LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

How come nobody believes in this team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
The general consensus on this board is that we will finish with 6 wins or less. Now before I go on my rant, I am going to try and separate this thread from the rest. If I feel everything I am about to say has been said a million times, I will post it in the appropriate thread.

Disclaimer:
THIS IS A POSITIVE THREAD. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT THE 49ERS, JIM HARBAUGH, THE OL, THEN DON'T SAY IT AT ALL. THERE ARE ALREADY PLENTY OF NEGATIVE THREADS THAT STRESS HOW WE SUCK RIGHT NOW. FOR ONCE I WOULD LIKE TO SEE REASONS WHY THE 49ERS WILL BE SUCCESSFUL THIS SEASON.

Here are my reasons:

Jim Harbaugh has swag. Obviously we don't know if JH will be successful yet. We only have our gut feeling at this point. I feel that everything JH has done up to this point has been better when Nolan and Sing were in their first years. I can just feel it. Call it charisma or whatever, but when I watch his press conferences I can see in his eyes a "Just wait and see" mentality. Now I know what you're thinking, Sing said "Just wait" many times, but JH doesn't have to. His awkwardness at the podium, his upbeat tempo during TC practices shows me he knows what he's doing. I read an article that says JH would be denied the opportunity to have a well organized TC because of the lockout, not because he is a bad coach. I beg to differ though, I think he is that good of a coach that he is utilizing every minute of everyday to get better and thus having a great TC. Right now ninertalk is in a franzy because everyone seems to think Harbaugh is in over his head, he doesn't know what he's doing yet because he is a rookie HC, he doesn't know how to handle his players in pre-season games, and doesn't know how to handle the media. I actually like the way he handles the media. Often times Nolan and Sing said too much to the media to overhype our team and made us the preseaon favorites to win the NFC West every year, only to be bitten by reality by midseason. Nolan and Sing also had the mentality to be Pre-Season champs and win every game only to start 0-5 during the regular season.

Ladies and gentlemen, what we are seeing right now is the storm before the calm. Everything is in disarray, we look terrible in preseason, the OL looks regressed, the QB is the same, and JH is losing his credibility to some. But if you can walk outside and handle the high winds, the torrential downpour, the thunder and lightning and look up into the clouds, you will see the sun peeking through. You will see a team that is poised to make a run, and will fix EVERYTHING before week 1. You will see an OL that puts DL on their asses and Alex Smith (can't believe I went this long without saying his name) picking apart defenses. We all know he has the ability to given time. We will also see the little nuances JH has taught Alex this offseason (like side-stepping defenders, keeping his eyes down-field on the run) to make plays. Ofcourse Frank will be Frank and Crabtree will breakout. Edwards will be a great pickup for us and be that big play receiver downfield. Our weapons will be utilized to their full extent in Harbaugh's offense. Have some faith people!
Believing in the team isn't the problem. It is the fact that the last 8-9 years the team has let us down as fans. Now it has reached the point that fans are expecting horrible play throughout the season, especially when we see the performance that was put out on the field during the Saints and Texans games.
LOL. What? Because there is nothing to believe in...
Won't believe, lol.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Won't believe, lol.

Yeah has this guy seen the O Line play in preseason?...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Won't believe, lol.

Yeah has this guy seen the O Line play in preseason?...

we have an OLine
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
Believing in the team isn't the problem. It is the fact that the last 8-9 years the team has let us down as fans. Now it has reached the point that fans are expecting horrible play throughout the season, especially when we see the performance that was put out on the field during the Saints and Texans games.

My whole thing is, life is short and the football regular season is even shorter. Why be down on this team right now? They haven't even played a regular season game yet. Now if we start 1-4 or something like that, then yes by all means be upset. But JH has done everything different than the coaches before him. He seems smarter and has way more football knowledge. We got the #1 coaching prospect for crying out loud! Let it come to fruition. Give this team a chance before we dismiss them as a 4-12 team. For some strange reason I am happy we are stinking it up in the preseason. Get it out of our system now before week 1.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:

My whole thing is, life is short and the football regular season is even shorter. Why be down on this team right now? They haven't even played a regular season game yet. Now if we start 1-4 or something like that, then yes by all means be upset. But JH has done everything different than the coaches before him. He seems smarter and has way more football knowledge. We got the #1 coaching prospect for crying out loud! Let it come to fruition. Give this team a chance before we dismiss them as a 4-12 team. For some strange reason I am happy we are stinking it up in the preseason. Get it out of our system now before week 1.

It's called having realistic expectations. If you are expecting anything better than 8-8 then you need to put the crack pipe down. Honestly we will probably be somewhere around 6-10. There is to much stacked against us to have a playoff run this year.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
As for our OL, i'm taking the approach that they will get better. JH won't let them play like this. He knows just as well as we do that our OL is trash right now. But it won't stay that way. That is why i'm remaining positive about our team.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
It's called having realistic expectations. If you are expecting anything better than 8-8 then you need to put the crack pipe down. Honestly we will probably be somewhere around 6-10. There is to much stacked against us to have a playoff run this year.

Ok that's fine to be realistic, but isn't it ok to be positive as well? What if JH has a Mike Smith impact when he took over the falcons? Or a Raheem Morris impact at Tampa? Teams can come out of nowhere, and since we are low on the radar right now I don't see any reason why we cannot.

Ok that's fine to be realistic, but isn't it ok to be positive as well? What if JH has a Mike Smith impact when he took over the falcons? Or a Raheem Morris impact at Tampa? Teams can come out of nowhere, and since we are low on the radar right now I don't see any reason why we cannot.

We cannot because all 5 guys on the O Line can't block. I've never seen that before in NFL history. Worse O Line I ever seen.....
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We cannot because all 5 guys on the O Line can't block. I've never seen that before in NFL history. Worse O Line I ever seen.....

Honestly now, you really think they're worse than the 2004 OL when we went 2-14? They will get better, they just have to.
Honestly now, you really think they're worse than the 2004 OL when we went 2-14? They will get better, they just have to.

this is the worst OLine I have ever seen on an professional football team period!!!! Our QB's had defenders in their face during their 3-5-7 step drops and they were hit on damn near every play.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

Riddle me this. You appear to be one of those guys that predict 10-6 or 11-5 and a play-off run every year. How many times have you been right after the Yorks put their stamp on the franchise and canned Mooch? How many times have people like me predicting 6-8 wins been right? How many people in position of power do we have that have a successful track record in the NFL at their current positions? The most important members of the franchise are Owner, GM, Head Coach and QB. How do ours stack up against top tier teams?
The coaching staff on offence actually looks like they know how to coach QBs.
Share 49ersWebzone