There are 288 users in the forums

Nice win, but I'm still not happy about the play calling!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
I love how when we lose a game it's always Alex Smith's fault but when we win it is never credited towards him and always credited towards the defense and special teams.

We WON and they are still blaming Alex Smith and jumping on him. It's reached such a level of absurdity that they don't even realize it. Just step back and look at this and think about it.....

tell me about it, I swear some of these people would b***h and complain if they won the lotto.
I love how when we lose a game it's always Alex Smith's fault but when we win it is never credited towards him and always credited towards the defense and special teams.

We WON and they are still blaming Alex Smith and jumping on him. It's reached such a level of absurdity that they don't even realize it. Just step back and look at this and think about it.....

tell me about it, I swear some of these people would b***h and complain if they won the lotto.

Romo and Cam Newton looked real flashy today with all their deep throws and good stats. But they came out with a "L." And their teams are 0 - 1. 0.000 winning percentage. Would these guys rather have a pretty QB and that?....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship.
at least we won and we looked good doing it. still no high expectations but this team has a future with the new coaching staff. the good thing was i could not predict the play calling unlike last year. enjoy it dont hate on it.
  • Veteran

Romo and Cam Newton looked real flashy today with all their deep throws and good stats. But they came out with a "L." And their teams are 0 - 1. 0.000 winning percentage. Would these guys rather have a pretty QB and that?....

Way too many kids in the zone.
Some of our fans are delunsional. You will NEVER agree with every played that is called during a game. They had a game plan and they stuck to it.

I thought some of the plays were very creative. Loved them. Sure i didn't agree with the 2 runs early in the game on 3rd down but i'm never going to agree with all the plays.
It amazes me how people can hear from so many experts that no OTAs will affect things - yet they complain when we win. I know it was just the Seahawks, and we have MUCH tougher matches ahead.

But coaching is all about development. Build from a solid foundation, then expand from there. Today our defensive foundation was so strong we didn't have to expand much on offense.

Having so many field goals instead of TDs is a little disappointing but they are still points on the board.

But my main point is the coaching - so many times recently we have made NO PROGRESSION through the season. The judgement of the coaching and playing staff comes down to getting better as the season goes on. IF we get to game 8 and we are still calling same offensive plays as today, then that would be cause for complaint.

But no one makes the playoffs in week one. Teams that lost this week will make it. Teams that won this week will not make it.

We have the solid foundation in place. There were different line ups and looks from the offense. There was nothing close to giving up a turnover. There were no sacks allowed - although admittedly too many plays went for a loss. We also now have good looking special teams.

Lets see how weeks 2, 3, 4... go, before judging how things are looking.

But where is the fun for many without jumping to conclusions???
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
It's never about winning and losing with 49ers fans. It's HOW you win. Harbaugh is a rookie HC, who did not have a full offseason to implement his offense and he doesn't have a QB (yeah I know he CHOSE Alex) to run it. A good coach plays off a team's strengths until he can address/fix the weaknesses. That would be defense/STs. It's Ravenesque, but that's how they are going to have to win until the offense gets going.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
Some of our fans are delunsional. You will NEVER agree with every played that is called during a game. They had a game plan and they stuck to it.

I thought some of the plays were very creative. Loved them. Sure i didn't agree with the 2 runs early in the game on 3rd down but i'm never going to agree with all the plays.

this
shouldn't quick slant passes be some of the easiest plays to execute?? I didn't see many, if any, of them. wassup with that??

Can't wait for next Sunday.

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I was thinking the same thing when I read the title of this thread. Glad we won but the playcalling was horrendous at times. That's the one thing I thought would change the most this year. Hopefully it was like that because it was the first game. I'll give it a few more weeks.
I think we will open it up next week vs Dallas
I thought there was some good and some bad. All the runs on the goalline was ridiculous. The play where Adam Snyder lined up as an eligible receiver on 4th down and went in motion to draw Seattle offsides was brilliant(if it was drawn up that way.)

Overall, a win is a win but the offense does have some growing to do.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

actually, I would. We lost games even in our SB years. One loss means nothing. Shall I embarrass you guys by flashing Smiths' historical W/L ratio? It's roughly 1:2.
Originally posted by Shaj:
actually, I would. We lost games even in our SB years. One loss means nothing. Shall I embarrass you guys by flashing Smiths' historical W/L ratio? It's roughly 1:2.

I think he probably meant a qb with good stats for the day and a L. Not literally a better QB and a L.
Share 49ersWebzone