There are 181 users in the forums

Harbaughs Approach to this 3rd preseason game.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm sick and tired of people saying "Its Vanilla Offence" seems like, we are starting to say this just to make ourselves feel better..maybe it is "Vinilla" but what does it have to do with the OFFENSIVE LINE? Do they have a special blitz pick up scheme that they don't want Seattle or other teams to know about lol.

I dunno what do you guys thinks? are we really that vanilla.
I do link Vanilla Ice-cream though.
very short "camp", new system, new players, and a lot of the players are not very good
lol we suck mang
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
no use game planning for the preseason opponents when we have to use every available second in camp to install new offensive and defensive schemes from scratch.

so, yeah! all of the the games have been vanilla.

overreact if the team is still playing like this after week 4. kthanx.
The o-line has looked bad but I prefer to save my complaining for the regular season. When the o-line starts causing us games that matter I'll join in on the doom and gloom.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its just an excuse that fans who are denial use to make themselves feel better.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
more like Rocky Road

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Originally posted by boast:
no use game planning for the preseason opponents when we have to use every available second in camp to install new offensive and defensive schemes from scratch.

I have expressed a fair amount of displeasure over this process, but yes... I do agree with this overall.
The real deal starts in two weeks. So far, it doesn't look good at all, but we as fans don't see the complete picture. The only people who have that are the beat writers that are there every day at the practice facility, as well as the coaching staff and the players. I haven't read anything from them that gives me too much confidence. Obviously, Harbaugh is being as secretive as possible as to what they plan to do come the regular season Sure hope that he has alot up his sleeve once the real bullets fly.
well in regards to ggameplanning and o line not blocking you dont see the blitzes or the type od defesense they run so the o line doesnt pick ut up

mind you im not making exuses for the o line but appaerently we didnt gaeplan for them at all (watched 15 minn of film and didnt practice or do scout team day before like other games)

while on the other hand texans treated this like a real game and acually gameplanned against us
i can understand that JH n Crew don't want to game plan so as to not show their hand. i get that due to the lockout the process of installing the teams sets has taken a different route than what would have happened during a normal off season so yeah the team is behind most if not all other teams. what i don't get is how any amount of prep time doesn't include a healthy amount of time/prep/film centered around keeping the qb's from looking out their ear holes??!! hell, it's not like the team is stacked at the pos so what the deal??
Originally posted by boast:

This.

On the bright side, the "game planning" debate on this board right now is really exposing the posters who don't know a damn thing about football.

In High School football, we spend about 4 days, in the classroom and in practice, gameplanning against opponents.

In the NFL, Harbaugh spent 15 minutes in prep for this game.

Therefore... people need to stop overanalyzing the Texans game. Harbaugh knew we wouldn't look great. And he didn't care.
Share 49ersWebzone