LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 225 users in the forums

How come nobody believes in this team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Many probably think this team is "same 'ol, same 'ol", but what they may not realize is the big difference truly is Harbaugh. Joe Montana said it last week..."Niner fans will need to show some patience", or words to that effect. He struggled his first year under Walsh's WCO, but when the light went on, history shows it became one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history. This team actually has more talent than Walsh started out with, so I'm anticipating when the offense really gets JH's WCO down, they'll do well. But, in the meantime, patience is what we fans need to show. Understand, we're all tired of the losing...but, things will turn out different w/Harbaugh, I'm sure of that. Now that Gore's got his extension, I'd expect to see a heavy dose of him, Hunter, et al. The OL's more adept at run blocking at this point, so it makes sense to feature that, while mixing in some of the passing game. In time, the passing will come of age, just probably not right away. When it does, our offense should be solid.
I don't know if Harbaugh is a good coach. I don't know anything about him, save for the fact HE thinks he's a good coach and he gets snippy with the press. The only way to determine how good he really is are the results on the field and it's just too early to judge. He's had a month to install a new offense...hell, a new regime. How could anyone expect better than what we've seen so far? Of course the O-line looks terrible. They're starting from scratch and the Niners have played two playoff teams that run the same system for years. We're looking at kinks being worked out that should have been worked out in April. Everyone is panicking about how awful it looks. Yes, it is AWFUL. But it should be awful.
Well, I could see us starting 3-0, and I can't remember the last time we have actually done that. If we're competitive in week 4 at Philly then I'll believe in our team

I love Harbaugh's swag. I love how secretive and paranoid he is, and his crappy dirty truck. I love that he has a pen hanging around his neck instead of a cross. I love that the players like to play for him (erm, so far, at least. ) Even though it might blow up in our faces, I love the fact that the team has an attitude of "Wait until we show what we really can do." I love that Frank is happy, Crabtree is healthy, Brooks is emerging, that we have an improved secondary, improved WR corps, and that we appear to have had a really good draft this year. I love that despite the fact that we've had such a crappy decade I still feel like anything can happen this year.

Go Niners!
The NFL season is a crazy one. A multitude of surprises could happen with any team. I do believe in this team, I believe in the coach, and believe in a handful of the core players.

I don't believe enough was done to address the blocking, which is paramount to winning.
Seeing is believing. End of story.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
The NFL season is a crazy one. A multitude of surprises could happen with any team. I do believe in this team, I believe in the coach, and believe in a handful of the core players.

I don't believe enough was done to address the blocking, which is paramount to winning.

We've addressed the line with 3 first round picks over the last, what 4-5 years? And paying a bunch for a reported high-end center? The problem is talent evaluation. Our scouts and GM blow.
I believe Harbaugh will put an effective offense on the field

I believe our defense will be decent

I believe our team is capable of winning 10 games

but I DO NOT believe in the Yorks...if the Niners are going to be contenders again, it will be when the Yorks are completely out of the picture ...
I'm a optimist. I think Harbaugh and the staff wanna play it as vanilla as possible and then let it rip come start of the season. Yeah, the OL has shown weakness but I just think there's an entire different mentality between preseason and regular. When its time, they'll turn it on.
Originally posted by GoGetit:
And the Taylor MAys (Baalke) mis handling. The GM idiot of the year.

Do you ever post about anything but the fact that you are heartbroken and buttsore that poor Taylor Mays got disrespected by big bad idiot Baalke? You need to man up, accept that Mays was a wasted pick and marginal player and quit whining about it.

Originally posted by TheChozen:
I'm a optimist. I think Harbaugh and the staff wanna play it as vanilla as possible and then let it rip come start of the season. Yeah, the OL has shown weakness but I just think there's an entire different mentality between preseason and regular. When its time, they'll turn it on.

Most teams in the league are playing vanilla in preseason. Our coaches are the only ones who always hold their cards during preseason. Why are we so special in that our team will look completely different? It hasn't happened yet.

So far, weaknesses that were shown in preseason HAVE carried over into regular season.

Strengths we see in preseason don't necessarily transfer to regular season and this is what worries me the most.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I believe Harbaugh will put an effective offense on the field

I believe our defense will be decent

I believe our team is capable of winning 10 games

but I DO NOT believe in the Yorks...if the Niners are going to be contenders again, it will be when the Yorks are completely out of the picture ...

this doesn't compute for me. I'm not a fan of the Yorks whatsoever but I'm not sure how the first three points can be true if the last point is also true. I mean, what effect do the Yorks have on what happens on the field? If our offense is good and our defense is good and we're capable of winning ten games, what will the Yorks to do stop that?

Unless Jed decides midseason to insert himself as the starting nose tackle, I'm not sure he'll impact the wins/losses at this point.
Alex Smith
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL. What? Because there is nothing to believe in...

yup
positives we are by far the most talented team and best team in our division.

and everybody the rams have bad wr's avg ol avg qb....for now....horrible secondary and lb's and only 1 de. Basically a team with a good rb, de, guard and improving qb
sea has a bad defense on all levels, avg rb, avg qb at best, one good wr and one good olineman
cards above avg qb, great wr, no running game, a bad defense

some more positives Gore VD edwards crabtree willis smith (both) whitner rogers. We have easily the best D in the division and if our ol improves the slightest bit we will only get better. If gore stayed healthy last year we would of won the division bc the game against the rams is a shoe in with gore he always beats the rams, not to mention has Alex smith ever lost to the rams??????? so with a combo of gore remaining healthy for a few more games than last year and a coach that wont start a bad qb like singletary did, we will win the division with a below avg ol and an average qb because we are so good in so many other areas
Share 49ersWebzone