LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Football Outsiders? NFC West predictions..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i dont see why u guys are complaining about losing a couple more games, if we didnt stink it up to the level that sing did he woulda never got s**t canned and we wouldnt have fired him and picked up Harbaugh. ill take two extra losses for a decade or more of dominance. yes i said dominance, im at the bottom of the my koolaid pitcher and i need a refill. lets do this niners!!!
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by 8008:
They said we would stink it up bad last year.. and the Rams would surprise.. they got those spot on.

But..

2011 Predictions
49ers 8-8
Rams 6-10
Cards 6-10
Hawks 5-11

Not the greatest.. but I'll take it.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com

How do the Rams end up 6-10 when they have Bradford and an improved defense?
The same way we did........The Rams suck!!!!!!
Hope we do win the division
Originally posted by tohara3:

I believe this every year, and one of these years, I'll be right.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by tohara3:

lol I'm the same way
Originally posted by Amir:
If we win the division, I will get a face transplant.

If we win the division, I will wear Alex Smith underwear to work.
They said we would stink it up bad last year.. and the Rams would surprise.. they got those spot on.

But..

2011 Predictions
49ers 8-8
Rams 6-10
Cards 6-10
Hawks 5-11

What has Bradford proven at the NFL level?
Originally posted by cwilson830:

But..

2011 Predictions
49ers 8-8
Rams 6-10
Cards 6-10
Hawks 5-11

What has Bradford proven at the NFL level?

that people love to put pressure and anoint young QBs?
i think the west will be a lot tuffer than we've been looked at by the NFL as the weaker conference. we will suprise like pearl harbor... (sorry just got done watching that movie again)
On my PYMWYMI I got us at 8-8. Don't know if that will win the division.

All I know is that there are no more excuses, smarter coaches, smarter players, normally translate to wins. And honestly, can you really say the Niners can't sweep the division? We have the best defense in the division hands down. That's 6 games instantly in the bag, just win 2 or 3 more vs non division opponents and we're in the playoffs!! so possible.

Same here! Go Niners!
All I know is that there are no more excuses, smarter coaches, smarter players, normally translate to wins. And honestly, can you really say the Niners can't sweep the division? We have the best defense in the division hands down. That's 6 games instantly in the bag, just win 2 or 3 more vs non division opponents and we're in the playoffs!! so possible.

Exactly. And as I've mentioned in other threads...AT LEAST 3-5 of our losses last year were due to dumb s**t coaching. Think about it...had we won just 2 more games (say the Rams game at the end and the Atlanta game)..we would have been 8-8 and in the playoffs.

I'm not saying we're a 12-4 team but I am saying we're a SMARTER team and a BETTER coached team...therefore we should be able to pick up 2 or 3 more wins based on that alone (since that's what unequivocally handicapped us last year).

Anything beyond 7 or 8 wins will depend entirely on Alex and the offense. If Alex LIGHTS it up...we can easily win 9+ games. If he has another 15TD 10INT, 19TD, 11INT type season...then 8-8 with a playoff berth is a reasonable expectation.
It was this time last year that the zone went crazy when they said the rams would win the division and said we would go something like 5-11 or 6-10. They almost got that right lol.

8-8 doesnt seem to hard with our schedule. Gotta see it to believe it first though.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Interesting stat

Here is Alex's stats compared to the league average:

Stat-------- Smith-------- NFL Average
Comp%-----59.6%-------- 60.8%
Yd/Att--------6.9------------ 7.0
TD Rate-----4.1%--------- 4.3%
INT Rate----2.9% -------- 3.0%
Rating-------82.1---------- 82.2

you forgot his record....