There are 176 users in the forums

"Steve Young never learned how to read defenses"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Yeah, his athleticism alone accurately delivered passes to players en route to him being the NFL's All-Time leader in passer rating. Steve was a VERY smart QB. This guy is a freaking clown.

+1 lol he has a law degree, your trying to tell me he can pass the bar, but can't read a defense... B.S lol maybe when he was with the bucs, but walsh change his life for ever!
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I bet you his claim was followed by "defense reading is not something a quarterback must be amazing at to succeed" or some other sort of claim made to pump up ALex.

Really dude? Really?
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Neither did Alex Smith for 7 years..... .....

Negative.

Alex is a great reader.

s**tty test-taker though.

I was just kidding. I actually think he is real smart, reads the defenses well and knows what is going on. It's just the late throws, hesitation, and lack of confidence. If he would just chuck it in there and stop thinking so much I think he would be decent.
who the f**k is grant napier?
The Niners were a machine with Young at QB--efficient, deadly, exciting. A beautiful thing to watch.

Napier =
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Aug 23, 2011 at 9:34 PM ]
i find it hard that a qb cant read defense. Thats the first thing they teach you? Thats why they have card team so the first team offense can see whats thrown at them and a qb has to study video tape on different defenses. So yeah i find it hard that steve young didnt know how to read a defense.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

I don't know, but now I officially hate him.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Career passer rating of 96.8 is the highest of any QB in NFL history.

That dude should be fired from his job for being such a Douche....

Does anybody know where I could find a poster or wallpaper of the picture at the 1:30 mark of this video?
If God came to us and said, "You have to coach a game against evil Cyborgs. The survival of mankind is at stake. You have to pick one quarterback from one year of his career. Who do you pick?" We'll take Steve Young, 1994.

His stats look made up (70 percent completion, 35 TDs, 10 INTs, 8.6 yards per attempt, 112.8 QB rating, 7 rushing TDs, 6 TD passes in the Super Bowl). Behind Young, this team could not be stopped: Over its final 13 games (including the playoffs), it scored more than 40 six times and less than 30 just twice, and one of those was the season finale – which the Niners lost – when Young and Jerry Rice were benched after the first quarter. Alas, this team has one huge scar: a 40-8 loss to the Eagles in Week 5. It's enough to slide them down. Of course, maybe we made a mistake.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=super/rankings/1-20
lol

Originally posted by ace49ers:
If God came to us and said, "You have to coach a game against evil Cyborgs. The survival of mankind is at stake. You have to pick one quarterback from one year of his career. Who do you pick?" We'll take Steve Young, 1994. His stats look made up (70 percent completion, 35 TDs, 10 INTs, 8.6 yards per attempt, 112.8 QB rating, 7 rushing TDs, 6 TD passes in the Super Bowl). Behind Young, this team could not be stopped: Over its final 13 games (including the playoffs), it scored more than 40 six times and less than 30 just twice, and one of those was the season finale ? which the Niners lost ? when Young and Jerry Rice were benched after the first quarter. Alas, this team has one huge scar: a 40-8 loss to the Eagles in Week 5. It's enough to slide them down. Of course, maybe we made a mistake. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=super/rankings/1-20

Joe Montana. 1984, 1989. You pick the year, Lord, we'll back him. Steve Young 1994 comes third, if Joe has other things to do that day.

Young was great and this title of this thread is obvious BS, but Joe took the game to new heights, particularly those years.
What an unmitigated load of pure bull, someone doesn't know what the hell they are babbling about.
Originally posted by I-U-Porta-Poties:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

I don't know, but now I officially hate him.

clearly someone who never watched Steve Young play. This d-bag is prolly going to say the same thing about Montana
So now we are just regurgitating the various and wild things people say on radio? Wow... I find it impossible and ridiculous to believe that a Pro Bowl, 15 year vet doesn't know how to read defenses. Just stupid.

Now if we were talking about guys like Vince Young? Then maybe you have a case.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
So now we are just regurgitating the various and wild things people say on radio? Wow... I find it impossible and ridiculous to believe that a Pro Bowl, 15 year vet doesn't know how to read defenses. Just stupid. Now if we were talking about guys like Vince Young? Then maybe you have a case.
When Vick gets hurt this year, the eagles are proper f**ked.
Share 49ersWebzone