There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A big Implosion?

Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
You are?

I though you were too busy looking for anyone to say something bad about Smith that you didn't even know Hargaugh was our HC...

lmao...I haven't even been here that long and noticed how butt-hurt oldman gets when anyone says anything about Alex Smith, that is the least bit negative...him and a few others, not going to mention any names...*cough * Lambda *cough*

I gotta defend Lambda. He wants Alex to succeed but calls him out when he shows suck. He's a little more patient than most of us but realizes that Alex is more likely not to have "it" than to come out guns blazing.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I gotta defend Lambda. He wants Alex to succeed but calls him out when he shows suck. He's a little more patient than most of us but realizes that Alex is more likely not to have "it" than to come out guns blazing.

fair enough.
lmao...I haven't even been here that long and noticed how butt-hurt oldman gets when anyone says anything about Alex Smith, that is the least bit negative...him and a few others, not going to mention any names...*cough * Lambda *cough*

You haven't been around here long so you probably do not know the history here, there are some posters on this board that lack the reasoning to understand team football and want to blame everything on the QB. It is fun occasionally to call them on it and watch the little dance they do, spinning, deflecting questions they have no real answer for, and so on. Legitimate reasons exist for criticism of Smith, but there are a few guys here that just like to make up more because the legit ones get boring to them from time to time. If you watch the threads, you will be able to pick out the posters of a lesser quality. Just remember that no matter whether you agree with them or not, most on here would like the team to be successful, but there are a few you can easily wonder about.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

You haven't been around here long so you probably do not know the history here, there are some posters on this board that lack the reasoning to understand team football and want to blame everything on the QB. It is fun occasionally to call them on it and watch the little dance they do, spinning, deflecting questions they have no real answer for, and so on. Legitimate reasons exist for criticism of Smith, but there are a few guys here that just like to make up more because the legit ones get boring to them from time to time. If you watch the threads, you will be able to pick out the posters of a lesser quality. Just remember that no matter whether you agree with them or not, most on here would like the team to be successful, but there are a few you can easily wonder about.

oh i know the posters you're talking about
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
You are?

I though you were too busy looking for anyone to say something bad about Smith that you didn't even know Hargaugh was our HC...

Thanks Joe.

And yes..it's true. I do want EVERY 49er to succeed. I don't care who they are. The only reason I'm trying to find the positive in Smith (or the team really) is because we're stuck at this point. It's not so much that I have faith in Alex more than I feel that Harbaugh can do good things.

My personal feeling: Unless we go 10-6 (due to Smith's consistent play)...I would be vehemently against bringing him back (unless it was for trade bait). I've been saying since early last season that the guy is just damaged goods. He's AT BEST a 85-89 rated QB in an "ideal" situation. The best chance Smith had was AFTER 2006...if we were able to retain Turner and let Smith continue to learn under Hostler...we may not even be having this conversation. But it is what it is and s**t happened. I DID NOT want to bring him back this year but we did...so may as well believe that Harbaugh can make it happen.