LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Scout.com has 49ers last in NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
St. Louis Franchise qb

AZ Kolb improvement over last years qb's

Seattle-?? seem better than the niners

Niners- If they signed HasselbecK i would have them in first, with the X factor they are in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. I think 3-13 is more realistic.
LOL I don't see how we would severely regress from last year. Last year we were 1-2 games (literally 2-3 plays) away from a playoff berth...with SINGLEBERRY as the HC!

Now with Harbaugh, better coaching, and equal (or arguably better players) with a better offensive system...we're going to go 3-13??

I think we'll sweep the Seahawks (2), sweep the Cards (2), and split the Rams(1) and pick up 3 games outside the division (Bengals, Browns, and Redskins/Lions/or just be someone's trap game). Seahawks have regressed. Cards look good now but I think we have their number. Rams are better but I think we can squeak out one win. I'm not afraid of the Bengals, Browns, or Redskins. Lions are winnable but their d-line is sick. But it's winnable. Giants MAYBE a winnable game. Depends on which Eli we get. If we get erratic "Elix Smanning" then we're ok. If we get SB Eli...then we're toast.

8-8.
We're def losing to the Rams once, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens, Bucs, and probably Cowboys. Cowboys is another one that could be a toss up. If our defense shows up..we could squeak one out. Doubt it..but it's slightly winnable. That's 6 or 7 guaranteed losses. I think we can definitely WIN 6 games...so it's a matter of picking up 2-3 wins (which we could have last year if it weren't for poor coaching/preparation/and injuries).

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect 7-9 or 8-8 if everyone stays healthy.
Originally posted by 9erred:
St. Louis Franchise qb

AZ Kolb improvement over last years qb's

Seattle-?? seem better than the niners

Niners- If they signed HasselbecK i would have them in first, with the X factor they are in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. I think 3-13 is more realistic.
Lambs-kinda agree
but have you watched the play of Kolb and Tavaris-they have had some of the same issues had with OL play, and when they did have time, they didn't look that good. They are both learning new systems on a new team.

Our Running game is looking good and the OL just has to gel on passing downs. I am glad that Goodwin is in there now, he has more experience. Snyder was getting beat and blown off the ball.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
We're def losing to the Rams once, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens, Bucs, and probably Cowboys. Cowboys is another one that could be a toss up. If our defense shows up..we could squeak one out. Doubt it..but it's slightly winnable. That's 6 or 7 guaranteed losses. I think we can definitely WIN 6 games...so it's a matter of picking up 2-3 wins (which we could have last year if it weren't for poor coaching/preparation/and injuries).

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect 7-9 or 8-8 if everyone stays healthy.

You may be right that we shouldn't be any worse than last year with improved coaching, but the talent in the NFC West was awful last year. This year, its getting better. I think the Seahawks will struggle like us, but the Kolb and Bradford seem to be better than any QB we have - therefore, they will more than likely finish with better records. Now you may be right about us beating the Cardinals (because we beat them with Warner) but...

I'm sticking with my PYMWYMI prediction - 6-10

Hopefully we don't tank that bad, but I don't have any confidence in this team right now, but than again, I did last year, and we fell right on our faces with an 0-5 start
Last year 49ers started 0-5 and ended 6-10. This year 49ers wont start 0-5 and have better coaching and better players.
I predict 8 to 10 wins
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Last year 49ers started 0-5 and ended 6-10. This year 49ers wont start 0-5 and have better coaching and better players.
I predict 8 to 10 wins

In game coaching, yes. Wether it is better between games is to be seen.

Note: installing a "better" offense than what Raye gave us doesn't make coaching better. So far, Harbaugh's actions in terms of preseason reps, chemistry among starters, and preseason preparation have been questionable.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
ESPN has us finishing in a tie for 3rd to last in all of the NFC and in a 5 way tie for 6th to last in the whole league. Drafting in the 6-12 range again lol. So we could easy be selecting as high as 3rd overall or as late as 15th.

