There are 140 users in the forums

steve young: i can see alex holding lombardi trophy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
dont know where this goes there is no alex smith thread

Ralph: "Can you envision Alex Smith holding the Lombardi trophy?"

Young: "I can... This is why I say this, I was coached by people who didn't understand offense and didn't teach it in a way that was really helpful to the quarterback... and you really don't have a chance... He's been dealing with people for 4-5 years that look at the quarterback position as just another place, just another guy and that is the worst way to ever get anything out of your quarterback."

http://www.knbr.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=K5mzyTch%2fMg%3d&tabid=1065

would also like to add something montana said

One of the things I've seen with Alex is that when he's been put in bad position with down and distance, (there weren't) many guys he could throw to without throwing 30 yards. There were times I looked and it's 3rd-and-18 and now he's got four guys going 20 to 30 yards downfield, so what do you want him to do? He's either got to throw it into traffic or take a sack or throw it away, so none of them are very good options.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/28/SP7L1KSMLU.DTL
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Sep 10, 2011 at 7:17 AM ]
I can see him holding it..... but winning it? No
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
the funny thing is, when Rice berates Smith, Rice is an old bitter retiree who knows nothing about football other than how to play the WR position. When Young gives Smith adulation, he is a savvy football analyst with shrewd insight. The Rice thread is locked, I'm guessing this one won't be. lol.
Originally posted by Shaj:
the funny thing is, when Rice berates Smith, Rice is an old bitter retiree who knows nothing about football other than how to play the WR position. When Young gives Smith adulation, he is a savvy football analyst with shrewd insight. The Rice thread is locked, I'm guessing this one won't be. lol.

who said that?

the fact is rice is a WR you take his opinions on WR position for qb you take qb HC opinions

its like wanting to be a doctor and then asking advice from a nurse ya the nurse will know a little about being a doctor but the nurse wont know as much for it to be a reliable source

i know weird example but only one i can come up with on the spot
Why? Has he been tabbed to replace this guy?

I think most people know why that thread was locked. The reason wasn't Rice.
Remember when Sing said QB is not the most important position on the field lol
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
who said that?

the fact is rice is a WR you take his opinions on WR position for qb you take qb HC opinions

its like wanting to be a doctor and then asking advice from a nurse ya the nurse will know a little about being a doctor but the nurse wont know as much for it to be a reliable source

A better analogy might be asking advice from a Cardiologist about the brain. He/she has had some training about the brain but they are not an expert.

QB's know QB's and WR's know WR's; that is why you will often see former WR's as WR coaches in the NFL and not QB coaches. You will also see former NFL QB's who are offensive coordinators or HC. I don't know of any former NFL WR's who are the later.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Why? Has he been tabbed to replace this guy?

Now that is funny and rather creative too!

who said that?

Boys have a penis...girls have a vagina.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
who said that?

A better analogy might be asking advice from a Cardiologist about the brain. He/she has had some training about the brain but they are not an expert.

QB's know QB's and WR's know WR's; that is why you will often see former WR's as WR coaches in the NFL and not QB coaches. You will also see former NFL QB's who are offensive coordinators or HC. I don't know of any former NFL WR's who are the later.

yup much better cant belove i didnt think of that but doctors and nurses
  • BobS
  • Veteran
who said that?

Has anybody noticed ex-QBs seem to stick up for their current brothers. They will either praise them or make excuses for them, rarely will they rip on them.
Originally posted by BobS:
who said that?

Has anybody noticed ex-QBs seem to stick up for their current brothers. They will either praise them or make excuses for them, rarely will they rip on them.

Well yeah, you'll rarely find a former athlete ripping on a current player unless that player unanimously deserves it like Jamarcus Russel. Steve Young is just being political. Most here recognize that.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Well yeah, you'll rarely find a former athlete ripping on a current player unless that player unanimously deserves it like Jamarcus Russel. Steve Young is just being political. Most here recognize that.

if that were the case woulnt he say he will do it because he is a talented athlethic qb etc. he went on and gave a reason that isnt being political thats genuine
Share 49ersWebzone