LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

A big Implosion?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
PPL calm down....they guy was out there during warm ups...not practice...we talkin about "not practice"...not a real practice with real helmets and defensive backs...we talkin about "not practice"....When was the last time you classified throwing the football around with your kid in the back yard as “practice”…common sense says the league will do nothing about this…
What really bothers me, is it took a field reporter (Cam Iman) to ask a 49er team official about Crabtree participating in practice to any extent under NFL rules for a player still on the PUP list.. That official then goes to Baalke, who was watching the drill and told him, then Baalke goes to Harbaugh and tells him..

Harbaugh - His first year, he is making some rookie mistakes, I think he'll be fine..

But for a reporter to notify a team official who then notifies the GM? It doesn't seem like a big issue, but gosh that just doesn't sit well with me.. I dunno man.. Things don't seem to positive around 4949 these days and haven't been for a while. When things are bad, every thing is, even the little things.
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
What really bothers me, is it took a field reporter (Cam Iman) to ask a 49er team official about Crabtree participating in practice to any extent under NFL rules for a player still on the PUP list.. That official then goes to Baalke, who was watching the drill and told him, then Baalke goes to Harbaugh and tells him..

Harbaugh - His first year, he is making some rookie mistakes, I think he'll be fine..

But for a reporter to notify a team official who then notifies the GM? It doesn't seem like a big issue, but gosh that just doesn't sit well with me.. I dunno man.. Things don't seem to positive around 4949 these days and haven't been for a while. When things are bad, every thing is, even the little things.
Harbaugh is making similar decisions that compare to Nowin and Singletary. Not good.
Originally posted by 9erlover:
Um, this is preseason. We were 4-0 in the preseason last year. Does anyone here actually know how preseason works? They don't game plan. They run plays that they would normally never run in the same circumstances in the regular season. Does the team need work? It seems so. But there isn't a person on this site that knows what the coaches are working on. No one knows what the line would be doing in the regular season. No one knows what blitzes the defense would be sending in the same circumstances in the regular season. Everyone on this board is clueless. I just seem to be one of the few that knows I'm clueless. Those of you making judgements based on preseason games, is extra clueless. Just sayin'.
It is the preseason, and the games are meaningless in regards to the 2011 record. I did not freak out over the Saints game, where the team was caught off guard in the 1st preseason game by a Saints coach who threw everything at the Niners.

However, the 3rd preseason game is the most crucial game, and the team was clearly not even close to being ready. We have a coach very frustrated, position coaches scratching their heads, players doing soul searching, and the overall feeling that things are on the wrong track. Not a good sign for a first year NFL head coach, in a transitional offense, in a limited preseason, with a QB who has struggled, and an unhappy RB, behind a broken offensive line that hasn't even declared a clear starter at center and right guard.

You are not clueless, but overly optimistic that the team can simply flip the switch and everything will come together. Maybe I am too skeptical.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Maybe I am too skeptical.

gee... ya think?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by 9erlover:
Um, this is preseason. We were 4-0 in the preseason last year. Does anyone here actually know how preseason works? They don't game plan. They run plays that they would normally never run in the same circumstances in the regular season. Does the team need work? It seems so. But there isn't a person on this site that knows what the coaches are working on. No one knows what the line would be doing in the regular season. No one knows what blitzes the defense would be sending in the same circumstances in the regular season. Everyone on this board is clueless. I just seem to be one of the few that knows I'm clueless. Those of you making judgements based on preseason games, is extra clueless. Just sayin'.
It is the preseason, and the games are meaningless in regards to the 2011 record. I did not freak out over the Saints game, where the team was caught off guard in the 1st preseason game by a Saints coach who threw everything at the Niners.

However, the 3rd preseason game is the most crucial game, and the team was clearly not even close to being ready. We have a coach very frustrated, position coaches scratching their heads, players doing soul searching, and the overall feeling that things are on the wrong track. Not a good sign for a first year NFL head coach, in a transitional offense, in a limited preseason, with a QB who has struggled, and an unhappy RB, behind a broken offensive line that hasn't even declared a clear starter at center and right guard.

