LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Crabtree..whats with him and what would you like to do

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Crabtree..whats with him and what would you like to do

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's just not that fast, explosive or dynamic. He's a slow, high end possession WR. More of a #2. More of a 2nd round guy.

I disagree with that san diego. I think Crabtree can become a #1 in the NFL if he works on it. He needs to show the dedication needed to be that guy though.

He's never going to be able to catch those back shoulder passes from someone like Aaron Rodgers if he doesn't practice with him for years. You need to have a connection to make those types of plays. IMO, Crabtree can't do that because he's rarely ever practicing in the offseason lol
Originally posted by Method:
I disagree with that san diego. I think Crabtree can become a #1 in the NFL if he works on it. He needs to show the dedication needed to be that guy though.

He's never going to be able to catch those back shoulder passes from someone like Aaron Rodgers if he doesn't practice with him for years. You need to have a connection to make those types of plays. IMO, Crabtree can't do that because he's rarely ever practicing in the offseason lol

Who is the slowest #1 WR in the NFL?
People always say Jerry was slow, but played fast.. Crabtree is slow and plays slow.
some people just can't let that holdout go. Take away the holdout and I bet you the perception of Crabs would be that he's a very good player who hasn't hit his stride yet and who has had some bad luck with injuries in the offseason.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since VD got a lot of hate that has pretty much disappeared once he had his breakout season. That will happen for Crabtree soon and then all this dumb threads can stop.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Clearly you have not paid much attention to what has been going on with Crabtree. There is not one ounce of truth to your assumptive projections of his character.

In other words, these ideas are simply not true, and there are MANY articles that answer all these questions you're asking, as well as posts discussing the matter. He doesn't say, "Little Camp Alex" .. he said "The little Alex Smith camp" as opposed to the big, real deal, NFL, all players, all coaches, legit Training Camp. That's ALL he meant. No one should read so much into those comments. People are taking the word "little" and projecting it to mean "Stupid" or something. Which is ridiculous. "Little" .. meaning small or minor. C'mon now.

* He did work out at Camp Alex before needing surgery on his broken foot.
* There are several articles with coaches or players not named Morgan praising Crabtree - Spencer was one of them.
* Guess who else was a Cowboys fan? Patrick Willis. Doesn't matter now.

The hate is just silly. All coming from pure speculation, and then people projection their speculations on him and start to act as if they are fact when there is zero proof to support these notions.

Why is there more thread after this post?

/thread
I'd like fans to stop expecting athletes to act by some ideal.
All this crabbing is about rumor, speculation and jealousy.
Stop the crabbing about Crabtree.
I have no problem with him missing camp and preseason games due to yet another injury. My problem is that he has a claptrap for a mouth. All of these little snippets at Alex are in no way good for the team. If he has a problem with Alex, he should go to Alex and talk to him man to man or keep his dam mouth shut. People can excuse his statements as misunderstandings but we don't get these things from any other player. He has not even earned the right to open his mouth at this point. Get onto the field, run the right routes, stop batting balls up into the air and then if you turn out to be half the player you seem to think of yourself, you can make comments. So far, he has shown little class as a person or teammate but instead has a I'm a diva and respect me attitude. Having said all of that, I really hope and expect him to make strides this year under Jim and the new WCO. Maybe once his production on the field improves his attitude will as well, heres hoping.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
some people just can't let that holdout go. Take away the holdout and I bet you the perception of Crabs would be that he's a very good player who hasn't hit his stride yet and who has had some bad luck with injuries in the offseason.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since VD got a lot of hate that has pretty much disappeared once he had his breakout season. That will happen for Crabtree soon and then all this dumb threads can stop.

Haters won't admit that unfortunately.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Haters won't admit that unfortunately.

it is very unfortunate. I thought his holdout was ridiculous, but once he hit the field and showed what he could do, I got over it, like a sane adult would. The kid is still super young and has had some bad luck and been on bad offenses and now we are going to get a better indication of what he can do for this team. This year might not be his "breakout pro-bowl" kind of year, because of the injury, but I feel pretty confident that he'll have his best season yet. I don't see why anyone would rather trade him than see what happens this season. Insane.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
More of a 2nd round guy.

five years from now or so, we'll be able to look back at that draft and really evaluate where players "should have gone." But to say that now is dumb. You act like we reached for Crabtree, like it was a dumb pick. The dude was universally thought of as one of the best players in that draft, and he FELL to us. We didn't reach for him--he fell. He should have been drafted higher, based on "draft science."

Like I said, maybe in five years we'll look back and say, "this is how the draft should have gone based on actual performance," and maybe Crabs will slip down into the second round. Who knows? But don't act like he was a reach. He fell in our laps and we gladly took him and everyone here was pretty excited, from what I recall, until like a bunch of bitter spinsters holding a grudge against the only penis they ever saw the entire fanbase turned on him for his ill-conceived holdout.

Agree with most of your post, but VD changed his behavior to a major extent. He was immature--pointing to himself, puffing. Now, he is a team oriented guy and his success has made him a vocal team leader.

Crabtree is being criticized unfairly but much of it he has brought upon himself. He is a quiet guy and doesn't say enough to overcome the speculation. Not his fault perhaps, because his injuries are real and identified as such by the team, but some many fans have a bad feeling about him because of his draft position and his not playing during preseasons. Many of us expected him to be dominant by now and he is not...yet.

This argument seems similar to the Smith arguments...albeit six years compared to two. Crabtree has a great deal of talent, and though his talents do not include self expression, he sould be given a break until we seen how his year with Harbaugh goes. Oddly, one of my disappointments with Smith is also his inability to articulate well. His comments are barely coherent at times and he is one of the worst public speakers among the QBs in the NFL. This has not helped his image, but isn't very important on the field of play.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM ]

This guy is horrible. He needs to go or show that he wants to be part of this team. I'd take my chances on Donnie Avery and let Crabtree earn his way onto the field.
well he will be another weapon when he gets back!
not injured!
grantcohn Grant Cohn
Michael Crabtree limps off the field after the game. His left foot is clearly bothering him. #49ers
25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Fantastic.
Originally posted by Genius1310:
grantcohn Grant Cohn
Michael Crabtree limps off the field after the game. His left foot is clearly bothering him. #49ers
25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Fantastic.

Share 49ersWebzone