LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 208 users in the forums

Harbaughs Approach to this 3rd preseason game.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just read the article on the front page, will edit a link in as well, But it says that Colin Kaepernick is going to get the majority of PT with the 1st team, as well as players on the bubble satruday Vs Houston.. honestly. BOOOOOOOO.

With the lockout having as much affect of teams as it has, getting prepared, being in synchronization, this would be the most important game of all, and wow, were going to see a rookie who (im sorry to break hopes) has no chance of starting week 1 (OR succeeding even if he were to come in late in the season due to smiths poor play, an injury ETC,) play the majority of a game where teams amongst the league play the most realistic game plan??? bad move JIMMY. smith and this offensive core need to get the work, not the rookie unless of course he seriously believes he would need to be ready to play this season. in which case if he did, this season is already tanked. So really, where is Jims thinking with this as far as getting this offense better and there still being a 4th preseason game for kaepernick to play the entirety on??? why would smith not play at LEAST one whole half.. why not even a quarter?? Were putting our eggs in his basket, why not just put them all there, and get this guy as ready as possible for Week 1 Vs Seattle???? Anyone have any opinion on this?? Good? Bad?? please leave feedback but this just kind of disturbs me.. Smith and the Offense need to do something against a potential playoff team in houston. Performing against the raiders does not say much we can all agree. Bad move jimmy.. bad move. I know we havent played yet, but even this Mentality is bad. Someone calm my nerves..
Originally posted by 49erjonny:
I just read the article on the front page, will edit a link in as well, But it says that Colin Kaepernick is going to get the majority of PT with the 1st team, as well as players on the bubble satruday Vs Houston.. honestly. BOOOOOOOO.

With the lockout having as much affect of teams as it has, getting prepared, being in synchronization, this would be the most important game of all, and wow, were going to see a rookie who (im sorry to break hopes) has no chance of starting week 1 (OR succeeding even if he were to come in late in the season due to smiths poor play, an injury ETC,) play the majority of a game where teams amongst the league play the most realistic game plan??? bad move JIMMY. smith and this offensive core need to get the work, not the rookie unless of course he seriously believes he would need to be ready to play this season. in which case if he did, this season is already tanked. So really, where is Jims thinking with this as far as getting this offense better and there still being a 4th preseason game for kaepernick to play the entirety on??? why would smith not play at LEAST one whole half.. why not even a quarter?? Were putting our eggs in his basket, why not just put them all there, and get this guy as ready as possible for Week 1 Vs Seattle???? Anyone have any opinion on this?? Good? Bad?? please leave feedback but this just kind of disturbs me.. Smith and the Offense need to do something against a potential playoff team in houston. Performing against the raiders does not say much we can all agree. Bad move jimmy.. bad move. I know we havent played yet, but even this Mentality is bad. Someone calm my nerves..

Maybe if Kap plays well, then it will truly be up in the air as to who we start Game 1 and SEA will not be able to prepare as well.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49erjonny:

Maybe if Kap plays well, then it will truly be up in the air as to who we start Game 1 and SEA will not be able to prepare as well.

You know I think the main reason he's doing this is because he is fully comfortable with smith starting, and he wants to judge the back ups more.
Originally posted by Joecool:

True, but even so, do you think there is enough confidence on harbaughs part for smith that playing the kaepernick decoy card would really benefit us week 1 moreso than just getting smith ready to fire on all cylinders?? im still not so sure.. ay yi yi.. lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

too bad you may learn a thing or two troll.

I just spit coke on my computer screen. Dammit Sus!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Originally posted by billbird2111:

I lol'd
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
You know I think the main reason he's doing this is because he is fully comfortable with smith starting, and he wants to judge the back ups more.

This! He wants to be sure that Kaep can be the backup QB. And if not, then they need to look at the waiver wire in a few days/weeks. Smith is the starter, plain and simple. This is an opportunity to give Kaep some experience against #1s.

It's highly doubtful that Smith will play the entire season, so its definitely a good idea for Kaep to get a few reps in before he's thrown to the wolves.

Maybe Harbaugh wants to get his handpicked QB as much PT as possible. Maybes he see Kaepernick as the QB he wants starting week 1. If so thats awesome and to many 49ers fans welcome news.
this move is to see who gets cut or not they wanna see if our backups are capable to play against the starters

edit: aww sus beat me to it.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Aug 25, 2011 at 2:27 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this move is to see who gets cut or not they wanna see if our backups are capable to play against the starters

but come on man.. this is a whole new system all around. lets see if our STARTERS can perform against STARTERS. then we can worry about backups next week.. I mean its understandable but that doesnt make it a smart football move.. to a extent
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

edit: aww sus beat me to it.

ahh but yours is much funnier.
Share 49ersWebzone