You are not clueless, but overly optimistic that the team can simply flip the switch and everything will come together. Maybe I am too skeptical.

What are your thoughts about Alex Smith not getting more reps and a rookie 2nd rounder from a gimmick offense getting nearly as many reps as the starting QB? I mean, doen't these offensive starters needs as many reps together as possible?
Originally posted by Joecool:
What are your thoughts about Alex Smith not getting more reps and a rookie 2nd rounder from a gimmick offense getting nearly as many reps as the starting QB? I mean, doen't these offensive starters needs as many reps together as possible?

Whatever happened to the usual WZ rhetoric about how snaps in practice and pre-season won't matter for Alex because he only folds when games matter?
Why not a report of how Crabtree was running? Able to cut, stop, go fast? Nearly ready?
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Whatever happened to the usual WZ rhetoric about how snaps in practice and pre-season won't matter for Alex because he only folds when games matter?

When Nowin took starter reps away, it was the first time.
When Sinletary took starter reps away, it was mentioned but the players had already played together before but it did not go unoticed.
Now Harbaugh is doing the exact same thing and ...we are closing our eyes.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me three times,...um...don't care if you are deemed as a QB whisperer, didn't work in the past and won't work now.
When Sinletary took starter reps away, it was mentioned but the players had already played together before but it did not go unoticed.

Fool me three times,...um...don't care if you are deemed as a QB whisperer, didn't work in the past and won't work now.

Or you could look at it like this...

Harbaugh has seen all he needs to see from Alex. When he looks at our OL protection, he cringes, and realizes that he better NOT put Alex behind that crap or two things could happen. (1) Alex gets mangled and misses time with injury (2) Alex's happy feet return and his mind stays too rattled to do his job.

I do get what you are saying, and it has to take away from the starter's overall comfort when you reduce snaps. But better that, than to get the QB injured or rattled before you can address the real concern (OL protection) first.

Harbaugh has seen all he needs to see from Alex. When he looks at our OL protection, he cringes, and realizes that he better NOT put Alex behind that crap or two things could happen. (1) Alex gets mangled and misses time with injury (2) Alex's happy feet return and his mind stays too rattled to do his job.

I do get what you are saying, and it has to take away from the starter's overall comfort when you reduce snaps. But better that, than to get the QB injured or rattled before you can address the real concern (OL protection) first.

Perfect! Alex can get mangled in a real game instead of in a preseason game where he can communicate and make adjustments with his OL/RB/WR's and coach.

Maybe the bold was Nowin's and Singletary's genius plan also. But I'm sure they won't get credit for that idea.
judging a first year coach in a shortened offseason through 3 preseason games. you guys are setting your expectations way too high if you think hes gonna turn this team around in a couple months from the huge pile of dog s**t that the team has been for the last decade or so. give it some time, we will see an improvement but it wont be instantly. anyone with atleast a little common sense should know that.

Perfect! Alex can get mangled in a real game instead of in a preseason game where he can communicate and make adjustments with his OL/RB/WR's and coach.

Maybe the bold was Nowin's and Singletary's genius plan also. But I'm sure they won't get credit for that idea.

way to completely overlook the bolded part there...

So you do realize that in order to stand above the fool me once, twice, nth times you have to move your fandom to another team? Otherwise even in dessent you are supporting the 49ers and all the decisions they make.

Looking at your bloviated post count, I thinks we can just go ahead and chalk you up in the fool me three times catagory.
Originally posted by Shorteous:

So you do realize that in order to stand above the fool me once, twice, nth times you have to move your fandom to another team? Otherwise even in dessent you are supporting the 49ers and all the decisions they make.

Looking at your bloviated post count, I thinks we can just go ahead and chalk you up in the fool me three times catagory.

What the hell does what you said have anything to do with Harbaugh's handling of the QB position in comparison to Dinglebary and Nowin have anything to do with me being a fan, especially my post count?
Share 49ersWebzone