = lesser expectations = harmony

High Standards = Win
Low Standards = Win is not enough
Very Low Standards = I want us to lose so our QB looks bad and then we will get a new QB who may or may not play better but has a different name...and maybe a different number.

Not quite sure what I posted and what you are posting are related.
124 yards isn't going to cut it against Dallas. Captain check-down strikes again.

Yes, thank god for Ginn because they only win 19-17 without his TDs! Whew, that would be terrible!

Don't try to debate with someone from the future........
90.4? I have a better stat...

1-0

Of course, if the defender had not grabbed Edwards, Edwards would have been a yard further toward the ball and it would have hit his outside shoulder...er...wait...the ball was spinning funny...and it had spit on it from the center that the QB failed to wipe off...and...well...Alex sucks!

Alex is a below average QB. The o line gave him plenty of time to throw the ball today. Alex didn't throw a pick, so this is as good as it gets for Alex? Maybe Seattle has a great pass defense? Or Maybe Alex is more of problem than only a few people are willing to admit.

...and he has bad breath! Just because the 9ers won doesn't mean we should be happy fans! No, hating Smith is way more important than enjoying a silly win. Why, if he wins every game this year it will be really terrible because they will sign him to a long term contract and we won't be able to get a new unknown QB to replace him. If we are really unlucky he will lead the 9ers to a super bowl or two and really drive us crazy.
Originally posted by Montana19:
Montana is my forum name....Sorry im Spoiled i watched this team threw the 80s and early 90s and unfortantly since 2005 as well , i was even one of you fanboys that hurried and bought my Alex Smith jersey the moment he was drafted and i wore it proudly until after his first start and i havent put it back on since and wont until he actually proves something more then a few good games here and there.....CONSISTENCY never hurt anyone.

I understand. You began in the 80's. That would warp any fan. People don't realize how extraordinary those 20 years between '81 and 2000 were in NFL history. I don't think any team has ever had such a long consistent record of winning, especially the 15 years between 81 and the mid 90's. I saw my first Niner game as a grammar school kid in 1957. So, I've seen them down, up, down, up, way down, way up and back to way down again. But really, has there ever been any NFL team with two Hall of Fame QB's on the same roster? Has there ever been a team with two in a row? If Rogers continues to be great, that will happen again, but you just can't expect it to happen because it's extraordinary. I'll be very happy if Smith grows into this system and starts throwing 300 yard, 2-3 TD games. When and if that happens, I expect a lot of the haters will turn into believers. I guess what always amazes me, though, is how people take his failure personally and let it grow into this persistent hate for the young man. I always root for the Niners QB. I always hope for the best for whomever is QB for the Niners. In the case of Alex Smith, it's easy for me because he's a genuinely good guy and a gamer. He takes hits, he comes back and plays with a dislocated throwing shoulder, he doesn't complain, he doesn't b***h out his linemen when he gets sacked and he shows commitment to the franchise. That doesn't make me a "fanboy." I've never worn any player's jersey. It's easy, especially after these last ten years of failure, to predict failure, but what's the point? Most teams will fail every year. It's not a bold prediction to say the Niners won't make the playoffs. That doesn't mean someone is smart. All it means is that he's making a safe prediction. I'm hoping for surprises. I'm hoping for the best. That's not wearing rose colored glasses. It's simply hoping for the best and being a positive as possible.
No, it was a bad pass. There should have been illegal contact on the defender but Alex threw the ball too far for Vernon to track it down. I was impressed that Alex threw the ball to the proper shoulder (Vernons) but the pass was 5 yards too far.

Ill say it again (not in frustration) that VD gave up early on that play, that last post took so long cause I am on my phone.
Share 49ersWebzone