Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
There was no crux. I said "for the most part, he improved". He has shown more than any QB in this division.

I'm sorry, but this was the crux of your argument. Statistically, it is incorrect.

No it wasn't. He had a slightly lower completion percentage and the INT/TD ratio was near the same. His yards increased, TD's increased. He only decreased in completion percentage. With only 3 more games played in 2010, he went from being sacked 3 times to 15 times. So in 3 more games, he was sacked an average of 5 per game more...yet he kept his stats comparable to the previous year.

He got worse in every meaningful statistical category... yards per attempt, touchdown percentage, interception percentage, touchdown to interception ratio....

How about you show me an area in which he actually improved?

I also find the fact that you keep coming up with excuses for his poor performance amusing.

You say he got worse and I say the difference wasn't by much.

Now you ignored that he got sacked 5 more times per game than the previous year yet his drop-off wasn't by much. That's not bad. Imagine Alex's stats if he starts 3 more games last year but gets sacked 15 more times. I have a feeling Alex Smith's numbers would be FAR below a 60% completion percentage.

You claimed he improved. I am merely correcting you on that fact.

You gave a set of statistics as evidence, but those statistics showed a trend opposite to your position.

Your excuses are not relevant.

How did this morph from some Scout Ranking to an Alex Smith thread?
It is perplexing that the Cards are not ranked to win this division. Kolb may be unproven but he has also shown what he can do for a team which is better than any other QB in this division and I'm not talking about ratings. I'm talking about willing his team to win...a leader.

I still don't think Bradford has proven he is a very good QB. In his 2nd year, with teams having more films to plan to his weaknesses as was the case the further last season progressed, he regressed.

Alex Smith is the 2nd best QB in this division but he has rarely shown to be able to will a team to a win and take over as the leader of the offense.

SEA, even though they won a playoff game, Hasselback was a huge reason late in the season for them playing stronger. They also lost their outlet QB safety player to throw to in Carlson for the year.

Wait a second, you have Kolb as some great QB? What has he done? Played in 7 games last year? Kolb is the most overrated QB in the league.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Posted this in another thread but its relevant. Right now there is no official game film on Harb's offense, its all speculation. He is not gonna do any coaches any favors in his first year by laying out his plans before hand on preseason TV, this isn't Sing. The lockout affected both evaluation and chemistry, evaluation is more important as the deadline for cuts was a month after they were allowed to practice, where as chemistry can continually be built.

Gotta give the man one full offseason before you can judge his questionable tactics. He doesnt want anyone to slip through his hands so he is willing to sacrifice some chemistry for evaluation purposes.
So we do well in Games 1 and 2 but then the offense will be seen by everyone and we don't do as well later in the year? It doesn't make sense. Do you want to hide your offense so you can perform better in the first 2 games or so...I mean, because after Game 1, the league will have seen your offense and it's downhill from there, right?

It doesn't make sense. If teams can gameplan against you by seeing the offense in preseason, can't they game plan just as effectively if they see your offense after Game 1?

This "o great o complicated system/hiding the offense" thing is WAY over blown. Teams with the most effective offenses have put time TOGETHER playing out that offense to perfection and adding onto it...not hiding it so they can show it for one big game. I could understand if we were playing in the SuperBowl next week, but come on!

Game plans change every week, but yes, Harbaugh doesn't want to show his hand at all before the season. Why would he, he is just evaluating his talent at this point, who give a crap about winning pre-season.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

How did this morph from some Scout Ranking to an Alex Smith thread?

It went to a Kolb thread for some reason.
ooops for these guys lol
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by susweel:
I have them in third place.

I can dig it. Hope for a magical season though like always. lol

FML

lol @ at Joecool gushing over Kevin Kolb, just lol
Anyone who predicted we would be 12-3 right now can go to the head of the table. Otherwise this thread is just shining light on some posters who were wrong. But we are all wrong at times so I am locking the thread.

And to Scout.com
Share 49ersWebzone