There are 148 users in the forums

Crabtree..whats with him and what would you like to do

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Crabtree..whats with him and what would you like to do

Originally posted by Lifer:
You "don't hear any other niners sticking up for him?" Really? I heard Joe Staley stick up for him. He said Crabtree was a hard worker and a good teammate. Both Matt Barrows and Grant Cohn have said that Crabtree's teammates seem to like him and that nobody on the team ever seems to have a problem with him. I think Crabtree is basically an introvert with an image problem. People outside the locker room are passing judgement on something they're not in a position to understand. Whether or not he was worth the #10 pick remains to be seen, but work ethic does not appear to be the issue. Feel free to judge his performance on Sundays, but why don't you let his teammates and his coaches be the judge of his character?

He's definitely not worth that pick. We have seen that. More of a mid 2nd to 3rd round guy on attitude, work ethic, durability, team player, sacrifice for the team. No way he was worth top 10.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 10, 2011 at 12:43 AM ]
these crabtree threads are now approaching alex smith status

btw..keep him & wait n see is the same thing
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Sep 10, 2011 at 12:52 AM ]
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You "don't hear any other niners sticking up for him?" Really? I heard Joe Staley stick up for him. He said Crabtree was a hard worker and a good teammate. Both Matt Barrows and Grant Cohn have said that Crabtree's teammates seem to like him and that nobody on the team ever seems to have a problem with him. I think Crabtree is basically an introvert with an image problem. People outside the locker room are passing judgement on something they're not in a position to understand. Whether or not he was worth the #10 pick remains to be seen, but work ethic does not appear to be the issue. Feel free to judge his performance on Sundays, but why don't you let his teammates and his coaches be the judge of his character?

He's definitely not worth that pick. We have seen that. More of a mid 2nd to 3rd round guy on attitude, work ethic, durability, team player, sacrifice for the team. No way he was worth top 10.

I agree that he hasn't produced like a top 10 pick so far, but I think the jury's out on any pick until at least the end of year three. Nevertheless, that was not my point. It's the character assassination that I object to. Don't like the player? Fine. Want to label him a bust? Fine. I agree he's been a disappointment. But what I can't understand are all the wild fantasies that attribute his lack of success to poor work ethic or some some sense of self importance.

No way we can judge that for sure yet. Not after not even two full season's worth of games. The kid entered the NFL after his sophomore season. Tons of room to grow still. After this season we'll have a much better picture. Crabtree should break out this year or next.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 10, 2011 at 1:03 AM ]
Let jim see if he's got it. i like the kid he's just not serious like jerry, it's his job, career and his money earn it like everyone else.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
No way we can judge that for sure yet. Not after not even two full season's worth of games. The kid entered the NFL after his sophomore season. Tons of room to grow still. After this season we'll have a much better picture. Crabtree should break out this year or next.

Crabtree is already a good player. He seems like a nice guy, always with a smile on his face. People take that to mean he has an ulterior, sinister motive, like Dr. Evil.

If the offense is always going three n' out, I don't know what the hell kind of numbers people are expecting from him. You can't put up 1,000 yards if your offense is punting the ball away. If our offense can stay on the field for more than 3 plays, than the kid will have a chance to do something. Now that we have Davis and Edwards, there might be even fewer footballs to go around. Combined with the fact that he has just gotten healthy, this "Crabtree is Dr. Evil" crap will probably go on for a least a few more weeks. (not aimed at OTC).
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 10, 2011 at 3:02 AM ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Crabtree has a very handsome smile
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Nothing wrong with Crabtree, the hate here for him is stupid. I am a big fan and he will be fine..... Unless we drive him out.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
We should give him at least 7 years, and if he still isn't good, then fire his coach.

Originally posted by Chief:
Nothing wrong with Crabtree, the hate here for him is stupid. I am a big fan and he will be fine..... Unless we drive him out.

Don't get it either. He still has the tools to become an elite receiver. He's just been playing for s**tty run first offenses with a mediocre qb
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bjghum:
He will never sign another contract to stay in SF. (we won't offer and he wouldn't want to stay anyway)

My magic 8 ball disagrees.
I want Crabtree to be an all time great, career 49er.

He's just not that fast, explosive or dynamic. He's a slow, high end possession WR. More of a #2. More of a 2nd round guy.

Crabexcuses.
Share 49ersWebzone