LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Harbaugh Handing Out The Blue Collared Shirts!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by footballa8181:
Wow...Get off the guys back, I'm gonna laugh my butt off when Crabs starts to light it up with and you hatters get back on his jock. Just because the Kid doesn't like to be interviewed and seems like a diva to the public doesn't mean its true or that he is a bad player...the boys gonna be a stud this year and everybody will sing his praise, even the knuckle heads that are hatting at the moment.
You know what pisses me off about Michael Crabtree? It is the fact that he has not played a pre-season game in 3 years, but he certainly seems to be healthy enough to play during the regular season.

It may just be coincidence; however, I like guys who put in the hard work in practice, in the weight room and during pre-season. My perception is that he has poor work ethic.

Jerry Rice didn't have nearly the talent that most WR in the league had/has; but he out worked them ALL! That's what made him great.

So, basically; Crabtree needs to get a little more "Blue Collar" to show some respect for those who laid the foundation for him to have what he has today.

Maybe I am completely wrong about him, but until I see it on the field I will continue to dislike his piss poor work ethic.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Wow...Get off the guys back, I'm gonna laugh my butt off when Crabs starts to light it up with and you hatters get back on his jock. Just because the Kid doesn't like to be interviewed and seems like a diva to the public doesn't mean its true or that he is a bad player...the boys gonna be a stud this year and everybody will sing his praise, even the knuckle heads that are hatting at the moment.
You know what pisses me off about Michael Crabtree? It is the fact that he has not played a pre-season game in 3 years, but he certainly seems to be healthy enough to play during the regular season.

It may just be coincidence; however, I like guys who put in the hard work in practice, in the weight room and during pre-season. My perception is that he has poor work ethic.

Jerry Rice didn't have nearly the talent that most WR in the league had/has; but he out worked them ALL! That's what made him great.

So, basically; Crabtree needs to get a little more "Blue Collar" to show some respect for those who laid the foundation for him to have what he has today.

Maybe I am completely wrong about him, but until I see it on the field I will continue to dislike his piss poor work ethic.
He can practice on a broken foot and miss thenregular season instead. And Jerry was no Randy moss, but I wouldn't say that he doesn't have nearly the amount of talent as most NFL receivers. That's just ridiculous.
I actually think Crabs work ethic is not the issue.....I hear he has an outstanding work ethic.....he just works without the team.....I think its just the fact that he was our 1st round 10th overall pick, and he cant seem to stay healthy.....holdout on his rookie season didnt help his image out any, but the fact is that we would be a worse team without him, and thats a fact.....his teammates have said nothing but great things about him.....and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

Really?? your perception?? This coming from a guy who is NOT in the locker room, a guy who is NOT in the weight room, a guy who is NOT in the film room, a guy who is NOT in the meetings and a guy who is NOT on the practice field? Who cares

his TEAMMATES and COACHES, the ones who see him EVERY SINGLE DAY say he has GREAT work ethic, and he is a great teammate and puts in effort on the practice field and in the meetings

But you, some random joe, think he has a poor work ethic................... OOOOOkay

fair weather fans, I'll tell ya. When he starts lighting it up, you will be on his jock, guarantee it
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
http://twitter.com/#!/KingCrab15/status/111238360592416768

KingCrab15 Michael Crabtree
My work shirt... Blue collar yfrog.com/kgv2lsj

Good stuff
  • mod
  • Veteran
Those are great shirts... We wear the exact same brand where I work, except ours are black and don't have a silly name tag lol... Good for traveling, they never wrinkle.

Ya know what pisses me off about posts like this? There is no basis in fact of any kind.

He was hurt. Its verifyable.

He's lazy and has a poor work ethic? Bullsh*t. He GOT hurt in a VOLUNTARY mini-camp during a LOCKOUT where he had absolutely no obligation to be participating in. When he got hurt, he stayed and attended ALL of the meetings. The guy has such a poor work ethic that his conditioning has NEVER been an issue and every single 49ers player or coach had backed him.

The only people who spew this uninformed garbage are fans.

As for your final line...well, you ARE wrong. The guy works his a$$ off. Watch any 49er highlight real and you will see him sprinting downfield to block downfield for his teammates.

Michaels problem is that he is socially awkward and doesn't come off well to the media.
Originally posted by Sims84:

Really?? your perception?? This coming from a guy who is NOT in the locker room, a guy who is NOT in the weight room, a guy who is NOT in the film room, a guy who is NOT in the meetings and a guy who is NOT on the practice field? Who cares

his TEAMMATES and COACHES, the ones who see him EVERY SINGLE DAY say he has GREAT work ethic, and he is a great teammate and puts in effort on the practice field and in the meetings

But you, some random joe, think he has a poor work ethic................... OOOOOkay

fair weather fans, I'll tell ya. When he starts lighting it up, you will be on his jock, guarantee it

Well said!

