There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How come nobody believes in this team?

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Alex Smith

Injuries to Bradford and Kolb may be our best chance at this point. Alex isn't good, no-one is arguing that, but our O-line has been worse .

But that being said, every year is a new year and expectations are almost never on par (unless your team has Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, etc.). We don't, so it's always a guessing game.
Originally posted by WWFGD:
<object width="500" height="304" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjgdBPGdL7E&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjgdBPGdL7E&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /></object></param>

The word EPIC doesn't even come close to describing this video.After watching that even I am ready to strap on the pads and go to batle. Hilarious vid,Great stuff WWGD.
Originally posted by MBniner:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
The NFL season is a crazy one. A multitude of surprises could happen with any team. I do believe in this team, I believe in the coach, and believe in a handful of the core players.

I don't believe enough was done to address the blocking, which is paramount to winning.

We've addressed the line with 3 first round picks over the last, what 4-5 years? And paying a bunch for a reported high-end center? The problem is talent evaluation. Our scouts and GM blow.

and Salari. I believe in a couple of the players on the line. Someone needs to fix our inability to pick up blitzes or pas protect. TEACH THE KIDS!
i will never count any team out in the pre-season, and that includes the niners, seahawks, bengals and whoever else. the reason people don't believe in the niners is:

1. we have sucked dick for the better part of 8 straight years
2. our offense has been arguably the worst starting offense in the nfl this pre-season
3. we have a new coaching staff and the players are having to learn a new system
4. our offensive line has looked 10 X worse than last years line which was mediocre on its best day

but i still feel like we can get to 10 wins. maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm right. of course, i believe we'll be good every year, and every year we are a disappointment :(
Two Words. Dare I say them?

This.
This is what you believe in ??????

Mostly I believe this is a coping mechanism for those that have had unrealistic expectations in years past and have become cynics in order to protect themselves from disappointment. I generally prefer to remain cautiously optimistic, but as they say, it takes all kinds.
Originally posted by susweel:

God Sus, did you have to bring up that game?
Why can't this team be 8-8? The team 2 years ago was 8-8 with an poor O-line, shaky coaching, and less talent at the skill positions.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Mostly I believe this is a coping mechanism for those that have had unrealistic expectations in years past and have become cynics in order to protect themselves from disappointment. I generally prefer to remain cautiously optimistic, but as they say, it takes all kinds.

Thank you Mr Freud.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I believe Harbaugh will put an effective offense on the field

I believe our defense will be decent

I believe our team is capable of winning 10 games

but I DO NOT believe in the Yorks...if the Niners are going to be contenders again, it will be when the Yorks are completely out of the picture ...

this doesn't compute for me. I'm not a fan of the Yorks whatsoever but I'm not sure how the first three points can be true if the last point is also true. I mean, what effect do the Yorks have on what happens on the field? If our offense is good and our defense is good and we're capable of winning ten games, what will the Yorks to do stop that?

Unless Jed decides midseason to insert himself as the starting nose tackle, I'm not sure he'll impact the wins/losses at this point.

The Yorks have the final say on everything..they are not capable of finding talented coaches and GM's ...Erickson, Nolan, Singletary ..Scotty M ....the more succesful owners have knowledge of the game and willing to spend money to make the team better ....Denise, Jed and Dr York have NO BUSINESS running a football team...the past 10 years should be enough evidence to show the yorks dont know what the hell they are doing
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Thank you Mr Freud.

I should bill you for the diagnosis.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
The Yorks have the final say on everything..they are not capable of finding talented coaches and GM's ...Erickson, Nolan, Singletary ..Scotty M ....the more succesful owners have knowledge of the game and willing to spend money to make the team better ....Denise, Jed and Dr York have NO BUSINESS running a football team...the past 10 years should be enough evidence to show the yorks dont know what the hell they are doing

I agree with this 110%. The Niners could have done so much more to land a better qb than the X factor. They should have flown the private jet to pick up Hasselbeck and showed him the money. Grooming Kaepernick is the #1 priority and I already think Kaepernick could win more games than Alex in 2011 simply because he can extend the play with his athleticism where the X factor cannot.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

God Sus, did you have to bring up that game?

Ok I change my prediction. 2-14
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home