LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Greg Roman's concerning remarks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Those remarks appear to be consistent with one another. They appear natural, not orchestrated or designed to deceive. They appear to be the truth.

but a really good lie appears to be the truth
Sing said we're gonna run the ball,
Harabugh says our preseason games are our playbook.

Sing said the truth, Harbaugh is lying. SImple as that.
What is surprising about comments like that from Roman? They have sucked offensively for a long time. New coaches are not coming in here overhyping themselves that they are going to get it turned around overnight.
Misinformation? Maybe.

Better than telling the entire league that your you're going to run the ball up the gut of the D before the season even starts.
After the low bar that Singletary set, our offense should be much more enjoyable to watch, even though the offensive line will be making some mistakes now that they won't be repeating latter in the season.

The big question is can we execute quick passes, and screens against the blitz? Given that Alex said he hadn't thrown a slant in the last 3 years, if we can do that, we can win the game offensively.

Looking forward to seeing what Roman brings to the table on Sunday.
dont get whats wrong.

Its true, lockout prevented coaches and players from meeting at all.
Originally posted by mebemused:
After the low bar that Singletary set, our offense should be much more enjoyable to watch, even though the offensive line will be making some mistakes now that they won't be repeating latter in the season.

The big question is can we execute quick passes, and screens against the blitz? Given that Alex said he hadn't thrown a slant in the last 3 years, if we can do that, we can win the game offensively.

Looking forward to seeing what Roman brings to the table on Sunday.

I'm sure we can execute them in practice but man, the speed and quickness at which Brees and Rogers were flinging those quick passes are light years ahead of how fast Alex gets them out.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
dont get whats wrong.

This forum has a lot of conspiracy theorists.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
dont get whats wrong.

agreed.
I'm not buying that he's putting out misinformation, but it won't matter because the offensive play calling and creativity will HOPEFULLY be improved anyways. We know at least that Roman and Harbaugh have a track record of trying to stay on the cutting edge of things. They might not have been able to implement everything they want, but I doubt they will be running 2 times up the middle (one of them being that play where Morgan goes in motion and stops behind the OT) then run a failed passing play(TE streak and WR run 10 yards combacks) which leads to a punt.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
dont get whats wrong.

agreed.

lol, people get mad when they don't get the kool aid they are thirsty for.
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
I'm not buying that he's putting out misinformation, but it won't matter because the offensive play calling and creativity will HOPEFULLY be improved anyways. We know at least that Roman and Harbaugh have a track record of trying to stay on the cutting edge of things. They might not have been able to implement everything they want, but I doubt they will be running 2 times up the middle (one of them being that play where Morgan goes in motion and stops behind the OT) then run a failed passing play(TE streak and WR run 10 yards combacks) which leads to a punt.

I heard when Harbaugh and company reviewed film from the Niners last 2 years of offense, it almost made them dumber and they had to quickly turn it off.

First they were like:

Then they were like:

I don't think its necessarily misinformation or the truth. It just is what it is. It's the NFL. No one really "surprises" anyone. He's probably trying to save face a little too. He'd be a bigger idiot to go out there and say, "oh yeah....leht mee tehl u guyz...we hav teh suhweet misteree playz lyk teh anecksashun of Oakland..."

If there is one thing you should do as a coach...is to go out there and confirm/deny something...or "declare" s**t ("WE WILL STOP DREW BREES!")
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
"We're a new group," Roman said. "I met most of these guys a month ago. We've had a shorter time frame to work with, and therefore we're probably not going to have the volume that you would normally have. I'm not sure we've been able to get anything together that is really going to surprise anybody. But you are what you are. We're going to do everything we can to win the game." http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=capress-fbn_49ers_offense-8094079
Is Roman already ?????

You think he's surrendering for telling it like it is? It takes more than a month to fully install and operate a new offensive system. Duh. This isn't Madden, just a bit more complicated than that.
dont get whats wrong.

*Shriek* how dare you bring logic and facts into this forum!!!! Oh the horror!
Share 49ersWebzone