Don't worry though, this mob will be dispersed by years end.
Boring shtick. I like the concept, but until it leads to winning I don't care. There are so many variety of winning styles, this hardly matters.

That being said: In Harbaugh I trust.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Ya know what pisses me off about posts like this? There is no basis in fact of any kind.

He's lazy and has a poor work ethic? Bullsh*t. He GOT hurt in a VOLUNTARY mini-camp during a LOCKOUT where he had absolutely no obligation to be participating in. When he got hurt, he stayed and attended ALL of the meetings. The guy has such a poor work ethic that his conditioning has NEVER been an issue and every single 49ers player or coach had backed him.

As for your final line...well, you ARE wrong. The guy works his a$$ off. Watch any 49er highlight real and you will see him sprinting downfield to block downfield for his teammates.

Michaels problem is that he is socially awkward and doesn't come off well to the media.

The one statement that made me absolutely roll was the "Jerry Rice didn't have as much talent" thing. You can only work so hard.. If you don't have it, you don't have it. You don't become the greatest of all time without having astronomical amounts of talent. The hard work fosters and gets the most out of that talent. Jerry Rice had the best of both -- highest amount of talent AND the greatest work ethic.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

The one statement that made me absolutely roll was the "Jerry Rice didn't have as much talent" thing. You can only work so hard.. If you don't have it, you don't have it. You don't become the greatest of all time without having astronomical amounts of talent. The hard work fosters and gets the most out of that talent. Jerry Rice had the best of both -- highest amount of talent AND the greatest work ethic.

Correct. Jerry had just as much talent, if not more, than anyone. He simply wasn't blazing fast.

Also, holding people to the Rice work ethic is ludicrous considering that ONLY Rice and MAYBE Walter Payton had it.

I think Crab is so unpopular for a couple of reasons.

1) The preconception before he was drafted that he was a diva. Never before the interview with the Browns did ANYONE talk about that.
2) The holdout. Bad decision on his part but more than that REALLY bad advice from his agent.
3) Unfortunate injuries before the season and unrealistic expectations.

What I find REALLY amusing is that these same peeps who are hating on Crabtree seem to LOVE Braylon Edwards. Braylon has been in and out of trouble with the law for several years and was very lucky to have no been suspended.

Crab has never been in trouble. Not once. He's simply socially awkward. I think thats the source of most of this. My personal opinion is that most of the behavior that people interpret as "diva-esque" is him simply being awkward and not saying anything to anyone.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 6, 2011 at 8:54 PM ]
Correct. Jerry had just as much talent, if not more, than anyone. He simply wasn't blazing fast.

Also, holding people to the Rice work ethic is ludicrous considering that ONLY Rice and MAYBE Walter Payton had it.

1) The preconception before he was drafted that he was a diva. Never before the interview with the Browns did ANYONE talk about that.
2) The holdout. Bad decision on his part but more than that REALLY bad advice from his agent.

What I find REALLY amusing is that these same peeps who are hating on Crabtree seem to LOVE Braylon Edwards. Braylon has been in and out of trouble with the law for several years and was very lucky to have no been suspended.

Crab has never been in trouble. Not once. He's simply socially awkward. I think thats the source of most of this. My personal opinion is that most of the behavior that people interpret as "diva-esque" is him simply being awkward and not saying anything to anyone.

I think you missed the most important reason of all; the perception that he just doesnt care to be a Niner and isn't that interested in the concept of "team."
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 6, 2011 at 9:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I think you missed the most important reason of all; the perception that he just doesnt care to be a Niner and isn't that interested in the concept of "team."

That too. It doesn't have any basis in fact tho. He's never said anything even remotely like that. I think the three misconceptions of him that I listed are what fuels the perception you are referring to.

Bottom line, and this is just my personal opinion as I have no rock solid evidense, he's just a different kind of dude who doesn't communicate very well. Look at his tweets...they are seldom more than 5 words. He just doesn't say much and often when he does say something its misconstrued as diva-esque. If everything I said was scrutinized like that, I wouldn't talk much either.

Perfect example....when he was asked about the QB situation this summer, he asked "Who's the Quarterback?". All I read the next day was how he was disrespecting Alex Smith. Um, he asked a perfectly logical question that many of US were asking at that moment.

Seriously. Its like people WANT to hate him. I have never seen so much negative attention heaped on a guy who says almost nothing.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 6, 2011 at 9:12 PM ]

Like I said in my reply; when I see Michael Crabtree performing on the field I will be happy. I said it was my perception, not reality. True, I am not in the locker room or at practice or whatever. I am just a fan like any other. I work my butt off at my job and I love to see NFL football players who work their butts off too. I love to see players like Gore, Willis, Davis, and Justin Smith. These are Blue Collar guys who put in the dirty work and perform on Sundays.

