• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lee Hammer says NO
Practice squad...
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Practice squad...

still didn't make it...
With Edwards gone, Walker out, and no viable receivers available... it's gotta be KONRAD REULAND TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 27, 2011 at 12:11 PM ]
i think ur right.
yup. He might actually be able to make a catch innthe red-zone as well.

Yeah...it's a real possibility Walker's done for the year. If so, Reuland can play a vital role to augment Vernon. Some in the WZ seem to think Reuland's just a blocking TE, but not so. Looking at his record, he showed he can catch the ball, too. Vernon may get doubled by the Rams, and if so, Reuland could make a contribution immediately. At the WR position, they could sign a vet like Chambers...and he could have the better part of 3 weeks to get enough of the offense down before the playoffs, after we beat the Rams. He's got size and experience over Hastings, whom I know both Harbaugh and Roman liked a lot before he became a victim of the numbers.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Yeah...it's a real possibility Walker's done for the year. If so, Reuland can play a vital role to augment Vernon. Some in the WZ seem to think Reuland's just a blocking TE, but not so. Looking at his record, he showed he can catch the ball, too. Vernon may get doubled by the Rams, and if so, Reuland could make a contribution immediately. At the WR position, they could sign a vet like Chambers...and he could have the better part of 3 weeks to get enough of the offense down before the playoffs, after we beat the Rams. He's got size and experience over Hastings, whom I know both Harbaugh and Roman liked a lot before he became a victim of the numbers.

I actually think this will happen regardless of whther Walker is done for the year.

I think Edwards was released to create a roster spot so that they wouldn't have to put Walker on IR.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I actually think this will happen regardless of whther Walker is done for the year.

I think Edwards was released to create a roster spot so that they wouldn't have to put Walker on IR.

I think this makes a lot of sense. If you're lacking a WR and your most talented receiver is a TE who may not know how to block, you bring him up and start running more 2/3 TE sets.

This will be an even better move if Walker is able to come back.
Go Konrad!
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I think this makes a lot of sense. If you're lacking a WR and your most talented receiver is a TE who may not know how to block, you bring him up and start running more 2/3 TE sets.

This will be an even better move if Walker is able to come back..

Agree. I thought he did a very good job of catching balls in the preseason. I like the idea of moving him up to the active roster. I think if Walker can't make it back in the playoffs, then we can move up another receiver off the practice squad.
Share 49ersWebzone