LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Nice win, but I'm still not happy about the play calling!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Baldie:
W was good.....but I hope they have a more aggressive game plan for next week against the Boys. Andre Ware is a beast at getting after the QB, this is where quick throws and the running game needs to be on track.

Who the f**k is that?
Originally posted by boogie:
Just feel that the offense could have done more. Too conservative. Does Harbaugh not trust Smith? Almost felt like Singletary was via satellite calling the plays. :|

me too!
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Baby steps brother, baby steps. Jim kept it simple in order to prevent any silly mistakes with a brand new playbook. Week by week new pages in the playbook will be turned.

Thread should have ended with this post. Glad to get a win over the division champs AND still play conservative while the offense gels and Harbaugh gets his feet wet. Good first win.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by obx49:
If you look at the play, they had a bracket defense on VD which means they had a CB on VD with the safety cheating to VD's side which allowed Crabs to be open. A good QB would have read that and would have known that Crabs would be wide open. Btw, there is no reasoning with you Alex Smith jockstrap sniffers. Its always excuse after excuse, hell some of you are even blaming Harbaugh which is really sad. Goodness!

LMAO, so you know that wasnt a bracket coverage lol...please continue talking, that was a sink covrage, just an FYI but please continue, not to mention Crabtree and Vernon were working in close quarters on their routes I.e an out/drag combo (hence the defense playing it as a sink) Alex probably read it as such saw an inside/ outside technique on the two of them effectively taking out both of their routes, (when played properly the db's simply would of switched the man they were covering, hence the reasoning for their inside and outside technique on the two of them) next read goes to gore, Smith hitches, reads and throws, EXACTLY like he should of. John Lynch an all-pro safety analyzedd the play 2 minutes after it happened and gave props to Smith but i suppose you know more about coverages then an All-pro safety as well? If you read my post about Alex this year i think it would be safe to say that I have been as harsh as anyone on the guy. but please continue and enlighten us with your madden talk.

That was sink coverage, huh? WOW!
Gore didn't have his typical game against the seahawks. Surprisingly my main concern about the line was pass blocking heading into the game and that area did a good job.

next week we will have to air it out against dallas
Even a baby would take a shot at the endzone with as many chances the 49ers had in the first half/redzone. 3 FG's that should have been at least 1 TD in that mix...at least 1 TD!

Vernon Davis was not bracketed.....
Complete 180 with the coaching. Correct me if I'm wrong, we opened up against Seattle last year and got demolished with no chance to win bc we made no adjustments.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Complete 180 with the coaching. Correct me if I'm wrong, we opened up against Seattle last year and got demolished with no chance to win bc we made no adjustments.

Not only that but we got took the points instead of fail on 4th and 1 twice if I'm not mistaken.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

It was one of two things, either it was man defense and a busted coverage on Crabs (which is very likely) or a bracket coverage where the CB is covering the receiver from the inside and a safety covering the same receiver from the outside.

Smith came out, led us to 5 scores (one of which he got himself), the lead and had a passer rating of 90.4. He did his job, and did it well. 15-20 is damn good when it gets you the victory.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I agree the play calling was a bit conservative. But IMO, I think Harbaugh will gamble more when Smith is much more comfortable with this offense. Smith did some good things today but he checked down a lot.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

It was one of two things, either it was man defense and a busted coverage on Crabs (which is very likely) or a bracket coverage where the CB is covering the receiver from the inside and a safety covering the same receiver from the outside.
Im pretty sure I just explained how it was a busted sink coverage above to which you laughed at then restated the same thing in madden terms, nice job continuing to be clueless. You clearly have no idea how zone techniques work, the fact that you even mentioned it possibly being man coverage is seriously laughable. But please instead of just making a one line post with no real football substance. Please explain how what I clearly laid out as the correct type of coverage was wrong, I.e how was that not a zone sink coverage? Correct answer you cant because that is exactly what it was, you arent explaining, the route combo in conjuction with the techniques played by the covermen, you are making broad sweeping statements that are blatantly wrong, it was a busted sink coverage. Please explain in football terms how that was not the coverage?
[ Edited by nvchamp9ers on Sep 11, 2011 at 7:41 PM ]

If this is how you people whine and complain after a victory then what will you be like after a loss?

Some of you guys are ridiculous.

This is getting old, the same old if we had Aaron Rodgers routine. Guess what, we don't. Funny thing, Mike McCarthy, the man that has developed Aaron Rodgers and our o-cordinator the year both Alex and Rodgers came out was fully invested on the decision to take Alex over Aaron, this has been documented in the past. Do I think Alex is capable of becoming a top five or even top ten quaterback in the NFL, absolutely not. However, I would be saying the samething about Rodgers if he had played behind the dismal o-line that Alex has during his tenure. The lack of quality outside weapons during the majority of his tenure. The changing of offensive cordinators just about every season during his tenure. But most of all the lack of quality offensive coaching during his tenure. These are not excuses but stone cold facts. Do you really think that Rodgers would be a pro bowler if he was having to learn a new playbook every summer. Rodgers has one of the best receiving cores as a whole in the NFL. Learned behind a hall of famer. Has A top notch o-line but most of all he has had consistent coaching his whole career.

It's obvious that this team is probably invested maybe 75 percent of it's time into the current playbook. Give this team time to learn the playbook, that includes every player on the offense then everybody can make their judgement calls but in the meantime for the love of God can we just enjoy the F-ing win that we got today wihout another Alex supporters versus Alex haters battle.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Willisfn4life.
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Baby steps brother, baby steps. Jim kept it simple in order to prevent any silly mistakes with a brand new playbook. Week by week new pages in the playbook will be turned.

Thread should have ended with this post. Glad to get a win over the division champs AND still play conservative while the offense gels and Harbaugh gets his feet wet. Good first win.

Amen!
Share 49ersWebzone