I am not a fair weather fan. I have cheered for and supported this TEAM since I started watching football in the early 80's. I am a season ticket holder and continue to drive my butt for 3 hours each way to cheer this team on! So, your statement about me being a fair weather fan is completely incorrect.

I will celebrate when Crabtree makes a good play for my 49ers; but, that doesn't mean that I am "all on his jock".

I don't like the fact that Crabtree has injuries during the pre-season. No, I don't think he is faking it. I JUST DON'T LIKE IT!

It is merely my opinion that Crabtree lacks work ethic. I could be completely wrong, but this is MY opinion.

I am not the only person to question Crabtree's lack of work ethic. Vernon Davis and Crabtree were separated at a practice once. It is widely believed that Davis ripped into Crabtree for is lack of effort during practice.

Do a search on Google for "Michael Crabtree lazy" and you will find several articles of others with the same perception as mine. I found this paragraph from a NinersNation writer that stated almost exactly what I just said.
"Now, clearly, my giddiness led me astray. Rice is the GOAT. End of story. But, I still don't think the giddiness was unwarranted, nor do I think so now. And this is why he is the most frustrating player on the Niners. He is easy to dislike. Not for that whole hooey with the media; I couldn't care less if he is a shy guy. What-evah. Rather, because I'm supposed to believe and I do believe that he has a poor work ethic.
I mean, he doesn't. Clearly. All of his teammates say that he is a workaholic. His ability to step in midseason from a lockout and produce shows that he is a workaholic. I know that he works hard. My brain understands this.
But in my precious heart of hearts, I don't believe that he does. I see a tweet or read an article, and my aorta is all of a sudden like, "woah, Right Atrium, bro. Crabtree doesn't work hard because somebody slightly hinted at it to Barrows, who didn't even say anything definitive about it." Then, my right atrium turns to my right ventricle and says, "hot diggity donuts and dill weed, did you hear that? He did skip preseason because he wanted to make more money and because he as a lingering foot injury since his college days..." So in my heart, I don't believe it.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/8/31/2395243/san-francisco-49ers-michael-crabtree-and-guilty-pleasures.

Like I said in my reply; when I see Michael Crabtree performing on the field I will be happy. I said it was my perception, not reality. True, I am not in the locker room or at practice or whatever. I am just a fan like any other. I work my butt off at my job and I love to see NFL football players who work their butts off too. I love to see players like Gore, Willis, Davis, and Justin Smith. These are Blue Collar guys who put in the dirty work and perform on Sundays.

I am not a fair weather fan. I have cheered for and supported this TEAM since I started watching football in the early 80's. I am a season ticket holder and continue to drive my butt for 3 hours each way to cheer this team on! So, your statement about me being a fair weather fan is completely incorrect.

I will celebrate when Crabtree makes a good play for my 49ers; but, that doesn't mean that I am "all on his jock".

I don't like the fact that Crabtree has injuries during the pre-season. No, I don't think he is faking it. I JUST DON'T LIKE IT!

It is merely my opinion that Crabtree lacks work ethic. I could be completely wrong, but this is MY opinion.

I am not the only person to question Crabtree's lack of work ethic. Vernon Davis and Crabtree were separated at a practice once. It is widely believed that Davis ripped into Crabtree for is lack of effort during practice.

Do a search on Google for "Michael Crabtree lazy" and you will find several articles of others with the same perception as mine. I found this paragraph from a NinersNation writer that stated almost exactly what I just said.
"Now, clearly, my giddiness led me astray. Rice is the GOAT. End of story. But, I still don't think the giddiness was unwarranted, nor do I think so now. And this is why he is the most frustrating player on the Niners. He is easy to dislike. Not for that whole hooey with the media; I couldn't care less if he is a shy guy. What-evah. Rather, because I'm supposed to believe and I do believe that he has a poor work ethic.
I mean, he doesn't. Clearly. All of his teammates say that he is a workaholic. His ability to step in midseason from a lockout and produce shows that he is a workaholic. I know that he works hard. My brain understands this.
But in my precious heart of hearts, I don't believe that he does. I see a tweet or read an article, and my aorta is all of a sudden like, "woah, Right Atrium, bro. Crabtree doesn't work hard because somebody slightly hinted at it to Barrows, who didn't even say anything definitive about it." Then, my right atrium turns to my right ventricle and says, "hot diggity donuts and dill weed, did you hear that? He did skip preseason because he wanted to make more money and because he as a lingering foot injury since his college days..." So in my heart, I don't believe it.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/8/31/2395243/san-francisco-49ers-michael-crabtree-and-guilty-pleasures.

Nobody said your perception was unique. We said it was wrong.

In fact, the reason you think what you do is because people who don't have a clue keep regurgitating things they don't know about.

Its the LAZIEST form of reporting. If you want to prove someone wrong, I suggest you don't quote some guy in a forum.

Somebody please post a facepalm pic.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone