Delanie Walker to the IR or Moran Norris gets cut
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by toeknee:
Who gets cut for konrad?

Delanie Walker to the IR or Moran Norris gets cut

DW to IR #bookit
I think Konrad should be our third tight end and should be on the 53 man roster. Anyone know what the story is on his college career? According to this article http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/06/01/te-reuland-relieved-to-avoid-reunion-with-fleener/ he was 27th best player coming out of high school ranked by USA today. He was a 5 star tight end recruit to Notre Dame. However, he didn't put up any stats there and then transferred to Stanford where he didn't do much. What happened with Notre Dame? Was he injured? He's listed anywhere from 6'4-6'6 with 4.7 speed. His hands are raved about and I've personally seen him in training camp last year, he was catching everything his way. So what's his deal?
This is why we didn't select fleener
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
This is why we didn't select fleener

f**k fleener
Still thinking practice squad. I liked Byham's game in the limited action he saw as a rookie. He's a nasty blocker and can do enough as a pass catcher to be a very good #3 if his knee holds up.
i think he is very unpolished

Something tells me that is the likely condition. They wan't him blocking more than anything right now, for now. Has real potential though.
I think he has a leg up over Byham. His familiarity with Harbaugh and the fact that he practiced with the team all last year works in his favor, whereas Byham got stuck on I.R. and had to spend all his time rehabbing.

Early reports are that Byham is struggling a little bit with his mobility. He is just coming back from a serious knee injury after all. Reuland is impressive catching the ball, but has to improve his blocking. Byham is a good blocker who doesn't offer much as a receiver.

We know Harbaugh loves versatility. Whoever proves to have the better all-around game will win the job.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think he has a leg up over Byham. His familiarity with Harbaugh and the fact that he practiced with the team all last year works in his favor, whereas Byham got stuck on I.R. and had to spend all his time rehabbing.

Early reports are that Byham is struggling a little bit with his mobility. He is just coming back from a serious knee injury after all. Reuland is impressive catching the ball, but has to improve his blocking. Byham is a good blocker who doesn't offer much as a receiver.

We know Harbaugh loves versatility. Whoever proves to have the better all-around game will win the job.

Good post, that pettry much nails it, If Byham were healthy I think he'd win the spot due to his blocking ability, and can also backup Miller at FB
but I think he's gonna need some time, I expect they PuP him at the end of training camp, and Reuland makes the 53
I think you put on on as back up to the fb and the other is the #3 te. That way we keep both as an eventual replacement for Walker.
I actually like Konrad Reuland, but there's definitely some questions on him if he couldn't even beat out Justin Peele last season. Obviously, Vernon and Delanie aren't going anywhere so it's down to whether Reuland can take Nate Byham's spot on the depth chart. Byham's a better talented blocker and has pretty decent hands, while Konrad is faster and known to be a great pass catcher. I think with the playmaking ability of the first two TEs, the 49ers may opt to go with the solid blocker in Nate unless Konrad can improve that area.
Share 49ersWebzone