Wonder who we could draft in that range?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6910543/nfl-previewing-game-plans-every-nfc-team

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6910543/nfl-previewing-game-plans-every-afc-team

EDIT:

Originally posted by Joecool:
Note: installing a "better" offense than what Raye gave us doesn't make coaching better. So far, Harbaugh's actions in terms of preseason reps, chemistry among starters, and preseason preparation have been questionable.

I agree, but it has a fairly good explanation with the shortened training camp and wanting to see as much of every as possible, but doing so the team's chemistry is put at risk and could set us back a game or two.

EDIT #2: I predict a 9 win season, fairly bold but I also wont be surprised if we take several steps back and finish 5-10 and pick in the 5-10 range of the draft again.
[ Edited by sfout on Aug 31, 2011 at 1:46 PM ]
I predict 8 to 10 wins

It's "questionable" because installations of systems normally takes more than 4 pre-season games. When in reality, the progress is on schedule.
I don't think the NFC west is that much improved really,

AZ: I'm not sold on Kolb after 7 starts... they paid/gave up WAY to much for him... AZ can't stop the run.

STL: Still need a receiver, but a good system (which they will have with McDaniels) can make an average receiver good. The only thing they could worry about is Bradford (who I think is good) not living up to the performance he had his rookie year.

SEA: TJACKS?!?!? Really? They downgraded in the CQ dept, BIG Time... I think they go from 1st to worst.

SF: We will have struggles, of course, new systems, new coaches, no off season... it won't be pretty, BUT I do believe it will start to click... I can see 7 or 8 wins, which could be enough ...

Originally posted by verb1der:
I predict 8 to 10 wins

It's "questionable" because installations of systems normally takes more than 4 pre-season games. When in reality, the progress is on schedule.

Exactly! Yet he hasn't shown any care to allow the starters to practice this new complicated system together for communcation/chemistry purposes alone. The only questionable starter one offense was Center and it is a little dissappointing that it took this much time for Harbaugh/Roman/Solari to see that the Probowler they JUST signed is better than the guy who's never played the position. I'm not even going to get into Alex Smith's reps with the offense and Braylon as the 2nd team.
No ones predictions mean anything. Until they play regular season games you have no idea how this team will respond from last season. I don't know why guys like Braylon Edwards and Donte Whitner would sign with SF if they thought we would not win more than 6 games lol
Spikes, Clements, J. Smith thought the same thing.
Posted this in another thread but its relevant. Right now there is no official game film on Harb's offense, its all speculation. He is not gonna do any coaches any favors in his first year by laying out his plans before hand on preseason TV, this isn't Sing. The lockout affected both evaluation and chemistry, evaluation is more important as the deadline for cuts was a month after they were allowed to practice, where as chemistry can continually be built.

Gotta give the man one full offseason before you can judge his questionable tactics. He doesnt want anyone to slip through his hands so he is willing to sacrifice some chemistry for evaluation purposes.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Posted this in another thread but its relevant. Right now there is no official game film on Harb's offense, its all speculation. He is not gonna do any coaches any favors in his first year by laying out his plans before hand on preseason TV, this isn't Sing. The lockout affected both evaluation and chemistry, evaluation is more important as the deadline for cuts was a month after they were allowed to practice, where as chemistry can continually be built.

Gotta give the man one full offseason before you can judge his questionable tactics. He doesnt want anyone to slip through his hands so he is willing to sacrifice some chemistry for evaluation purposes.
So we do well in Games 1 and 2 but then the offense will be seen by everyone and we don't do as well later in the year? It doesn't make sense. Do you want to hide your offense so you can perform better in the first 2 games or so...I mean, because after Game 1, the league will have seen your offense and it's downhill from there, right?

It doesn't make sense. If teams can gameplan against you by seeing the offense in preseason, can't they game plan just as effectively if they see your offense after Game 1?

This "o great o complicated system/hiding the offense" thing is WAY over blown. Teams with the most effective offenses have put time TOGETHER playing out that offense to perfection and adding onto it...not hiding it so they can show it for one big game. I could understand if we were playing in the SuperBowl next week, but come on!
Share 49ersWebzone